Mankato at St. Cloud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mankato at St. Cloud

I thought Mankato was going DIII, to make room for UNO and Brrmidji.
    Bob is making me concerned
    I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
      I thought Mankato was going DIII, to make room for UNO and Brrmidji.
      No, it's more fun to just remain a WCHA punching bag. This is actually a pretty good looking squad; LOTS of team speed, but Jutting just cycles the same few guys out there over and over until they look like they're skating in mud by the mid-point of the third period. Since they lack any pure scorers, once they lose the speed aspect they're done.
      My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
        No, it's more fun to just remain a WCHA punching bag. This is actually a pretty good looking squad; LOTS of team speed, but Jutting just cycles the same few guys out there over and over until they look like they're skating in mud by the mid-point of the third period. Since they lack any pure scorers, once they lose the speed aspect they're done.
        Thanks, I'll pass that on to Motzko.
        I am the voice of reason

Comment

Thanks, I'll pass that on to Motzko.
          If he doesn't already know that, he's not paying attention.
          My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Any Mav fans come up for the games?
            I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

This series has this written all over it ...

Just sayin ...

Comment

DTP, I take it you are bored? That or you are starting to realize SCSU with their 5-11-2 first half is still going to finish ahead of UAA yet again.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Question for Mankato fans: what have you guys thought of Jokinen so far? I thought he was going to be a big factor on your squad before he started with you guys, and the first two years he was only in the lineup about 60% of the time. Obviously his stats are way up this year, including most importantly games played. How do you feel about him, and more about the intangibles; forechecking, special teams play, etc., cause its pretty easy to look up the box score stuff.
                  tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
                    This series has this written all over it ...

Just sayin ...
                    Well if anyone would know ********, it would be you.
                    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                      DTP, I take it you are bored? That or you are starting to realize SCSU with their 5-11-2 first half is still going to finish ahead of UAA yet again.
                      Yeah, but UAA has Nathan Lawson. We will just have to settle for another home playoff series.
                      Originally posted by SJHovey
                      Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                      Originally posted by Brenthoven
                      We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Mankato always seems to play us tough, no matter the records of the 2 teams. 4-5-3 against them since the 07-08 season. Should be a good series and I'm glad I'm going to both games. Hopefully the Huskies keep riding the momentum of the last few weekends pull out 2 wins, we need the points with our upcoming schedule.

How has Cook been in goal for Mankato this year? I remember watching the last regular season series and then the 3 playoff games and thinking the Mavericks should be set in goal for the next few years the way he was playing. Was that a fluke or has he continued to play well, and the record is more of a product of the overall play of the team?
                        This is THE State of Hockey. Check your teams roster. I bet there are some Minnesotans on it
                        www.twitter.com/johnnyredshoes

Comment

It's all about the "D" for the Huskies. Will they hold up? Will they step up? Will they stay healthy? Will they shoot the puck? Let me add, will they shoot the puck ON NET? With Eddy back, and yes with Mosey gone, the forwards seem to have galvanized and are producing. Perfect? No, but they are playing well. Mike has not been brilliant, but pretty darn good and on a good run as well. So it brings it back to "D". UMD, ND, Wisco, UNO, Denver still to come. They need to play poised, solid defense. That and hopefully an actual powerplay down the stretch might just give Husky fans reasons to cheer past the first round of the WCHA playoffs. I am hopeful and my fingers are crossed. Go Huskies!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Reverse Sanity View Post
                            It's all about the "D" for the Huskies. Will they hold up? Will they step up? Will they stay healthy? Will they shoot the puck? Let me add, will they shoot the puck ON NET? With Eddy back, and yes with Mosey gone, the forwards seem to have galvanized and are producing. Perfect? No, but they are playing well. Mike has not been brilliant, but pretty darn good and on a good run as well. So it brings it back to "D". UMD, ND, Wisco, UNO, Denver still to come. They need to play poised, solid defense. That and hopefully an actual powerplay down the stretch might just give Husky fans reasons to cheer past the first round of the WCHA playoffs. I am hopeful and my fingers are crossed. Go Huskies!!!!
                            Nice Post. The power play really needs to step up especially agaisnt teams like Mankato, UNO and UND because those teams take ton of penalties. I am glad coach Motzko said on his radio show that they will be working on that and is a top priority. The team is peaking at the right time, but they still have a lot of work to do to get back into the NCAA mix.

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                              Nice Post. The power play really needs to step up especially agaisnt teams like Mankato, UNO and UND because those teams take ton of penalties. I am glad coach Motzko said on his radio show that they will be working on that and is a top priority. The team is peaking at the right time, but they still have a lot of work to do to get back into the NCAA mix.
                              Is Jutting still loved and respected? Was he separated at birth from the Dahlie Llama, or Jerry Springer?
                              I am the voice of reason

Comment

Is Jutting still loved and respected? Was he separated at birth from the Dahlie Llama, or Jerry Springer?
                                Does Jutting still sneak out back between periods and smoke heaters? Does Mankato have any fans left?

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

Working...
                                X