Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
    I'm gonna put my turnout gear on for this post

Do you guys think that maybe the mob mentality at some of these games may be getting to the officials?

The chanting of an officials name for any seemingly bad call followed by "sucks", might be getting a little old and your team may be paying the price.

I am sure Appert's outspoken views have alot to do with it as well. I just don't think that publicly picking a fight with the league and the officials will help your team at this point in the season, it will most likely hurt.

I agree that Mr. Stewart's actions were unprofessional and he should be taken to task for his outburst. Unfortunately, I believe the ECAC will circle the wagons and RPI will be the ones on the outside shooting in.
    You make a valid point, though I think it is going too far to say that they take out their frustrations on the team becasue a couple of fans are disgustingly rude. Sporting events are places where fans can say and do things they would not do anywhere else and that is part of the point of sports. You can let out some frustrations and have some fun, even at the expense of others. There are lines, however, that should not be crossed. Throwing objects, even soft towels, at officials, coaches or players is not acceptable.

Even some of the cheers you hear around the league are not acceptable and not very creative, either. I'm no prude and have said some stupid and unacceptable things at sporting events over the years, but I think it is time that the schools start to exert some pressure to tone it down. Most of the crude, vulger and obscene remarks come from the student sections and could be curbed. A little bantering back and forth, as with the Cornell and RPI bands and students Saturday, is fine and fun.

The RPI fans in particular seem to have very little creativity beyond finding various ways to use the word suck, or sucks. The use of that word when the penalties are announced is pretty funny, and I believe unique to RPI. Keep that one. Directing that cheer at a particular official, with one possible exception , is not helpful and offensive to many people.

I would suggest that a group similar to the Red Army of a few seasons ago be developed and come up with some creative cheers to get the crowd involved. The band has tried with the cow bell, but it needs work to match UVM, or Wisconsin. charging around the Field House with the RPI flag is good too. The RPI crowd spends way to much time sitting on its hands many nights. The Colgate game Friday was a typical example. There needs to be some positive leadership and some more positive energy in the building. Get rid of some of the negativity.

Teams like BU, Wisconsin, Cornell and others have some stock sayings and cheers, mainly positive, that they use in every game. The RPI crowd could come up with some of those if they tried. Look at the great support and the great spirit exhibited by the RIT fans at the NCAA Regionals in Albany last year. It reminded me of the RPI fans of the 80's and 90's.

Raise the bar and let's funnel some of that energy towards supporting your team and complaining less about the refs.

Comment

Originally posted by Jasma View Post
      The RPI fans in particular seem to have very little creativity beyond finding various ways to use the word suck, or sucks. The use of that word when the penalties are announced is pretty funny, and I believe unique to RPI. Keep that one.
      Probably the only thing I like about going to HFH. I laugh pretty much every time.

Comment

Originally posted by Jasma View Post
        I would suggest that a group similar to the Red Army of a few seasons ago be developed and come up with some creative cheers to get the crowd involved. The band has tried with the cow bell, but it needs work to match UVM, or Wisconsin.
        I don't think we need to be "matching" anyone.

There needs to be some positive leadership and some more positive energy in the building. Get rid of some of the negativity.
        This apparently will be started by someone other than yourself, I presume?

Teams like BU, Wisconsin, Cornell and others have some stock sayings and cheers, mainly positive, that they use in every game. The RPI crowd could come up with some of those if they tried.
        You aren't listening carefully enough.

Raise the bar and let's funnel some of that energy towards supporting your team and complaining less about the refs.
        Yes, the refs, apparently, are beyond reproach. Anyone who believes otherwise is obviously crazy.
        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by StayPuftMMcu View Post
          Probably the only thing I like about going to HFH. I laugh pretty much every time.
          If that's the only thing you like about going to HFH, I invite you to stop coming. Once I found nothing particularly interesting or exciting about Lynah Rink, I stopped going there. I bet you could do it, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
            If that's the only thing you like about going to HFH, I invite you to stop coming. Once I found nothing particularly interesting or exciting about Lynah Rink, I stopped going there. I bet you could do it, too.
            Love how fans of the Cornell Divers are now so senitive about people complaining about refs. Their coach is such a saint and never pees and moans about the refs. Hypocrites.
            Last edited by AspyDad; 02-14-2011, 03:42 PM.
            "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

My apologies. I forgot to mention the other thing I enjoy at HFH - watching Clarkson play (especially when they win!) If it helps, I don't go to HFH unless Clarkson is playing. On the other hand, I have gone to Lynah to quell my jonesing for college hockey once or twice without Clarkson being there.

Comment

I don't think we need to be "matching" anyone.

This apparently will be started by someone other than yourself, I presume?

