BU @ Maine 1/28-29: Weekend at TIMMAY's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BU @ Maine 1/28-29: Weekend at TIMMAY's

So it turns out I might be "upcountry" on Friday for work... so I'm thinking it makes sense for me to pull off in Orono on the way home to try to catch the game... i'm sure it's sold out, but is it usually easy enough to pick up a ticket out front before the game?

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
      So it turns out I might be "upcountry" on Friday for work... so I'm thinking it makes sense for me to pull off in Orono on the way home to try to catch the game... i'm sure it's sold out, but is it usually easy enough to pick up a ticket out front before the game?
      you have to go north of orono for work? sounds like you need a new job
      time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by UML View Post
        Pat's in Orono is the best pizza parlor I think I've ever been to.
        and possibly the dirtiest. I'm still a fan though.

Paddy Murphies (Irish Pub) downtown bangor is good for food and drinks; I think the bar came from Ireland, and the benches at all the booths are old church pews. There are a few other bars around West Market Square, so it is at the center of the Bangor "night life" (ha ha). Hollywood Slots has live entertainment Friday and Saturday nights, but I'm not a huge fan of the place.

http://www.paddymurphysbangor.com/

I'm a fan of Verve in Orono for lunch.

Bagel Central Downtown Bangor for Breakfast.
        Last edited by BassAle; 01-27-2011, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
          you have to go north of orono for work? sounds like you need a new job
          There's work north of Orono?

heck, there's anything north of Orono?
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by MaineMan View Post
            Breakfast: Johnny's (old town)

Lunch: Verve (orono)

Dinner: Margaritas (orono)

Drinks: Woodman's

You won't be sorry. Unless you don't like Mexican, then go to Woodmans instead of Margs for dinner.
            are you keeping the hidden jewels secret?
            Breakfast-- Dysart's
            Lunch-- Breakfast menu at Dysart's
            Supper--Breakfast menu at Dysart's

and if you wanna eat with the boys who are not minions of Satan, then there is a stone structure on rte 2 in Veazie, not sure if it even HAS a name, but it has very good breakfast. Just drive away from Orono and look for a place that looks just like a breakfast place in Veazie on the right, (before Bangor).

Comment

Three pages and not one post about hockey. Too funny.
              It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                BU sucks! Maine rules! You're going down you pinko, commie S.O.B.s! The Alfond will be so loud it'll interrupt ol' Jackie boy's pacemaker. The Bears will be on you rat-dogs like a Maine-ah on his cousin.
                Me: ...but why would anyone want to vacation here? There are better mountains in NH and VT, beaches in Cape Cod and RI, and colonial landmarks in Mass and CT.

Boss: You've got it all wrong. It's Vacationland because nobody would ever want to live here for more than a week.

Go MAINE! My sometimes home

Comment

Originally posted by Erix_The_Red View Post
                  BU sucks! Maine rules! You're going down you pinko, commie S.O.B.s! The Alfond will be so loud it'll interrupt ol' Jackie boy's pacemaker. The Bears will be on you rat-dogs like a Maine-ah on his cousin.
                  Aaand apparently Jackie's a ******-nozzle too. Andrew Glass responds to dismissal
                  Me: ...but why would anyone want to vacation here? There are better mountains in NH and VT, beaches in Cape Cod and RI, and colonial landmarks in Mass and CT.

Boss: You've got it all wrong. It's Vacationland because nobody would ever want to live here for more than a week.

Go MAINE! My sometimes home

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                    A sign of the times........

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
                      are you keeping the hidden jewels secret?
                      Breakfast-- Dysart's
                      Lunch-- Breakfast menu at Dysart's
                      Supper--Breakfast menu at Dysart's

and if you wanna eat with the boys who are not minions of Satan, then there is a stone structure on rte 2 in Veazie, not sure if it even HAS a name, but it has very good breakfast. Just drive away from Orono and look for a place that looks just like a breakfast place in Veazie on the right, (before Bangor).
                      In Veazie it is the ":Stone House Cafe". Not sure i agree it is that good. Outer Hammond street has a great place for breakfast,just before the sports arena on the right. It is now the Chase Family Restaurant. Has a really good family type menu.

Comment

Aaand apparently Jackie's a ******-nozzle too. Andrew Glass responds to dismissal
                        What an unfortunate situation to hear about. I see that Andrew was at one point selected by Washington. I might be jumping to conclusions, but it looks like Jack had a player who was brought in to BU with higher hopes offensively and he wasn't meeting those expectations. Making room for next year's freshmen perhaps? Either way, unfortunately unprofessional.

Comment

Aaand apparently Jackie's a ******-nozzle too.
                          Now there's some breaking news.
                          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Does the kid get his scholarship next year or does jackie pull it?
                            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                              Does the kid get his scholarship next year or does jackie pull it?
                              He's taking classes over the summer to graduate early and will keep his scholarship until then.
                              Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Are there any people out there that actually care that this a huge series for both teams? Glad to see people posting the next edition of Orono, Maine best places to eat cookbook tho.

Comment

Working...
                                X