Uaa Vs Minnesota Jan 28-29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uaa Vs Minnesota Jan 28-29

Ok let's forget about that *****Y weekend in Denver and move on to the Gophers.

I see a Split.
    Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Re: Uaa Vs Minnesota Jan 28-29

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
    Ok let's forget about that *****Y weekend in Denver and move on to the Gophers.

I see a Split.
    Packing the dog sled tonight and taking off tommow for the game. I will get in about 2pm friday.Anybody want to help me out by letting me stake my 20 well behaved sled dogs in their front yard? they are nice dogs until they see a moose or a wolf, then you have your hands full. I want a sweep but will take a split. Go Seawolves
    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

U A A, U A A, we're the Seawolves and we're ready to play!

I need to get that stupid song out of my head.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I think that both of these teams "need" a sweep. UAA perhaps moreso since Minnesota and St. Cloud both have a couple of games in hand and are one point ahead. The less UAA gets from the full 4 points the more difficult it will be for them to get to a place where winning the last league game might get them a home ice berth.

The Seawolves played well against Denver but are going to have to work just as hard and effectively against Minnesota this weekend and more importantly they'll have to get the **** puck across the line. Maybe BuckyBorn Sean Wiles will have that breakout weekend we've been hoping to see. Will Grant loosen up and finish his chances?

Gunderson has been rock steady even against DU. So there shouldn't be any worries there ... i'm certain he'll play well enough to give the team in front of him a chance to win. The forecheck sure seemed turned up a notch from the usual game plan this past weekend so i'll be watching to see if that continues.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          U A A, U A A, we're the Seawolves and we're ready to play!

I need to get that stupid song out of my head.
          If you think that song is stupid what about these......Dumb and Dumber?
          I like dumber better than dumb

Minnesota Rouser
          Minnesota, hats off to thee!
          To thy colors true we shall ever be,
          Firm and strong, united are we.
          Rah, rah, rah, for Ski-U-Mah,
          Rah! Rah! Rah! Rah!
          Rah for the U of M.
          [Repeat]
          M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A!
          Minnesota, Minnesota!
          Yay, Gophers! RAH!
          Original Minnesota Rouser
          Rah, rah,
          Honor to our college Minnesota U.
          Loyal to thy standards We'll never be untrue.
          Underneath thy pennant Pulses beat with pride
          And victory e'er shall be our aim O'er the nation wide, (Yell)
          Minnesota, hats off to thee,
          To your colors true we shall ever be...
          Rah, rah, rah, for Ski-U-Ma,
          Rah, rah, rah, rah, rah, rah, rah,
          Rah, for the U of M. Ah........ (repeat refrain)
          UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
            If you think that song is stupid what about these......Dumb and Dumber?
            I like dumber better than dumb

Minnesota Rouser
            Minnesota, hats off to thee!
            To thy colors true we shall ever be,
            Rah, rah, rah, for Ski-U-Mah,
            Rah! Rah! Rah! Rah!
            Rah for the U of M.
            [Repeat]
            M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A!
            Minnesota, Minnesota!
            Yay, Gophers! RAH!
            Original Minnesota Rouser
            Rah, rah,
            Honor to our college Minnesota U.
            Loyal to thy standards We'll never be untrue.
            Underneath thy pennant Pulses beat with pride
            And victory e'er shall be our aim O'er the nation wide, (Yell)
            Minnesota, hats off to thee,
            To your colors true we shall ever be...
            Rah, rah, rah, for Ski-U-Ma,
            Rah, rah, rah, rah, rah, rah, rah,
            Rah, for the U of M. Ah........ (repeat refrain)
            Just remember the University of Minnesota invented cheerleading and cheerleaders.
            Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
            dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
            wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

It's not even close. The UAA song is worse than the MTU PK Ditty. Yeah, I said it.

BTW, I tried to find the link on the UAA site, but even searching using pieces of the chorus failed to turn up anything. Let the people decide, and post a link!

And don't be surprised if, upon return to Alaska, you find Hill in the baggage compartment in lieu of 4 points.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                It's not even close. The UAA song is worse than the MTU PK Ditty. Yeah, I said it.

BTW, I tried to find the link on the UAA site, but even searching using pieces of the chorus failed to turn up anything. Let the people decide, and post a link!

And don't be surprised if, upon return to Alaska, you find Hill in the baggage compartment in lieu of 4 points.
                You are welcome. Shout it off the Chugach Mountains!
                Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                  Thank you.

Parise, that's horrible.

I know there's another song that's floating around, allegedly submitted for the Olympics or something, done by the same guy. Dirty, I'm pretty sure you know what I'm talking about, as a couple mutual friends were the ones that found it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                    Comrade Have you heard when your new fight song is coming out?

Comment

This video progresses from lame to corny in two minutes. Looks to me like flashes of Cyrillic lettering for some reason.

Comment

The Gophers have shown me nothing that would indicate they are capable of playing two good games in a row Split

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
                          I think that both of these teams "need" a sweep. UAA perhaps moreso since Minnesota and St. Cloud both have a couple of games in hand and are one point ahead. The less UAA gets from the full 4 points the more difficult it will be for them to get to a place where winning the last league game might get them a home ice berth.
                          If UAA has any illusions (delusions?) about earning home ice, this weekend is certainly the most important of the season. That said, it's going to be incredibly difficult for the Seawolves to climb to 6th place. They have to pass 3 teams in the standings who all have 2 games in hand.
                          Likely Anchorage will have to take 16 out of the 20 available pts over their final 10 games just to put themselves in a position to get a little help from other teams in moving up to 6th.

I would argue this weekend is also the most important of the season (so far) for the Gophers. They have the possibility of squeaking up to 5th place by the end of the regular season, but to do so will likely have to go 8-3-1 (with a big weekend in Madison). I think 5th has to be the goal, as it will put them in a position to earn an NCAA bid through the play-offs without having to win the whole WCHA Tournament.
                          But considering they still have to play DU and UMD, that means MN really needs to sweep this weekend. That's going to be far from easy.

So basically, both teams really need to sweep. A split simply isn't enough for either club (and really, neither is 3 pts). Should make for some intense hockey.

My worry is that the Gophers come in expecting the UAA team of past years; and if they do that, it will be the Seawolves who will be coming out of the weekend with 4 more pts in the standings.
                          Last edited by Stauber1; 01-25-2011, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Wow this is sad. Our trash talking is limited to critiquing each others' songs. What next? Uniforms, mascots?

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                              Wow this is sad. Our trash talking is limited to critiquing each others' songs. What next? Uniforms, mascots?
                              Sure ...

What's up with the upside-down "W" instead of using an "M"?

Comment

Working...
                              X