Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
    Hey whoever the Kool Aid drinker for Stewart is who gave me the negative rep for my comments this morning understand that I wear your scorn as a badge of honor. You shouldn't be gutless and have the heart to sign it To JM, with all due respect let's not be naive about this situation. When the head of officials makes a bush league statement about Coach like that you know that his thinking influences the rest of the refs. Look at the Harvard game and Hicks distribution of calls and tell me there is no issue.
    Wasn't commenting on the Stewart situation - just on what my eyes told me from watching the game. Giving a team a 5 minute major (which I agree it was) instead of a minor on a play where the 2 announcers on TV questioned it, is an odd way to show anti-RPI bias. I thought the refs were fair. Competent? That's always another question.

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
      Wasn't commenting on the Stewart situation - just on what my eyes told me from watching the game. Giving a team a 5 minute major (which I agree it was) instead of a minor on a play where the 2 announcers on TV questioned it, is an odd way to show anti-RPI bias. I thought the refs were fair. Competent? That's always another question.
      I agree for the most part. I have never been a Kotyra fan-our record with him on the ice is abyssmal. But virtually everything called was reasonable. I did disagree with the last call on Brutlag. I thought it was a dive and the refs were primed to call something to make up for the 5 minute major-refs often do that and it is a fact that you just live with. Chalk this one up as another game we let get away (like at Harvard) which we should have done better. We had several games this year that have gone that way which is why we are just a very good team and not a great team yet.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
        Bite your tongue! Don't even think that. This team will get healthy this week and win the next 4 games and finish 4th in the ECAC and about 12th in the PWR-so says my crystal ball. (fingers are crossed though)
        I wasn't saying what I thought was likely to happen, just what was possible. I fully expect a spot in the top 5 when the playoffs start in 3 weeks.
        Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
          I wasn't saying what I thought was likely to happen, just what was possible. I fully expect a spot in the top 5 when the playoffs start in 3 weeks.
          I know-I am just trying to avoid all bad thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
            I agree for the most part. I have never been a Kotyra fan-our record with him on the ice is abyssmal. But virtually everything called was reasonable. I did disagree with the last call on Brutlag. I thought it was a dive and the refs were primed to call something to make up for the 5 minute major-refs often do that and it is a fact that you just live with. Chalk this one up as another game we let get away (like at Harvard) which we should have done better. We had several games this year that have gone that way which is why we are just a very good team and not a great team yet.
            I am so glad to see you posting again as I was concerned that I haven't seen your penetrating comments on the board lately. You put it best a couple of months ago when you said that ECAC is so competitive that bad calls can make the difference in all these close contests. Of course we had our chances but the integrity of this league is being called into question in light of Mr. Stewart's comments . I leave with Coach Appert's comments from Ed's story today.

“I get frustrated when Jeff Foss gets an interference call when their guy (whom Foss hit) has the puck,” Appert said. “By definition, you can’t have an interference penalty (hitting) the guy who has the puck. Now, was it a cross-check? Maybe. Was it a dive (by the Cornell player). Probably. Was it interference? No."
            "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

The groundbreaking and always controversial WaP twitter page is reporting the following as of an hour ago:

"We've been in communication with @Jason_Klump about his encounters with Commissioner Hagwell & Paul Stewart. His side of the story tomorrow."

Let's hope that this thing doesn't get whitewashed. I knew that Tom and GR would get to bottom of this whole episode.
              "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

A few thoughts on the weekend. The effort saturday vs Cornell was much improved over the Friday effort. Regarding the penalty calls /no calls saturday. We had our chance with th PP and did nothing. The interference call on Bruttlag was weak but anyone that followes this league knew it was coming. With regards to the Stewart/ Klump incident. It has the potential to be huge but we shall see.The key is Ken Schott no doubt. One thing that Stewart ang Hagwell should be reminded of is that they created this mess. When they caved in and called the exact game that Mike Schaefer wanted called vs RPI in game two of the playoffs 2 years ago what message did they send to Appert about what a coach needs to do to get the game called his way? I hope Stewart gets canned as things have gotten worse under his tenure. I actually thought the first 2 periods of Saturdays game were offiicated ok but as usual when the game was winding down the refs wanted center stage. I hope Col. Knowlton has SA`s back in this fight ..there is alot on the line IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by jstadts View Post
                  A few thoughts on the weekend. The effort saturday vs Cornell was much improved over the Friday effort. Regarding the penalty calls /no calls saturday. We had our chance with th PP and did nothing. The interference call on Bruttlag was weak but anyone that followes this league knew it was coming. With regards to the Stewart/ Klump incident. It has the potential to be huge but we shall see.The key is Ken Schott no doubt. One thing that Stewart ang Hagwell should be reminded of is that they created this mess. When they caved in and called the exact game that Mike Schaefer wanted called vs RPI in game two of the playoffs 2 years ago what message did they send to Appert about what a coach needs to do to get the game called his way? I hope Stewart gets canned as things have gotten worse under his tenure. I actually thought the first 2 periods of Saturdays game were offiicated ok but as usual when the game was winding down the refs wanted center stage. I hope Col. Knowlton has SA`s back in this fight ..there is alot on the line IMO.
                  I agree. I don't like hlaping too much on the officials most times, but it does seem that they favor some coaches/teams over others.RPI has not had the pleasure of the league or the officials since the Addesa era, with the possible exception of the Buddy Powers years.

