Mankato at St. Cloud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mankato at St. Cloud

Well it looks like a must sweep for both teams if they want a chance to get home ice this year. The Huskies have won 6 in a row and look to be playing their best hockey of the year. What are people's thoughts and predictions?
    I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Re: Mankato at St. Cloud

I like how you kept the name of our opponents ambiguous. How many times have they changed their name in the last decade?
    St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

In the last decade, exactly none. The name change occurred in 1998. A reasonably intelligent person would have adapted by now.

Don't you ever get tired of re-hashing the same crap?
      My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

My prediction is that MSU will become one of two teams to be the first to finish worse than 10th in the WCHA, but Jutting will keep his job.
        My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
          In the last decade, exactly none. The name change occurred in 1998. A reasonably intelligent person would have adapted by now.

I have bolded the problem.
          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Except you have changed the name in the last 10 years. See...first you were Mankato State...then in 1998 you were Minnesota State University, Mankato (where no one could decide if you were MSUM, MSU,M, or MSU-M)...and now you're just Minnesota State University.

I can just call you guys the clowns with the bells, though. How's that soccer cheer going?
            Last edited by Dude Love; 01-23-2011, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
              Except you have changed the name in the last 10 years. See...first you were Mankato State...then in 1998 you were Minnesota State University, Mankato (where no one could decide if you were MSUM, MSU,M, or MSU-M)...and now you're just Minnesota State University.
              The school hasn't changed anything. The athletic department has been a little slow in deciding what is said on air.
              the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                The school hasn't changed anything. The athletic department has been a little slow in deciding what is said on air.
                Either way, the problem still exists.
                "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post

I can just call you guys the clowns with the bells, though. How's that soccer cheer going?
                  The name has been Minnesota State University, Mankato since 1998. None of those abbreviations is acceptable; when abbreviating you're only supposed to use MSU. If the athletic department is using just Minnesota State University, that's them, and not the official name of the school. The athletic department has no authority to change the name of the school.

Since the Olé cheer seems to upset opposing fans so much, I guess it's doing its job.

Comment

The name has been Minnesota State University, Mankato since 1998. None of those abbreviations is acceptable; when abbreviating you're only supposed to use MSU. If the athletic department is using just Minnesota State University, that's them, and not the official name of the school. The athletic department has no authority to change the name of the school.
                    Look at the standings page here on USCHO. Even there you're just called "Minnesota State."

Maybe it's YOU who don't know what the school is called!

Comment

You know, everybody but St. Cloud fans has pretty much gotten over our name several years ago.

Comment

They'll always be The University of Minnesota State at Mankato Technological Agricultural and Mining College of Our Lady Of Perpetual Sorrow to me. I'm sentimental like that.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

You know, everybody but St. Cloud fans has pretty much gotten over our name several years ago.
                          Don't worry...we feel about you the same way the Gopher fans feel about us: total indifference.

Comment

You're the one feeling the need to correct it.
                            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                            Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                            Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                            Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                            Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

MavFan,

This will be a hard fought series. I give a lot of credit to your squad for how they come to play. I think goal tending will be the difference maker this weekend. I have seen Cook when he is on, and he has impressed me. Mike Lee is finding his groove as of late. This series has the making of play off atmosphere hockey as it is do or die for a shot at home ice.

Don't let the agitators get to you.

For the classless few, put your muzzle on. A 6 six game win streak is nice, but at this point we really don't have much to be getting arrogant about.

Comment

Working...
                              X