Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

Some more press about RPI's games this weekend in the New England Hockey Journal

http://www.hockeyjournal.com/news/20...nal_crunch.php

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
      Just a random thought....

RPI lost two of its top underclassmen forwards early to the NHL this summer, and yet here we see that Seth has them tied for 7th in the PWR at the end of January. Kinda makes me wonder where RPI would be if Pirri and D"Amigo had stuck around. This might be the best piece of coaching in the ECAC this year,including what Allain is doing at Yale.

I knew Seth would be a good coach, but I think the best is still ahead for RPI...
      Absolutely. We did have the "summer from hell" as we termed it at WaP, but just consider what this team had the potential to look like this season. Take the base (the team as it is now) and add the players we'd expected but didn't get - a sophomore season from Pirri and D'Amigo, and a freshman class that included Jacob Laliberte and Nick Quinn.

Imagine a top power play line of Pirri, D'Amigo, Polacek, Laliberte, and Bailen. Yeah.

But rather than lament what could have been, recall just how close we were to it, and realize that now, anything is possible.
      Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

I know I'm going to get blasted by almost everyone on this thread, but I'm still going to say it:

Yes, people are lamenting about what could have been if Pirri and D'Amigo were still here, but I think there is a possibility we would not be a top 10 team right now if they were still here. I am happy with where our team is now, and who they presently are. We're seeing players like Tyler Helfrich and Alex Angers-Goulet really stepping up to their potential, and we may not have seen that had Pirri and D'Amigo still been here. The same goes for some of our more performing freshmen, like Brock Higgs and Johnny Rogic. Plus, remember that Brandon Pirri was in the box a lot. I realize that a number of these penalties were due to aggressive play, and that's going to happen with anyone. Yes, he would have had another year of maturity, but who knows what would have happened.

Of course, Brandon and Jerry will always be part of the RPI family. However, the team, as we have them now, are doing spectacular. I'm happy with who we are, not sad about who we are not.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          I know I'm going to get blasted by almost everyone on this thread, but I'm still going to say it:

Yes, people are lamenting about what could have been if Pirri and D'Amigo were still here, but I think there is a possibility we would not be a top 10 team right now if they were still here. I am happy with where our team is now, and who they presently are. We're seeing players like Tyler Helfrich and Alex Angers-Goulet really stepping up to their potential, and we may not have seen that had Pirri and D'Amigo still been here. The same goes for some of our more performing freshmen, like Brock Higgs and Johnny Rogic. Plus, remember that Brandon Pirri was in the box a lot. I realize that a number of these penalties were due to aggressive play, and that's going to happen with anyone. Yes, he would have had another year of maturity, but who knows what would have happened.

Of course, Brandon and Jerry will always be part of the RPI family. However, the team, as we have them now, are doing spectacular. I'm happy with who we are, not sad about who we are not.
          I believe you did not pick up on the point that I was making, FlagDUDE.
          Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by realet View Post
            I believe you did not pick up on the point that I was making, FlagDUDE.
            I did read and comprehend what you wrote, realet. However, I will mention on the side that I had these notions before you had posted what you had posted on here; I'd say for about a week or two now. It was not meant to be a direct response to what you wrote, hence why I did not quote you.

Comment

I sort of said something similar earlier on the thread when I questioned what sort of chemistry we would have had if everyone had stayed. I can't help but think we would be even better-but your point is very valid. Hockey is truly a team sport with 4 offensive lines and 3 defensive pairs and a goalie all contributing. This year is unfolding rather well and i just hope we keep this going.
              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                I sort of said something similar earlier on the thread when I questioned what sort of chemistry we would have had if everyone had stayed. I can't help but think we would be even better-but your point is very valid. Hockey is truly a team sport with 4 offensive lines and 3 defensive pairs and a goalie all contributing. This year is unfolding rather well and i just hope we keep this going.
                Amen
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

From game notes:
                  ON THE WEEKEND: RPI has played 10 games on Friday nights, posting a 4-5-1 record ... The Engineers are 9-1-2 on Saturdays
                  Looks good for Freakout then!
                  Watch many of the RPI hockey games on our website, rpitv.org

Comment

Originally posted by mackek2 View Post
                    From game notes:

Looks good for Freakout then!
                    Yeah, and on the roulette tables in Atlantic City, if you see 10 red's in a row on the history board, black looks good...

Gotta take it one game at a time. We have Brown first. We'll worry about Freakout once that game is done.

Comment

Yeah, and on the roulette tables in Atlantic City, if you see 10 red's in a row on the history board, black looks good...

Gotta take it one game at a time. We have Brown first. We'll worry about Freakout once that game is done.
                      That's a thought for another thread title

RPI 2010-2011 V: Bet on Red in Atlantic City

(Of course, that wouldn't only refer to RPI. )
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Disagree with you there. One relationship may have a cause and effect... such as poor play on Friday leads to extra effort on Saturday. The other is governed by chance alone. And BTW... if it's a fair wheel then black looks no better than red no matter how many times in a row red comes up.

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
                          Disagree with you there. One relationship may have a cause and effect... such as poor play on Friday leads to extra effort on Saturday. The other is governed by chance alone. And BTW... if it's a fair wheel then black looks no better than red no matter how many times in a row red comes up.
                          But it sure is tempting to bet on black after red comes up 10 times in a row! Even knowing the odds-you still get that little voice telling you....
                          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Ken Schott releases the RPI release of next year's schedule.

ETA: PDF with schedule included.

PS. It's missing the Bentley game and Lake Placid.
                            Last edited by burgie12; 01-28-2011, 01:05 PM.
                            Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

A little Engineer Bracketology extra for you all... a contest of sorts. If anyone can explain why the result of last night's Ferris State/Michigan State game moved the Engineers past Wisconsin into 7th place by themselves in the PairWise in the next 10 minutes, I have two free tickets to tonight's game for you.

EDIT: Oh, what the heck. I'll extend the deadline to 2:40 pm ET.
                              Last edited by realet; 01-28-2011, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by realet View Post
                                A little Engineer Bracketology extra for you all... a contest of sorts. If anyone can explain why the result of last night's Ferris State/Michigan State game moved the Engineers past Wisconsin into 7th place by themselves in the PairWise in the next 10 minutes, I have two free tickets to tonight's game for you.

EDIT: Oh, what the heck. I'll extend the deadline to 2:40 pm ET.
                                Ferris State became a TUC and it flipped our comparison with Western?
                                Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Working...
                                X