Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

He passed away on November 22, 1963 when he was 46 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by mathkicks View Post
      Has anybody heard how JFK is doing?
      The hit from behind into the boards really nailed his right shoulder-it was hanging limp for a while after. It was not a good day for him before that as he gave away the puck that led to Cornell's first goal and was late covering a man when Cornell scored their second goal. He is a very good defensive defenseman-but against some ECAC teams like Cornell, Colgate, etc-what we really need out there is an offensive defenseman for the power play-and that was missing this weekend with Bergin out. These were two important games which we could have won if we had the offense to do it-it just wasn't there from the defensemen without Bergin.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

The good teams win regardless of how the call goes either for them or against them. Plenty of chances to win it yesterday both in regulation and overtime but sadly it didnt happen. These two games hopefully were just a bump along the road and a teachable moment for Coach Appert to use in the next weeks of practices and games.
        Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
          The good teams win regardless of how the call goes either for them or against them. Plenty of chances to win it yesterday both in regulation and overtime but sadly it didnt happen. These two games hopefully were just a bump along the road and a teachable moment for Coach Appert to use in the next weeks of practices and games.
          Insightful .... ok I retract everything I said.
          "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
            Insightful .... ok I retract everything I said.
            The only thing that matters at the end of a game is the final score. Not the amount of penalties called or shots taken. Nobody asks how many call you got, they ask how many goals did you score. Im tired of hearing how the refs screwed RPI just as much as anyone else. There were multiple chances for RPI to score and they couldnt take advantage of it simple as that. Going after a ref or the head of officials is not going to do much but they always enjoy seeing emails for us the paying customers about how they should be doing their jobs. Maybe we can all gather together and head down to the TU Center and protest in front of the offices to force Mubarak....I mean Stewart to resign.
            Last edited by fishcore12; 02-13-2011, 01:10 PM.
            Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by Jasma View Post
              The Engineers could finish anywhere between third and 7th.
              They can actually drop all the way to 10th if the wheels really fall off and things don't fall their way. On the other hand, they still have the slimmest of hopes of taking home a share of the Cleary Cup.

But, absolutely agreed that the mess from 3rd to 6th is going to make these next two weeks very interesting.
              Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Does anyone know if Fulton disappearance as an ECAC ref had anything to do with his performance in one of our games several years ago?
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                  Maybe we can all gather together and head down to the TU Center and protest in front of the offices to force Mubarak....I mean Stewart to resign.
                  Great idea. What's a good time and day for you.
                  "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                    Great idea. What's a good time and day for you.
                    Not sure I will start it on facebook and twitter....this will be peaceful right or are you bringing the camels and horses.

Comment

Originally posted by hawthr View Post
                      It's a bit of a stretch for you to accuse me of spinning the facts - I pulled the quotes directly off Klump's twitter feed. If you followed up on things before opening your mouth and looked at his feed, you would know that.

Anyone else notice that the bed seems to be getting a bit moist after this weekend?

Comment

The ECAC has to get to the bottom of this whole affair. An investigation of these statements must be done by Comm Hagwell and the key to it is Ken Schott coming forward to confirm Jason's reporting. If these statements are true I believe that the dismissal of Paul Stewart is appropriate. As you all know, Ken and I have had our issues but many of you have told me he is a decent fellow which I'm sure he is. This is the test, does he tow the ECAC line or does he tell the truth and expose Mr. Stewart and the league's refs bias against our great coach. Ball is in your court Ken.

Comment

Originally posted by Havasu M
                          There is no way RPI can finish 10th. SLU currently 10th has 11 points , if they run the table they get 19 RPI already has 21. That bottom is now 9th. If Brown runs the table 8 more points the will tie RPI at 21 but RPI gets the tie breaker. I suppose there is some 3 way tie between Brown Rpi and a third team to drop Rpi to 9th but that is doubtful.
                          SLU has 5 games left (including their game against CCT on Tuesday). Brown also has 5 games left including their game next Tuesday against Harvard. A 3-way tie between Quinnipiac, RPI, and SLU leaves the Engineers in 10th.
                          Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

sorry deleted post

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                              SLU has 5 games left (including their game against CCT on Tuesday). Brown also has 5 games left including their game next Tuesday against Harvard. A 3-way tie between Quinnipiac, RPI, and SLU leaves the Engineers in 10th.
                              Bite your tongue! Don't even think that. This team will get healthy this week and win the next 4 games and finish 4th in the ECAC and about 12th in the PWR-so says my crystal ball. (fingers are crossed though)
                              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                                Bite your tongue! Don't even think that. This team will get healthy this week and win the next 4 games and finish 4th in the ECAC and about 12th in the PWR-so says my crystal ball. (fingers are crossed though)
                                If we win the next 4, we would almost certainly move up higher than 12th in the PWR. I'd be shocked if we won the last 4 and were not back in the PWR top 10. Keep in mind that it is MUCH easier to move up from the 10+ range because (a) the teams around you are more likely to lose; and (b) there are more teams who can screw up, allowing you to leapfrog them.

Comment

Working...
                                X