Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

what cheers do you want to hear then next home games let us know

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
    I don't think we need to be "matching" anyone.

This apparently will be started by someone other than yourself, I presume?

You aren't listening carefully enough.

Yes, the refs, apparently, are beyond reproach. Anyone who believes otherwise is obviously crazy.
    I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
      From Ed's article:

"Some website posters suggest an investigation should be undertaken and that Stewart should be suspended -- some suggest even fired -- if he said what's alleged."

At least Ken uses my name. C'mon Ed stop using my stuff without crediting me.
      Look on the bright side you have gotten more press this season than Coupal and Beauregard who are both actually on the team.
      Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        Unfortunately (at least according to Mr. Schott's weekly article), Mr. Klump did experience a repercussion for the article, but I will still tip my hat for bringing this (the editorial) to the attention of the college hockey community.
        I wonder if Mr. Klump was looking for a way out of CHN and this landed in his lap.
        Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Well, it's good to see about 8 pages on how the refs are 'out to get RPI' etc. etc., and not focusing on how the boys blew a weekend to get a full 0 out of 4 points. The refs aren't the problem, just a convenient excuse here. ECAC refs have sucked for 30 years, and will do so for another 30. Mike Addesa, Buddy Powers, etc. would steam, yell, bellow, criticize in print to the refs just like Seth. Blaming the refs is a distraction. The boys aren't good enough - they're getting there, but not yet.

Maybe we'll return to hockey talk sometime, hopefully soon.
          Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
            Well, it's good to see about 8 pages on how the refs are 'out to get RPI' etc. etc., and not focusing on how the boys blew a weekend to get a full 0 out of 4 points. The refs aren't the problem, just a convenient excuse here. ECAC refs have sucked for 30 years, and will do so for another 30. Mike Addesa, Buddy Powers, etc. would steam, yell, bellow, criticize in print to the refs just like Seth. Blaming the refs is a distraction. The boys aren't good enough - they're getting there, but not yet.

Maybe we'll return to hockey talk sometime, hopefully soon.
            If I may enter faith into the conversation...AMEN my brother AMEN

Comment

Mike Addesa, Buddy Powers, etc. would steam, yell, bellow, criticize in print to the refs just like Seth.
              The difference here SS is that the head of officials never publically critisized these coaches and publically articulated a bias against them.
              "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

You're right I get up every morning SS and FC and can't wait to read on the board your expert analysis. Take it away gentlemen.
                "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                  Look on the bright side you have gotten more press this season than Coupal and Beauregard who are both actually on the team.
                  Jealous?

Comment

The difference here SS is that the head of officials never publically critisized these coaches and publically articulated a bias against them.
                    And what exactly is that affecting? RPI's inability to score ont he powerplay? Put forth a wholly-lame effort against the 12th place team in the EZAC? Please help clarify.
                    Class of '93

Comment

And what exactly is that affecting? RPI's inability to score ont he powerplay? Put forth a wholly-lame effort against the 12th place team in the EZAC? Please help clarify.
                      Did you read SA comments about both games, he thought the effort was there. I think I'll go with his assessment instead of yours. If you don't think in the highly competitive ECAC that missed calls don't affect the outcome well ...

Comment

I was so invigorated by the fact that all ECAC officials must try to screw RPI out of points I ran some numbers about RPI's record over the past three years and here are the results. Note that Point % = % of points earned divided by number of games*2. This is so that ties factor in the equation.

Referee - W - L - T - Total Games - Win% - Point %
                        Baker - 3 - 7 - 0 - 10 - 30% - 30%
                        Barnard - 0 - 0 - 1 - 1 - 0% - 50%
                        Carusone - 4 - 4 - 3 - 11 - 36% - 50%
                        Dell - 6 - 3 - 1 - 10 - 60% - 65%
                        Dumas - 2 - 2 - 0 - 4 - 50% - 50%
                        Durfee - 2 - 0 - 0 - 2 – 100% - 100%
                        Ernst - 4 - 1 - 1 - 6 - 66% - 75%
                        Feola - 5 - 8 - 1 - 14 - 35% - 39%
                        Gates - 1 - 0 - 0 - 1 – 100% – 100%
                        Gilbert - 0 - 1 - 0 - 1 – 0% - 0%
                        Graber - 1 - 1 - 1 - 3 - 33% - 50%
                        Hicks - 5 - 4 - 2 - 11 - 45% - 54%
                        Kotyra - 6 - 7 - 1 - 14 - 42% - 46%
                        Leonard - 1 - 1 - 1 - 3 - 33% - 50%
                        Litterio - 3 - 3 - 1 - 7 - 42% - 50%
                        McDonald - 6 - 6 - 1 - 13 - 46% - 50%
                        Millea - 0 - 3 - 0 - 3 – 0% - 0%
                        D. Murphy - 1 - 2 - 0 - 3 - 33% - 33%
                        J. Murphy - 6 - 7 - 1 - 14 - 42% - 46%
                        O'Brien - 6 - 5 - 2 - 13 - 46% - 53%
                        Riegert - 1 - 0 - 0 - 1 – 100% - 100%
                        Ritchie - 4 - 5 - 0 - 9 - 44% - 44%
                        Roy - 1 - 1 - 0 - 2 - 50% - 50%
                        Shufelt - 1 - 0 - 0 - 1 – 100% - 100%
                        St. Lawrence - 4 - 5 - 0 - 9 - 44% - 44%
                        Torgerson - 0 - 2 - 0 - 2 – 0% - 0%
                        Wahl - 6 - 3 - 0 - 9 - 66% - 66%
                        Whittemore - 3 - 3 - 1 - 7 - 42% - 50%
                        Zelasko - 2 - 2 - 0 - 4 - 50% - 50%

Source: collegehockeystats.net schedule/results and the officials listed in each game.

Comment

Jealous?
                          Jealous of whining about refs in hopes of getting into a newspaper?...nah Im good. I was actually trying to give you props for making the local newspapers but you in some strange defensive mode have to assume Im putting you down...oh wait I think I just put you down there sorry. Continue the crusade my brother someone somewhere is listening and will make the changes and investigations you call for happen...

Comment

You're right I get up every morning SS and FC and can't wait to read on the board your expert analysis. Take it away gentlemen.
                            I get up every morning and go to work and put in 8 or more hours where I cannot access this wonderful board.

Comment

You realiaze that we can make a lot of this all just fade away by winning both games on the North Country trip coming up. We have done it 4 times in about 50+ years so perhaps we are due? Sorry for inserting hockey discussion here.
                              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Did you read SA comments about both games, he thought the effort was there. I think I'll go with his assessment instead of yours. If you don't think in the highly competitive ECAC that missed calls don't affect the outcome well ...
                                Wait, we're not talking about missed calls, we're talking about the grand conspiracy against RPI, aren't we? While you ponder that, I'll wait for your insight on how the refereeing affects RPI's PP performance, and why such a lackluster effort was put forth against Colgate.

I'd also like you to point me to the quote(s) where a bias was articulated.

Look forward to your detailed analyses.
                                Class of '93

Comment

Working...
                                X