Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
    And what exactly is that affecting? RPI's inability to score ont he powerplay? Put forth a wholly-lame effort against the 12th place team in the EZAC? Please help clarify.
    Bedwetter
    What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
      I get up every morning and go to work and put in 8 or more hours where I cannot access this wonderful board.
      You can install a program called panic button your boss will never catch you
      Last edited by troyboy; 02-14-2011, 10:18 PM.
      What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Colgate game was a train wreck. The engineers lost to a team that may be finding themselves while they looked to Cornell.

Before the Cornell game SA told Sinkoff that the way they were going to beat Cornell was with speed. They had to get the puck behind them (Cornell D) and then use their speed to create offense. So what did the players do? They carried the puck through the neutral zone. The forwards got stripped and stood up. They were forced to the outside where they were out muscled. It seemed the only time they crossed the red line and dumped it was when they were looking for a change.

Seth started a fight (with the refs) he can't win. The little holds, and baby hooks that Cornell uses in the neutal zone, won't get called when they play RPI.

Comment

Now that there is a temporary lull in the officiating butthurt...

One thing I noticed this past weekend is that our power play went back to a 4-1 setup. During most of January, it looked like we just rolled out the next line (3-2) and played as per our normal, and it seemed successful. Granted we didn't give up any shorties, so I'm not speaking from a standpoint of being able to defend. Some of our defensemen really have a good shot and should get an opportunity to take it more often, like Bo Dolan or Pat Koudys. Maybe have Jeff Foss in there as well; Nick Bailen shouldn't be the only D-man out there. I wonder if Coach Graham will try going back to the 3-2 on the power play in practice and see if we're a bit more successful when we get to next weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by home866 View Post
            I was so invigorated by the fact that all ECAC officials must try to screw RPI out of points
            Fact?
            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

We have been complaining about the referees since I started following RPI hockey. And I have been right there with you. And up until this year, I too thought that there was some kind of bias. However, after the Union game when the referees handed us an overtime win putting Union down two men. I kind of backed off the bias thing. Also, the referees handed us a five minute major at the end of th regulation on Saturday. We could do nothing with that.
              True, Stewart doesn't seem to like the Engineers in general and Appert in particular. But I don't think that there is a bias against us on the ice. Just poor officiating in every game in the ECAC.
              We were awful on the PP this weekend. We had our chances and we could not convert. Three goals in two games will not beat many teams.
              I think that our biggest problem this weekend was the absence of Mike Bergin. He evidently means a whole lot more to this team than I have given him credit for.
              Come back to us Mike, we need you.
              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
              Benjamin Franklin
              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
              Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                Now that there is a temporary lull in the officiating butthurt...

One thing I noticed this past weekend is that our power play went back to a 4-1 setup. During most of January, it looked like we just rolled out the next line (3-2) and played as per our normal, and it seemed successful. Granted we didn't give up any shorties, so I'm not speaking from a standpoint of being able to defend. Some of our defensemen really have a good shot and should get an opportunity to take it more often, like Bo Dolan or Pat Koudys. Maybe have Jeff Foss in there as well; Nick Bailen shouldn't be the only D-man out there. I wonder if Coach Graham will try going back to the 3-2 on the power play in practice and see if we're a bit more successful when we get to next weekend.
                I hope to see Pat Koudys on the PP more. It is just not the shot that matters but crisp passing that gets the opposing team scrambling. Pat is a very good passer.
                "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                  I hope to see Pat Koudys on the PP more. It is just not the shot that matters but crisp passing that gets the opposing team scrambling. Pat is a very good passer.
                  You're absolutely correct about moving the puck side to side. There were a number of times where there were golden opportunities from this motion, and we just couldn't get the puck on the tape. Puck luck? Perhaps. However, when you play against tight box defenses that aren't allowing anything inside, you don't have too much of a choice but to chuck it from the cheap seats. During the Colgate game, there were a number of blocked shots on our PP, and maybe they were expecting us to chuck it from the cheap seats, and that's where we need the quick perimeter movement to get a chance inside.