IMO The AD should tell the coach to stand down and he should have a discussion with the Commissioner and director of officials. I would like him to have Dr. Jackson's backing before he goes into the meeting with the league. Again,IMO, it is time for RPI to start flexing its muscles in the league. If things don't improve with the officiating and the image of the league RPI will pull out and go to HE, Atlantic Hokcey or any league that will have them.

Comment

Originally posted by Jasma View Post
                    RPI will pull out and go to HE, Atlantic Hokcey or any league that will have them.
                    I would cry the day that we leave the ECAC for Atlantic Hockey. Even moving to Hockey East and losing the rivalries that we have with Union / Clarkson and the Liberty League connection that we have with the other D3 programs would make me sad. The reality is that we don't have many chips in this game of poker that we're playing with the league.
                    Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                      I would cry the day that we leave the ECAC for Atlantic Hockey. Even moving to Hockey East and losing the rivalries that we have with Union / Clarkson and the Liberty League connection that we have with the other D3 programs would make me sad. The reality is that we don't have many chips in this game of poker that we're playing with the league.
                      If some of the other coaches that know darn well Appert is right had the guts to speak up that would help..but they won`t

Comment

Originally posted by hawthr View Post
                        Jason Klump of College Hockey News had the 'audacity' to question Mr.Paul Stewart about the quality of refereeing at the RPI game tonight when he spotted him at the Union game. According to Klump's twitter (@Jason_Klump), Stewart called the game's officiating "excellent," and accused him of "being like Appert" for "using the refs as a crutch." He also reportedly started a one-sided shouting match about it.

Ladies and gentlemen, the head of the ECAC refereeing. What a quality, stand up man. And you wonder why we get hosed on calls.
                        If anyone can verify this encounter, then Stewart needs to be shown the door. And for the record, my opinion has nothing to do with this weekend's RPI losses. (They have no one to blame but themselves for losing either of those games, IMO.)

As for Stewart, I've been a proponent of giving this guy time for his changes to impact officiating. I'm a patient man, but alas its run out. The results are in and the on-ice product has taken a BIG step backward. To the point where linesmen are absolutely incapable of conducting clean face-offs or making correct, timely off-sides calls.

Add in that Stewart has the maturity and temperament of a 2 yr. old whose Ritalin Rx ran out ...and I've had my fill. Time for him to retake his spot at the end of the bar back in Southie...and he can take Atlantic City Steve with him. My two cents.
                        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by jstadts View Post
                          If some of the other coaches that know darn well Appert is right had the guts to speak up that would help..but they won`t
                          I agree with that. SA is not going to win this or most any league battle on his own. As far as leaving for another league, I suspect that HEA option has closed and going to the AHA shouldn't be considered for one second. One thing that could happen, and would be worth watching, although it is probably impractical, is that if the BTHC causes the CCHA to explode, the 4 Liberty League teams, with or without Colgate, might consider alligning with some of the remnants, namely those in Ohio.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            I agree with that. SA is not going to win this or most any league battle on his own. As far as leaving for another league, I suspect that HEA option has closed and going to the AHA shouldn't be considered for one second. One thing that could happen, and would be worth watching, although it is probably impractical, is that if the BTHC causes the CCHA to explode, the 4 Liberty League teams, with or without Colgate, might consider alligning with some of the remnants, namely those in Ohio.
                            That would be to good to be true !!!!!!!!!!!!
                            What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

To really digress and this is only a thought but if we can look at tape somewhere am I the only one that thinks Colgate was offsides on the game winning goal ?
                              What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy View Post
                                To really digress and this is only a thought but if we can look at tape somewhere am I the only one that thinks Colgate was offsides on the game winning goal ?
                                Sure looks that way on the replay-but where was everyone from RPI? There was one back against 3 Colgate players and you just cannot do that in OT. Where was the other defenseman?

Comment

Working...
                                X