Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    The HEA option MAY open up if there is a 12th team willing to join, as they have noted several times they'd love to go to 12 teams and have a schedule similar to the ECAC non-ivies. Also, remember that HEA has a 5,000 capacity minimum (there were a few schools grandfathered, though). We would have to allow standing room along the ends to get back up to that number.
    As Jasma wrote, undoubtedly the admin likes the Ivy association. As to getting to 5000, couldn't they put up some bleachers on the east end if they had to?
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DisplacedCornellian View Post
      *****http://www.tfhp.org/images/tinfoil-hat.jpg******
      That reminds me of this video, NSFW
      YALE HOCKEY
      2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
        I would expect nothing less from a guy who follows and roots for a team that takes dives to win games. Take it away Red Cloud ...
        You can't spell "dives" without I.V.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

From Ken's report it seems that Stewart gets a talking to. Seth gets suspended for bringing to light a call that cost a game. I know I will get hammered for my passion on this topic but do we think that stewart is not anti-appert and that is doesn't filter down to Hicks, etc. That is going to the integrity of the games being played. BTW- you owe me a beer at the pump station.
          Coach Appert was suspended because the league has rules regarding team conduct and they were broken. Once again, he was not suspended for showing the video, but rather implying through comment that league employees should fear for repercussions because of the call. Mr. Stewart has been hired by the league. At your job, if an employee engages in disorderly conduct, is he/she immediately sacked? Not unless the behavior is actually called out in a code of conduct. Typically there is a private discussion to counsel the employee regarding appropriate behavior.

If the ECAC were truly anti-RPI, we would not be in the ECAC.

Comment

Also, we do not chant an official's name (At least from what I can hear from behind the penalty boxes).
            I must have imagined the "Feola, your mom called, she said..." "YOU SUCK," etc. that all of Section 33 and most of 15 was involved in, then.
            Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              As Jasma wrote, undoubtedly the admin likes the Ivy association. As to getting to 5000, couldn't they put up some bleachers on the east end if they had to?
              They like the ivy association, but what if the ivies were to bolt once the BTHC is formed? As for the east end, wouldn't they be bringing back the stage soon?

Comment

DisplacedCornellian,

I for one appreciate the fact that you, Kepler, and a few other Cornell fans post here as opposed to only posting on that bastion of self-admiration -- eLynah. Nothing wrong about posting there, but I have little respect for those who don't post where they also have to take their lumps, whether deserved or not.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                  I must have imagined the "Feola, your mom called, she said..." "YOU SUCK," etc. that all of Section 33 and most of 15 was involved in, then.
                  If you want to consider that chanting, because I don't. One guy yells out the name.

Comment

I would expect nothing less from a guy who follows and roots for a team that takes dives to win games. Take it away Red Cloud ...
                    The truth is out there.

You can't spell "dives" without I.V.

DisplacedCornellian,

I for one appreciate the fact that you, Kepler, and a few other Cornell fans post here as opposed to only posting on that bastion of self-admiration -- eLynah. Nothing wrong about posting there, but I have little respect for those who don't post where they also have to take their lumps, whether deserved or not.
                    It's too entertaining over here to stay away. I know I've traded barbs with some of the RPI posters in the past, but I appreciate that you all generally take some playful ribbing in stride. It's all in good fun.

Comment

If DisplacedCornellian ever deigns to grow up, he can come off my ignore list. He and his cohorts lap up the garbage they are fed, they can deal with it. This has nothing to do with Cornell except on an tangental level (they happened to be the opponent), so naturally, they have to have about a million opinions on it. Just ignore their laughable levels of, as Ralph put it, "self-admiration."
                      Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by DisplacedCornellian View Post
                        It's too entertaining over here to stay away. I know I've traded barbs with some of the RPI posters in the past, but I appreciate that you all generally take some playful ribbing in stride. It's all in good fun.
                        Well, we can't depend solely on association threads to pad our post counts.

Comment

They like the ivy association, but what if the ivies were to bolt once the BTHC is formed? As for the east end, wouldn't they be bringing back the stage soon?
                          I wouldn't know why the BTHC being formed would cause the Ivies to bolt. The only things that would cause it are if either Penn or Columbia take up hockey, and neither is likely to. If that happened, I suspect that we would look to that option, but I think that we also have loyalty to our Liberty League bretheren. Remember also that RIT is joining the LL (in 2 years?). I wonder if that will have an effect.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I wouldn't know why the BTHC being formed would cause the Ivies to bolt. The only things that would cause it are if either Penn or Columbia take up hockey, and neither is likely to. If that happened, I suspect that we would look to that option, but I think that we also have loyalty to our Liberty League bretheren. Remember also that RIT is joining the LL (in 2 years?). I wonder if that will have an effect.
                            I always thought an "empire" league (6 non-ivies and yes I know Q-Pac is in CT, Army, RIT, Canisius, and Niagara) would make for some fun rivalries, and would help improve the western teams looking to move up from Atlantic. I know Niagara would be on board, they'd like to go back to 18 scholarships. Could it make the league worse off? Perhaps in the first couple years. However, I think given the history of the D-III teams playing D-I, we'd be just fine with recruiting.

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
                              cornell plays dartmouth this weekend who shall we root for?
                              I'm not going to join the discussion of the officiating. I've seen only one game in person this year and thought the officials did a good job in that one.

The standings show Dartmouth with 24 points, Cornell with 22, and RPI with 21. I could have sworn Dartmouth was only two points ahead of RPI, but apparently I was wrong.

And if that's right, then we want Dartmouth to beat Cornell.

If Dartmouth wins, RPI will have a chance to move ahead of Cornell. If Cornell wins, both teams would stay ahead of RPI.

A tie wouldn't be good, either. If those two teams tie, RPI has a chance to pull even with Cornell, but Cornell holds the tiebreaker in that matchup.
                              Last edited by Waite21; 02-14-2011, 12:25 PM. Reason: Error in original post

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                                I'm not going to join the discussion of the officiating. I've seen only one game in person this year and thought the officials did a good job in that one.

The standings show Dartmouth with 24 points, Cornell with 22, and RPI with 21. I could have sworn Dartmouth was only two points ahead of RPI, but apparently I was wrong.

And if that's right, then we want Dartmouth to beat Cornell.

If Dartmouth wins, RPI will have a chance to move ahead of Cornell. If Cornell wins, both teams would stay ahead of RPI.

A tie wouldn't be good, either. If those two teams tie, RPI has a chance to pull even with Cornell, but Cornell holds the tiebreaker in that matchup.
                                Not to mention, Cornell is close to the TUC cliff.

Comment

Working...
                                X