Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Uaa Vs Minnesota Jan 28-29

Originally posted by SoCalSiouxFan View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing UM travel to UAA for WCHA playoff games.
    The WCHA would mind a great deal. That's a huge drop-off in revenue.

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
      Sure ...

What's up with the upside-down "W" instead of using an "M"?
      If you didn't shave your head I'd say you were a blonde. Just kidding, just kiddin.
      Originally Posted by aparch
      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
        I think this was Jimmy's point.
        UAA is not the same team as years past. They are capable of beating any of the top 3 teams in the league on any given night, even when those teams play a pretty good game.

That being said, I will be hugely disappointed with anything less than 3 pts this weekend.
        I think we were watching the same game online a couple weeks ago, UAA vs CC. I agree UAA has some very gutsy players that can really hustle. This is a big series comin' up with very little margin for error in terms of the standings. Both teams really need a sweep to stay in contention. The Gophers need 8 Ws/12 for a realistic shot at home ice and a slight chance at the NCAAs (with help). If the Gophers can't manage a sweep their chances for home ice greatly diminish and an NCAA berth barring a miracle finish could be realistically out of reach.

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
          I think we were watching the same game online a couple weeks ago, UAA vs CC. I agree UAA has some very gutsy players that can really hustle. This is a big series comin' up with very little margin for error in terms of the standings. Both teams really need a sweep to stay in contention. The Gophers need 8 Ws/12 for a realistic shot at home ice and a slight chance at the NCAAs (with help). If the Gophers can't manage a sweep their chances for home ice greatly diminish and an NCAA berth barring a miracle finish could be realistically out of reach.
          IF MN can take at least 3 pts this weekend, I don't think they will need 8 wins of their last 12 games to secure home ice. My feeling is that with that leg up on UAA, they will only need to go 5-5 over those last 10 games for a 6th place finish.

SCSU is playing a hell of a lot better than how they started the year, but they are going to have a hard time gaining ground on anyone ahead of them given how brutal their remaining schedule is.
          I've been saying since December, and my opinion hasn't changed, that CC is going to struggle down the stretch here.

Now if UAA gains ground on MN this weekend (as you alluded to), all bets are off. And really, squeaking into 6th place is an unsuccessful and unacceptable finish to the season for MN. As I previously stated, I think going 8-3-1 or 9-3 and finishing 5th has to be the difficult but attainable goal for the Gophers. But that means that this is a must-3pt (and nearly a must-sweep) weekend for MN. And I'll say it again, that's going to be a very tough task.

So I guess what I'm saying is, I agree. This is a huge weekend for both clubs. I doubt the fans at Mariucci will realize just how important this series is, and how much of a battle it should be. And I hope that lack of energy and buzz doesn't rub off on the Gophers.
          Last edited by Stauber1; 01-26-2011, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
            I think this was Jimmy's point.
            UAA is not the same team as years past. They are capable of beating any of the top 3 teams in the league on any given night, even when those teams play a pretty good game.

That being said, I will be hugely disappointed with anything less than 3 pts this weekend.
            Sheesh, when did Gopher fans become so complimentary of our opponents? Nothing that I have said thus far has alluded to the fact that I think AA is an awful team. Clearly that isn't the case. But they are a bottom half of the league team and the Gophers SHOULD beat them AT HOME. Nowhere did I say that would actually happen either. You must have missed the part of the post that said I am living in a delusional world where that sort of thing would still happen .
            "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
              If you didn't shave your head I'd say you were a blonde. Just kidding, just kiddin.
              Are you saying he's not? Did you check the carpet?

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                But they are a bottom half of the league team and the Gophers SHOULD beat them AT HOME.
                Gophers certainly have not yet established themselves as a top half team. With only two points seperating these two teams it may become a little more clear after the weekend which team(s) will be in the bottom half.