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                    I suspect that we will see more of him in that role in future years. He did that quite well last year in Burligton especially when Luke Juha was out.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Happy Tuesday. Time for another exciting episode of Engineer Bracketology at WaP. This week, we try to illustrate exactly why losing to a 4-22-2 team is better than losing to an 11-10-3 team. Doesn't make sense, does it? Well, it does when it comes to Bracketology.
                      Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by home866 View Post
                        I was so invigorated by the fact that all ECAC officials must try to screw RPI out of points I ran some numbers about RPI's record over the past three years and here are the results. Note that Point % = % of points earned divided by number of games*2. This is so that ties factor in the equation.

Referee - W - L - T - Total Games - Win% - Point %
                        Baker - 3 - 7 - 0 - 10 - 30% - 30%
                        Barnard - 0 - 0 - 1 - 1 - 0% - 50%
                        Carusone - 4 - 4 - 3 - 11 - 36% - 50%
                        Dell - 6 - 3 - 1 - 10 - 60% - 65%
                        Dumas - 2 - 2 - 0 - 4 - 50% - 50%
                        Durfee - 2 - 0 - 0 - 2 – 100% - 100%
                        Ernst - 4 - 1 - 1 - 6 - 66% - 75%
                        Feola - 5 - 8 - 1 - 14 - 35% - 39%
                        Gates - 1 - 0 - 0 - 1 – 100% – 100%
                        Gilbert - 0 - 1 - 0 - 1 – 0% - 0%
                        Graber - 1 - 1 - 1 - 3 - 33% - 50%
                        Hicks - 5 - 4 - 2 - 11 - 45% - 54%
                        Kotyra - 6 - 7 - 1 - 14 - 42% - 46%
                        Leonard - 1 - 1 - 1 - 3 - 33% - 50%
                        Litterio - 3 - 3 - 1 - 7 - 42% - 50%
                        McDonald - 6 - 6 - 1 - 13 - 46% - 50%
                        Millea - 0 - 3 - 0 - 3 – 0% - 0%
                        D. Murphy - 1 - 2 - 0 - 3 - 33% - 33%
                        J. Murphy - 6 - 7 - 1 - 14 - 42% - 46%
                        O'Brien - 6 - 5 - 2 - 13 - 46% - 53%
                        Riegert - 1 - 0 - 0 - 1 – 100% - 100%
                        Ritchie - 4 - 5 - 0 - 9 - 44% - 44%
                        Roy - 1 - 1 - 0 - 2 - 50% - 50%
                        Shufelt - 1 - 0 - 0 - 1 – 100% - 100%
                        St. Lawrence - 4 - 5 - 0 - 9 - 44% - 44%
                        Torgerson - 0 - 2 - 0 - 2 – 0% - 0%
                        Wahl - 6 - 3 - 0 - 9 - 66% - 66%
                        Whittemore - 3 - 3 - 1 - 7 - 42% - 50%
                        Zelasko - 2 - 2 - 0 - 4 - 50% - 50%

Source: collegehockeystats.net schedule/results and the officials listed in each game.
                        This discussion on officials has been a little over the top from the beginning, but this leaves me speechless.

Comment

There were 111 posts in this thread yesterday. Doesn't quite top the posts we were seeing when Pirri and D'Amigo bolted, but still... I'm shocked.

Comment

There were 111 posts in this thread yesterday. Doesn't quite top the posts we were seeing when Pirri and D'Amigo bolted, but still... I'm shocked.
                            Just about time top think up a new thread title.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              Just about time top think up a new thread title.
                              We already wasted part 2's title on ref butthurt... perhaps it's time for the gambling topics?

Comment

We already wasted part 2's title on ref butthurt...
                                I don't think that word means what you think it means.
                                Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Working...
                                X