You aren't listening carefully enough.

Yes, the refs, apparently, are beyond reproach. Anyone who believes otherwise is obviously crazy.
                I listen very carefully, that's why i mad those remarks and suggestions.
                the refs are not above reproach; never said they were. In fact, they do suck soemtimes. Throwing stuff at them and suggesting that they perform certain acts is not helpful.

Comment

Unfortunately (at least according to Mr. Schott's weekly article), Mr. Klump did experience a repercussion for the article, but I will still tip my hat for bringing this (the editorial) to the attention of the college hockey community.
                  Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 02-14-2011, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by StayPuftMMcu View Post
                    If it helps, I don't go to HFH unless Clarkson is playing.
                    See, that's just it. I don't go to Lynah even when RPI is playing there. So if you're just going to show up once a year when your team is there, you can dispense with the whinefest.

Comment

Looks like yesterday, Mr. Weaver also got in on the editorials: http://troyrecord.com/articles/2011/...mode=fullstory

However the butthurt in the comments just makes me want to bang my head on the table until it splits open.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                        Unfortunately (at least according to Mr. Schott's weekly article), Mr. Klump did experience a repercussion for the article, but I will still tip my hat for bringing this (the editorial) to the attention of the college hockey community.
                        Kudos to Mr. Klump. Adam Wodon is gutless and should never refer to himself as a journalist ever again. Ask tough questions get fired, expose the truth...get fired. A supreme court justice once famously said that sunlight is the best disenfectant. Apparently, Adam missed that day in school. Disgraceful.
                        "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Lets take a step back here.This is not about Seth Appert....Jason Klump.....or even the officials whom worked the game(at least directly).This is about Paul Stewart and HIS actions following the game and subsequently in Schenectady.If Jason Klump and Ken Schott(whom is trying to back away from this at warp speed)are to be believed and I have not heard anyone at this point deny this happened although I believe Ken Schott will leave Jason Klump hanging by his thumbs at some point.I find the conversation that took place at RPI for me one of the most incredible diatribes I've ever heard and explains to me why we are where we are with this mess.It appears the league officials think this is THEIR game and not OUR game and how dare we question what they are doing.Here in lies the catch as most of us know in any organization the head of that organization would be remiss if it is not made perfectly clear that all employees especially top level employees speak for him in matters concerning the organization.I suspect Mr. Hagwell has made this perfectly clear to all his employees including Mr.Stewart.So one must assume that what Mr.Stewart had to say is the essence of what Mr.Hagwell thinks and everyone else at the league office.In either case we have either a league office run amuck or a loose cannon in either case this cannot be white washed or swept under the rug.Further more Seth Appert has nothing to do with this it he is uninvolved it was Mr.Stewart whom injected Him into this for who knows why,I can only presume he has an axe to grind.This is what happens when everything is either ignored or swept under the rug it always always rears its ugly head.It will be interesting to see whom is in charge at the League Office Mr.Hagwell or Mr.Stewart at this point I wonder.Stay Tuned.
                          What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

From Ed's article:

"Some website posters suggest an investigation should be undertaken and that Stewart should be suspended -- some suggest even fired -- if he said what's alleged."

At least Ken uses my name. C'mon Ed stop using my stuff without crediting me.
                            Last edited by AspyDad; 02-14-2011, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                              Kudos to Mr. Klump. Adam Wodon is gutless and should never refer to himself as a journalist ever again. Ask tough questions get fired, expose the truth...get fired. A supreme court justice once famously said that sunlight is the best disenfectant. Apparently, Adam missed that day in school. Disgraceful.
                              Press establishments are still private organizations and reserve the right to refuse service. Mr. Klump wrote an article, Mr. Wodon didn't want it out there (at least on his site), Mr. Klump went to another outlet. Publishers will see if a reporter is writing somewhere else, that they can just get a job there, so goodbye reporter. Editors will also be selective regarding what they post for editorials given what has been submitted. There is always the option of writing elsewhere, but publishers will frown upon it. Hey, it's Mr. Wodon's website, and he can do what he chooses.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                Press establishments are still private organizations and reserve the right to refuse service. Mr. Klump wrote an article, Mr. Wodon didn't want it out there (at least on his site), Mr. Klump went to another outlet. Publishers will see if a reporter is writing somewhere else, that they can just get a job there, so goodbye reporter. Editors will also be selective regarding what they post for editorials given what has been submitted. There is always the option of writing elsewhere, but publishers will frown upon it. Hey, it's Mr. Wodon's website, and he can do what he chooses.
                                And it's my right to say he is gutless for not supporting someone trying to get to the truth.

Comment

Working...
                                X