Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mankato at St. Cloud

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
    Does Jutting still sneak out back between periods and smoke heaters? Does Mankato have any fans left?
    Probably and a few.

Penalty Minutes
    Rk Team PEN/MIN AVG
    1 Nebraska-Omaha 118-for-285 15.83
    2 North Dakota 110-for-275 15.28
    3 Michigan Tech 94-for-237 14.81
    4 Alaska-Anchorage 102-for-259 14.39
    5 Denver 111-for-255 14.17
    6 Minnesota-Duluth 101-for-251 13.94
    7 Bemidji State 100-for-244 13.56
    8 Minnesota State 111-for-241 13.39
    9 St. Cloud State 96-for-211 13.19
    Minnesota 100-for-211 13.19
    11 Colorado College 84-for-198 12.38
    12 Wisconsin 103-for-217 12.06

Traditionally we do. This year is better but the penalties have been less than timely.

Comment

Does Jutting still sneak out back between periods and smoke heaters?
      I used to join him once and a while. He wasn't very open to revealing strategy, or if he even had one.
      the state of hockey is good

Comment

Any Mav fans come up for the games?
        The fam and I are coming up. We're assuming we'll be able to walk up for tickets...no?
        Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyredshoes View Post
          Mankato always seems to play us tough, no matter the records of the 2 teams. 4-5-3 against them since the 07-08 season. Should be a good series and I'm glad I'm going to both games. Hopefully the Huskies keep riding the momentum of the last few weekends pull out 2 wins, we need the points with our upcoming schedule.

How has Cook been in goal for Mankato this year? I remember watching the last regular season series and then the 3 playoff games and thinking the Mavericks should be set in goal for the next few years the way he was playing. Was that a fluke or has he continued to play well, and the record is more of a product of the overall play of the team?
          Definitely more of a product of the team. Cook has been good and consistent. This team just can't score. Two D-men are among the top 3 scorers on the team. Take for example this last week on Saturday. We scored early in the third period to tie it up 1-1 and 30 seconds later gave up a goal on an odd man rush created by the d-men getting smoked. We proceeded to put 17 shots on net over the course of the 3rd and couldn't score.

The team also hasn't learned how to finish games. I think the stat was over an 8-WCHA-game period we led at some point in every game, but only won a 2 games. We held 3-goal leads over both Denver and UND (as well as 1 and 2 goal leads in the other games) and lost all 4 games. This is probably the most frustrated and apathetic that I have ever seen.

Comment

Zuck was out of the lineup Sat. v. WI.....injury or healthy scratch?

Comment

Originally posted by Bale View Post
              The fam and I are coming up. We're assuming we'll be able to walk up for tickets...no?
              No problem.
              Bob is making me concerned
              I am the voice of reason

Comment

We held 3-goal leads over both Denver and UND (as well as 1 and 2 goal leads in the other games) and lost all 4 games.
                Just to pick a nit, the first Denver game ended in a tie. Your point is correct, but part of the reason they keep losing late leads is because they shorten up the bench to where the same few guys are simply skated into the ground and have nothing left in the last ten minutes of the third period. Davis and Youds almost never come off the ice late in the third.
                My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                  I used to join him once and a while. He wasn't very open to revealing strategy, or if he even had one.
                  I use to as well before Kurtz put a end to it.....Jutting seems to be a really good guy. We have a mutal friend and I have had a few barley pops with him before.
                  I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

It won't sell out. you might end up being in one of the corners if you wait.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

It won't sell out. you might end up being in one of the corners if you wait.
                      That's OK. I don't mind being in the middle of a bunch of opposing team fans if it's just me and the wife, but with the kiddo with I'm not too likely to do that. Too good of a chance to be by a bunch of *********s (and that goes for every arena).

Comment

That's OK. I don't mind being in the middle of a bunch of opposing team fans if it's just me and the wife, but with the kiddo with I'm not too likely to do that. Too good of a chance to be by a bunch of *********s (and that goes for every arena).
                        Usually our fans are decent to visting fans as long as you are not a loud mouth jerk off like Goofer and Bulldog fans..... I did hear of a couple Sioux fans having a tough time with some our fans a a few years ago, but that usually doesn't happen.

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

You're a Mankato fan, and you'll be with wife and kid, you'll be fine. Guys in their 20's who walk by the student section in opposing jerseys may get "***-hole" chanted at them, but usually not adults, and NEVER in the series with MSU-M, MTU, UAA, etc. Hell, I just hope our students remember there are games this weekend.
                          tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                            You're a Mankato fan, and you'll be with wife and kid, you'll be fine. Guys in their 20's who walk by the student section in opposing jerseys may get "***-hole" chanted at them, but usually not adults, and NEVER in the series with MSU-M, MTU, UAA, etc. Hell, I just hope our students remember there are games this weekend.
                            I thought that until I started seeing teenage girls that were UND fans (and doing nothing but cheering) getting reamed out by old ladies at MSU. At one point this season I told a 50-year-old woman to grow up. I've lost faith in people being reasonable. Maybe she was just an old bag though.

Comment

I thought that until I started seeing teenage girls that were UND fans (and doing nothing but cheering) getting reamed out by old ladies at MSU. At one point this season I told a 50-year-old woman to grow up. I've lost faith in people being reasonable. Maybe she was just an old bag though.
                              Wow. That's crazy. I expect that from 20 year old guys, not 50 year old ladies.

Personally, I LOVE the feeling of walking into someone else's barn wearing SCSU garb proudly and taking the flack, but I'm in my late 20's without family. If somebody did that to someone with their family there, or teens, that's pretty messed up.
                              tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

That doesn't surprise me from certain fan bases. Back in 2001 at the final five I had a lady that had to be well into her 60's tell me my team were cheaters and was only beating the Gophers beacause we were a bunch of 25 year old canandians. At the time the average age on both teams was within six months of each other.

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

Working...
                                X