X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Uaa Vs Minnesota Jan 28-29

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
    Except score.
    No question MN bricked on offense tonight. Ladies and gentlemen, the MNS offense!

Comment

Thanks for representing the Seawolves MEG!! We saw you and your SEAWOLF scarf several times!
      Originally Posted by aparch
      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        Yeah, seriously. They had pressure, they had shots, they had everything except goals. UAA clogged/blocked a ton, Kamal did what he needed (somehow), etc.

MN gave up ONE FRIGGIN' GOAL. Can't ask for much more than that. MN played well, UAA played better.
        Agreed, Minny played well, UAA played well but just managed to finish one of their chances. Sometimes that's the difference.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

I mentioned this on GopherPuckLive, but if this loss came when MN had a great record, we'd chalk it up to a hiccup-loss. Given the record this year (and the couple years past), everyone is in the "sky is falling" mode.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I mentioned this on GopherPuckLive, but if this loss came when MN had a great record, we'd chalk it up to a hiccup-loss. Given the record this year (and the couple years past), everyone is in the "sky is falling" mode.
            I think the Wooger said the Gophers have 19 NHL draft picks. Is that right? If so, the UM coaching staff is NOT getting the most out of those players.
            Originally Posted by aparch
            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

The failure of large numbers of Gopher fans to recognize and acknowledge that there are other hockey teams in D1 and even that some of them are good enough to beat their team on any given night provides a wealth of entertainment to non-Gopher fans.
              Last edited by uaafanblog; 01-29-2011, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                I think the Wooger said the Gophers have 19 NHL draft picks. Is that right? If so, the UM coaching staff is NOT getting the most out of those players.
                1.We blame Hill. (wouldn't you? )
                2. We also mainly agree that unless MN reaches at least the regionals, if not the F4, tDon needs to go. Very sad, but unfortunately true.
                3. IMO, I think the "new age" recruiting strategy is still in its final transition, but it takes a "new school" coach to make that strategy work. No more NHL prospects as the main target. 1 or 2, fine, but today's game demands more role players who will stay 2-3 years minimum.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Agree.
                  The Gophers didn't play poorly tonight. UAA played heads and shoulders better than they did yesterday.
                  Tonight's game was what I was expecting all weekend...tight, tough-nosed hockey with MN carrying the play but not necessarily the scoreline.

It's a shame MN couldn't have just one guy step up and make a play. Guys like Hoeffel, Barriball, Cepis...these are the games where you need those guys to make something happen. They have been too quiet.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                    Agreed, Minny played well, UAA played well but just managed to finish one of their chances. Sometimes that's the difference.
                    Just for the record the goal was tipped off of Aaron Ness's stick and went in.

In terms of making the NCAAs there is little doubt the sky fell tonight for the Gophers...they're done.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                      Minnesota I know many of you probably hate it but that's how UAA plays the game and tonight, finally able to play it, it worked. Kamal was certainly a big part but it's all about clogging passing lanes and blocking shots.

I'm hoping this starts to turn things around and UAA can make a run at home ice.
                      I didn't hate it, they did their job, played their style, collapsed and blocked everything, and won. They are to be complimented on their performance. Because I'm annoyed at times for how our team is playing, don't confuse that with a lack of respect or acknowledgement of the other team.
                      Most victories- Minnesota (1,526)

Most Tourney Victories- Minnesota (49)

30 tourney appearances

19 frozen fours

16 straight post season victories ended on 3-28-04 by tUMD. (This sig was edited for BC06!)

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
                        The failure of large numbers of Gopher fans to recognize and acknowledge that there are other hockey teams in D1 and even that some of them are good enough to beat their team on any given night provides a wealth of entertainment to non-Gopher fans.
                        This is so false, I don't even know where to start. Do not misunderstand trash talk with other sister schools as not acknowleding other teams. Put your self in our place, where UAA had as many top players who are picked in the NHL draft as anyone, yet for years now we are a mid pack team at best.

30 tourney appearances

19 frozen fours

16 straight post season victories ended on 3-28-04 by tUMD. (This sig was edited for BC06!)

Comment

Sadly the sky is not falling, it is staying in its same mediocre spot and we suddenly are ripped on for expecting more out of this program.

30 tourney appearances

19 frozen fours

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
                            No question MN bricked on offense tonight. Ladies and gentlemen, the MNS offense!
                            NO creativity. Continued ton throw the puck into a pack of seawolves. Little pace due to missed passes. Several offsides that were not pressured. Seemed like a lack of fire and focus to complete the weekend. UGH, I wasn't surprised.

30 tourney appearances

19 frozen fours

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                              Gophers have 10 freshmen don't they? or is it 11 with the new goalie? They still have a lot to learn and to be in the top six in the WCHA in a rebuilding year is good. Maybe if the freshmen stick around for awhile then the coaches could get more out of the players.
                              "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalSiouxFan View Post
                                Gophers have 10 freshmen don't they? or is it 11 with the new goalie? They still have a lot to learn and to be in the top six in a rebuilding year is good. Maybe if the freshmen stick around for awhile then the coaches could get more out of the players.
                                That is one of the few smart things you've said in the past few weeks. Hopefully the young'ns stick around.

Comment

Working...
                                X