Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

Was waiting for someone to start the thread to chime in on tonight's game, but oh well! Very well played first two periods for RPI, third period not so much. Final score was fine by me. A much better effort overall but we still need to find the killer instinct and put teams away decisively after taking a nice lead. Nice to see us chase Mello after the second period. Fans were on him bad too.

First ECAC weekend sweep of the season for the guys and it comes at the right time with Brown and Yale coming to town next weekend. Should be a real test and another tough Freakout.
    APBWiki

Re: RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

It was nice to see Mike Adessa and his Hockey team at HFH. One of the players said they were at the Union game yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Go Puckman View Post
      It was nice to see Mike Adessa and his Hockey team at HFH. One of the players said they were at the Union game yesterday.
      thanks for ID'ing that, I was wondering where all the players were from. Early prediction for ECAC POW, Chase?...3 goals 4 pts. With his 2 assists against Dart., Helfrich is now 10 pts. from 100 for career
      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Ok, I'll chime in on what I thought of the game. I thought the refs did a great job, the two penalties that I thought were questionable for RPI were the one behind the DC net (Burgdoerfer?)'s trip, and a holding the stick call on Brutlag, but to be fair, I didn't really have a good look at either one. I thought this game was over from the first goal RPI scored, they just had that unbeatable look about them. They thoroughly outplayed DC, save for the last four minutes of the first. Especially in the second, they made DC look like a Pee Wee team. In the third, although DC spent the majority of time in the RPI zone, I never got the feeling that a big collapse was going to occur. RPI looked thoroughly in control, defensively. The goal that was given up was one of those goals where nothing could be done. Save for putting a dman on the forward, the puck bounced off the endboard right to the DC forward, and was perfectly placed on the stick. Combine that with York being out of position after having made the initial save, I would have been shocked if the puck didn't go in. I was however, very impressed by the play of Koudys on the blueline. Very well played game by RPI. If they can dismantle a good team like Dartmouth, (twice) there's no reason why this team can't make noise in the ECAC playoffs and beyond.
        Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
          Ok, I'll chime in on what I thought of the game. I thought the refs did a great job, the two penalties that I thought were questionable for RPI were the one behind the DC net (Burgdoerfer?)'s trip, and a holding the stick call on Brutlag, but to be fair, I didn't really have a good look at either one. I thought this game was over from the first goal RPI scored, they just had that unbeatable look about them. They thoroughly outplayed DC, save for the last four minutes of the first. Especially in the second, they made DC look like a Pee Wee team. In the third, although DC spent the majority of time in the RPI zone, I never got the feeling that a big collapse was going to occur. RPI looked thoroughly in control, defensively. The goal that was given up was one of those goals where nothing could be done. Save for putting a dman on the forward, the puck bounced off the endboard right to the DC forward, and was perfectly placed on the stick. Combine that with York being out of position after having made the initial save, I would have been shocked if the puck didn't go in. I was however, very impressed by the play of Koudys on the blueline. Very well played game by RPI. If they can dismantle a good team like Dartmouth, (twice) there's no reason why this team can't make noise in the ECAC playoffs and beyond.
          ditto Koudys was good Dolan was solid also as was the whole d. Penalty on Brutlag was a good call but burgie no so much. Rpi really dominated the second and Dart couldn't for the end of the period pkwas great Rogic will learn will learn to harness that speed He zipped around a dart d only to be tackled no call. it was funny the person next to said the same thing he wqas tackled. Polacek was outstanding he score on a one timer was classic and his cross ice pass to higgs set up the open net for the score. didn't care for dart players hitting RPI from the bench lost their cool in the third when it was over

Comment

Originally posted by Havasu M View Post
            ditto Koudys was good Dolan was solid also as was the whole d. Penalty on Brutlag was a good call but burgie no so much. Rpi really dominated the second and Dart couldn't for the end of the period pkwas great Rogic will learn will learn to harness that speed He zipped around a dart d only to be tackled no call. it was funny the person next to said the same thing he wqas tackled. Polacek was outstanding he score on a one timer was classic and his cross ice pass to higgs set up the open net for the score. didn't care for dart players hitting RPI from the bench lost their cool in the third when it was over
            Does nayone have word on how long Kennedymightbe out?

Comment

Old thread link
              http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...rnet-Bandwidth
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Jasma View Post
                Does nayone have word on how long Kennedymightbe out?
                With the defense playing as well as it has with him out-it does not seem to matter. We have played our best defensive games against the best offensive teams-BU and DC with our freshmen in the line up. I would not mind seeing the same line ups we played this weekend as the team would put on the ice next weekend. I am sure many will disagree but that is just my two cents.
                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by Go Puckman View Post
                  So they saw DC beat Union and the 'Tute beating DC. They should be able to figure out which is the better team in the Capital District.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Posted this last night, but in the wrong thread completely. I guess I'm not so good forum-ing on my phone.

Quality win last night - that was the best we've played in a while. Truly a complete game effort.

While Mello was a bit of a sieve tonight against RPI, I have to give him credit for his disposition. When the First Church & friends were 'welcoming' him to our end of the rink at the start of the second, he looked right at us. We waved to him, naturally, and he simply nodded to us. I have to say that's the first time a goalie has acknowledged us during taunts. Given that he then proceeded to give up 3 goals that period, I can't say he feeds off the taunts to play better...
                    Proud founder of the First Church of RPI Hockey

Comment

RPI jumps all the way up to a tie for 7th in the current pairwise rankings.

http://www.uscho.com/rankings/pairwi...kings/d-i-men/

Just imagine what a couple wins next weekend against a TUC (Brown) and the #1 team in the country will do. Go Red!

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
                        RPI jumps all the way up to a tie for 7th in the current pairwise rankings.

http://www.uscho.com/rankings/pairwi...kings/d-i-men/

Just imagine what a couple wins next weekend against a TUC (Brown) and the #1 team in the country will do. Go Red!
                        8 of 12 ECAC schools are now TUCs. Not bad for the EZAC.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Great second game. I think it was great to see our players back into their good habits, and just play normal RPI hockey.

We have a lot of work coming up this week, what with Brown and the #1 team coming into our barn.

Comment

it was quite funny to see Mello looking up to the "welcome" at the start of the 2nd. Perhaps visiting goalies feel, "at least in the 2nd period I don't have to listen to the fans". Would love to have that reception continue (I sit right behind you)....."skate,skate,,,,turnnnnnnnn. And of course, the Blackhole chant.
                            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                              it was quite funny to see Mello looking up to the "welcome" at the start of the 2nd. Perhaps visiting goalies feel, "at least in the 2nd period I don't have to listen to the fans". Would love to have that reception continue (I sit right behind you)....."skate,skate,,,,turnnnnnnnn. And of course, the Blackhole chant.
                              We try and heckle in the 2nd each night - it is one of the few perks to sitting in Section 17. The team helped us out greatly with it, scoring 3 goals. It doesn't tend to be as fun to heckle when nothing is going on in that zone in that period...
                              Proud founder of the First Church of RPI Hockey

Comment

Working...
                              X