Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Just to add a bit. As you wrote, originally everyone could play whomever they wanted to. Seedings for the playoffs were decided in a smoke-filled room. This, of course, produced a lot of dissension with schools and fans thinking that they were screwed. So eventually, specific scheduling requirements were started.
    Chase inch player of the week
    I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Re: RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

Week three of Engineer Bracketology is up at Without a Peer. This week features a look at the different methods of breaking ties in the PWR and trying to take a guess at what the whims of the committee are.
      Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by realet View Post
        Week three of Engineer Bracketology is up at Without a Peer. This week features a look at the different methods of breaking ties in the PWR and trying to take a guess at what the whims of the committee are.
        I'll take a drive to ct instead of flight to gb or stl
        I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Chase Polacek was named ECAC PoTW and Allen York GoTW http://www.rpiathletics.com/news/201...125115432.aspx.
          Last edited by Ralph Baer; 01-25-2011, 11:26 AM.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by realet View Post
            The permutations have me spinning. It is clearer to me for some reason when heavily medicated. But the column is a great help. Thanks WaP!!
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
              Who the hell stated the "overrated" chant on Saturday? That was right up there with booing D'Amigo in the "world's dumbest moves" list. We're ranked higher than them. They're SUPPOSED to lose to us.
              Numb-skulls be everywhere.

As far as Bryan Hicks goes, I think we've found this generations answer to Noeth.
              R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                Numb-skulls be everywhere.

As far as Bryan Hicks goes, I think we've found this generations answer to Noeth.
                I never thought anyone could reach the Noeth level. Hicks has gotten there fast.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                  I never thought anyone could reach the Noeth level. Hicks has gotten there fast.
                  I don't think that he is there yet. Hicks is bad, but not as consistantly bad as Noeth. Noeth was visible for the entire game. Hicks seems to pick his spots.
                  I really don't like either one of them.
                  Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                  Benjamin Franklin
                  The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                  Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                    I don't think that he is there yet. Hicks is bad, but not as consistantly bad as Noeth. Noeth was visible for the entire game. Hicks seems to pick his spots.
                    When we were fixtures in section 6-Jenny used to start the chant-Noeth Knoweth Nothing!! he was despised. I could tolerate most of the guys-they usually tried to do a good job. Noeth and Pierre Belanger were my most hated.

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                      Hicks' spots seem to be "any game involving RPI." What was most shocking about his assignment on Friday is that they teamed him up with a guy who is usually a linesman in Shufelt. Leaving Hicks out there as the lead guy is a really head-scratching choice.
                      R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                        Hicks' spots seem to be "any game involving RPI." What was most shocking about his assignment on Friday is that they teamed him up with a guy who is usually a linesman in Shufelt. Leaving Hicks out there as the lead guy is a really head-scratching choice.
                        Perhaps, since the head referees have not been to the appreciative caliber that Mr. Stewart was hoping, the linesmen were given a chance under the immediate supervision of a head referee. Maybe this was just an unfortunate circumstance of the ref that was supervising.

I'm not sure if he's decided to retire, but I think for at least one game, Mr. Stewart should don the stripes and preach by example.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          I'm not sure if he's decided to retire, but I think for at least one game, Mr. Stewart should don the stripes and preach by example.
                          You don't just "don the stripes." Referees have to train and be in good physical condition.
                          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                            You don't just "don the stripes." Referees have to train and be in good physical condition.
                            You are correct. I don't know when the last time was that Mr. Stewart reffed a game, nor his current physical condition.

Comment

In the past years when there was one ref and two linesmen-they usually worked as a team that travelled to each game. If the ref took ill or had some other problem, one of the linesmen would be moved up to the position as ref. Perhaps whoever was to ref with Hicks was not 100% and they moved a linesman up to the second ref position? Just a guess on my part.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                                In the past years when there was one ref and two linesmen-they usually worked as a team that travelled to each game. If the ref took ill or had some other problem, one of the linesmen would be moved up to the position as ref. Perhaps whoever was to ref with Hicks was not 100% and they moved a linesman up to the second ref position? Just a guess on my part.
                                But there were still two linesmen, weren't there?
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X