Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

Ken Schott's blog: JFK is 50-50 for this weekend according to SA. http://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...hance-of-play/
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      Ken Schott's blog: JFK is 50-50 for this weekend according to SA. http://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...hance-of-play/
      Or 95 percent, if you ask the man himself, which Weaver did yesterday: http://recordhockey.blogspot.com/201...ay-friday.html
      Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        But there were still two linesmen, weren't there?
        The box score for RPI's Friday game lists Hicks and Shufelt as the referees and Allen and Taggart as the linesmen.

For RPI's Saturday game, Kotyra and Feola were the referees and Shufelt and Allen were the linesmen.

Hicks spent Saturday night in Ithaca, where he and Ritchie were the referees for the Colgate-Cornell game. I'm not familiar with Ritchie. Is he normally a referee, or did the ECAC assign Hicks, for two nights in a row, to work with a linesman in training to be a referee?

Comment

Someone deserves a pat on the back for those highlights on the scoreboard and great music leading up to the team going on the ice. It is great. I love the 85 replays esp Hammond & Servinis scoring and all the others thanks. I thought Rabbani played relly well last weekend better skating puck handling in on harvard goal and great pass to AAG for his goal. For my money Burgdoerfer should be playing every game better skater puck handler over tinordi smith et al. even with a couple and penalties and one bad call he has much more upside. jmo

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
            The box score for RPI's Friday game lists Hicks and Shufelt as the referees and Allen and Taggart as the linesmen.

For RPI's Saturday game, Kotyra and Feola were the referees and Shufelt and Allen were the linesmen.

Hicks spent Saturday night in Ithaca, where he and Ritchie were the referees for the Colgate-Cornell game. I'm not familiar with Ritchie. Is he normally a referee, or did the ECAC assign Hicks, for two nights in a row, to work with a linesman in training to be a referee?
            Ritchie is normally a referee.

Comment

Just a random thought....

RPI lost two of its top underclassmen forwards early to the NHL this summer, and yet here we see that Seth has them tied for 7th in the PWR at the end of January. Kinda makes me wonder where RPI would be if Pirri and D"Amigo had stuck around. This might be the best piece of coaching in the ECAC this year,including what Allain is doing at Yale.

I knew Seth would be a good coach, but I think the best is still ahead for RPI...

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post

RPI lost two of its top underclassmen forwards early to the NHL this summer, and yet here we see that Seth has them tied for 7th in the PWR at the end of January. Kinda makes me wonder where RPI would be if Pirri and D"Amigo had stuck around. This might be the best piece of coaching in the ECAC this year,including what Allain is doing at Yale.

I knew Seth would be a good coach, but I think the best is still ahead for RPI...
                It makes me wonder too how the 'Tute would ahve done with D'Amigo and Pirri. It would be nice to see SA win the ECAC CotY award, an award that has never been won by an RPI coach.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post

Wasn't it Coach Appert that said your upperclassmen win you games? Brandon and Jerry left because they saw an opportunity they felt worked for them. Chase Polacek and the rest of the upperclassmen worked their tails off this off season to get better and the results are being shown right now.
                  Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                    Wasn't it Coach Appert that said your upperclassmen win you games? Brandon and Jerry left because they saw an opportunity they felt worked for them. Chase Polacek and the rest of the upperclassmen worked their tails off this off season to get better and the results are being shown right now.
                    Interesting quote from SA. I think he's right to an extent, in that you need seniors to lead and use experience to win, but it seems as if a lot of talent in top programs is now young talent. For Denver, the 2004 title team was dominated by a dedicated senior class (Guys like Ryan Caldwell, Connor James, Max Bull, Greg Keith, and Adam Berkhoel), but the 2005 title team was dominated by talented underclassmen (Stastny, Carle, Mannino). I look at Denver's top players this year and it's a sophomore (Drew Shore) and two freshmen (Jason Zucker and Sam Brittian) leading the way. I think you probably need both these days....

Comment

Kudos to coaches Appert and Leaman and our CD teams for supporting a great cause and continuing their good works for our community. No losers in this competition. http://unionathletics.com/news/2011/...126110004.aspx

Comment

anyone have a lead to the giveaway gift
                        I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
                          I will in 2 days and 8 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
                            You ask this every year and no one ever finds out until the game. One would expect this to have sunk in by now.
                            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                              You ask this every year and no one ever finds out until the game. One would expect this to have sunk in by now.
                              Fourth grade Language Arts classes didn't sink in for rvd. You really expect this to sink in as well?!

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                Fourth grade Language Arts classes didn't sink in for rvd. You really expect this to sink in as well?!
                                My bad.
                                Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Working...
                                X