Bark Bark Bark!!! Something seems to be nipping at the gopher's heels. Gophers better move their feet this weekend or they will be overtaken by Seawolves.
                Last edited by SoCalSiouxFan; 01-26-2011, 11:02 AM.
                "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

Sheesh, when did Gopher fans become so complimentary of our opponents? Nothing that I have said thus far has alluded to the fact that I think AA is an awful team. Clearly that isn't the case. But they are a bottom half of the league team and the Gophers SHOULD beat them AT HOME. Nowhere did I say that would actually happen either. You must have missed the part of the post that said I am living in a delusional world where that sort of thing would still happen .
                  I actually have to agree with this kid. Yes, UAA is better than in years past, but he also said they were. But, no matter how you look at it, UAA is still a 9th place team in a 12 team league. You can butter it up to make UAA sound better than they are, but Bemidji is one win behind them points wise and I don't really see the same backup of the Beavers that I do the Seawolves. They still are who we thought they were.
                  "In heaven there is no beer. NO BEER! That's why we drink it here. RIGHT HERE!"

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalSiouxFan View Post
                    Gophers certainly have not yet established themselves as a top half team. With only two points seperating these two teams it may become a little more clear after the weekend which team(s) will be in the bottom half.

Bark Bark Bark!!! Something seems to be nipping at the gopher's heels. Gophers better move their feet this weekend or they will be overtaken by Seawolves.
                    I never said the Gophers were a top half team. All I know is I have seen the Gophers play with some of the best. They beat Michigan, took 3 points from tDogs, and stole the Friday night game against sue(and quite honestly hung in there until late on Saturday). We have seen how these guys can play. Are they ever going to put it together consistently? Who the heck knows? But a home series against a team like AA is not something that the Gophers should struggle with. Again I stress the "should".
                    "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by dogs2012 View Post
                      I actually have to agree with this kid. Yes, UAA is better than in years past, but he also said they were. But, no matter how you look at it, UAA is still a 9th place team in a 12 team league. You can butter it up to make UAA sound better than they are, but Bemidji is one win behind them points wise and I don't really see the same backup of the Beavers that I do the Seawolves. They still are who we thought they were.
                      Kinda like putting lipstick on a pig?
                      DU Pioneer Hockey. National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005
                      sigpic
                      WCHA arenas I have visited: Magness, Kohl, Sullivan, National Hockey Center, DECC, Cleveland Steamer World Arena (CSWA)

Thanks for your friendship Jimbo!!!

Comment

I never said the Gophers were a top half team. All I know is I have seen the Gophers play with some of the best. They beat Michigan, took 3 points from tDogs, and stole the Friday night game against sue(and quite honestly hung in there until late on Saturday). We have seen how these guys can play. Are they ever going to put it together consistently? Who the heck knows? But a home series against a team like AA is not something that the Gophers should struggle with. Again I stress the "should".
                        Just put the dooshnozzle on ignore.

Comment

Some other douchenozzle had this to say on some dooshblog too ...

The University of Minnesota Golden Gopher hockey team is quite probably the premier outfit in all of college hockey. Their rich history and tradition are shared by few other teams. Countless alumni have achieved fame and even glory in their post-Gopher hockey lives. They've probably won double the number of WCHA championships to the number of years that UAA has been in the league. They are dynasty-like. Other programs in the NCAA might be offended and feel the need to defend their perceived status in any discussion of this sort ...

Comment

I'm looking forward to attending this series this weekend. I will be sporting my UAA jersey! (and maybe a sign if I get around to making one)

UAA fans (Alaska Hockey, perhaps?), can someone let Becky and Bruce know that I will be wearing the jersey they were kind enough to lend to me? I would call Becky myself, but I don't have her number since my phone died.

Let's go, Seawolves!! Maybe my second favorite team can pick up some points this weekend...

HEY SKEETERMAN!!
                            Former President of Mitch's Misfits, 2005-2008

"The fans are what makes college hockey so great." - Casey Borer

Comment

Originally posted by MeanEgirl View Post
                              I'm looking forward to attending this series this weekend. I will be sporting my UAA jersey! (and maybe a sign if I get around to making one)

UAA fans (Alaska Hockey, perhaps?), can someone let Becky and Bruce know that I will be wearing the jersey they were kind enough to lend to me? I would call Becky myself, but I don't have her number since my phone died.

Let's go, Seawolves!! Maybe my second favorite team can pick up some points this weekend...

HEY SKEETERMAN!!
                              See you at the game
                              Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                              UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Should be a good series. I see UAA has improved their skating and skill set to keep up with the upper echelon teams in the WCHA. I also see them playing the 1-2-2 system designed to wait for the other teams mistakes coming out of the defensive zone. Not a fan of it but it is effective.
                                Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                                dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                                wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Working...
                                X