BU @ Maine 1/28-29: Weekend at TIMMAY's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BU @ Maine 1/28-29: Weekend at TIMMAY's

Might as well get this started. I'll be heading up for the weekend. Second visit to Alfond, but first time spending more than a few hours in the Orono/Bangor area. Anyone got some suggestions for places to eat and things to do on Saturday?
    Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Re: BU @ Maine 1/28-29: Weekend at TIMMAY's

Good thread title.
    Originally posted by reBlur
    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
      things to do on Saturday?
      Go back to Mass where you belong
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
        Go back to Mass where you belong
        Well that's just not hospitable at all.
        Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Pat's Pizza, Bear Brew, for breakfast Tim Horton's since you cannot get it in Mass or Governor's.

Comment

Wish one of these was GOTW on NESN. I think since CSTV started doing collee hockey they've broadcast more games from Alfond than NESN. Seems that way anyways.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
            43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
            104-47-14 (.669) in that time
            3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Maine NEED's Wins...period.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                NEED's Wins
                Whose wins?

Look out for this Flynn kid; he's on a roll. That's BU's best bet and only chance.
                Me: ...but why would anyone want to vacation here? There are better mountains in NH and VT, beaches in Cape Cod and RI, and colonial landmarks in Mass and CT.

Boss: You've got it all wrong. It's Vacationland because nobody would ever want to live here for more than a week.

Go MAINE! My sometimes home

Comment

Originally posted by Erix_The_Red View Post
                  Whose wins?

Look out for this Flynn kid; he's on a roll. That's BU's best bet and only chance.
                  Yes, Flynn is on a roll. Hockey East Player of the Week last week for the 3rd time this year. Another player who is coming on strong in the last few games is Tanner House. Two goals against NU last night.

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                    Might as well get this started. I'll be heading up for the weekend. Second visit to Alfond, but first time spending more than a few hours in the Orono/Bangor area. Anyone got some suggestions for places to eat and things to do on Saturday?
                    For any meal, I would definately recommend Dysart's right off of I-95 exit 180. Open 24/7
                    It may be 10 below, Under 5 feet of snow,
                    But no matter where we go, WE ALL LOVE ORONO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mainetwentytwelve View Post
                      For any meal, I would definately recommend Dysart's right off of I-95 exit 180. Open 24/7
                      NO! Don't do it.

Comment

Yes, Dysarts is a good choice for good meals at an affordable price. If you would like something more upscale for an evening meal and bit pricier, try Woodman's Grill in Orono. Middle of town next to Circle K store. Pat's also a good spot for breakfasts at a good price.

Comment

Dennys at the mall
                          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Hollywood Slots has a very good buffet and is reasonable in price

Comment

I think more details are required. I mean if we're talking just a single guy with no family to drag around, he might want to just hit up Woodman's for some beer and good food. Or maybe some Verve burritos for lunch.
                              Me: ...but why would anyone want to vacation here? There are better mountains in NH and VT, beaches in Cape Cod and RI, and colonial landmarks in Mass and CT.

Boss: You've got it all wrong. It's Vacationland because nobody would ever want to live here for more than a week.

Go MAINE! My sometimes home

Comment

Working...
                              X