Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

Originally posted by GRussinko View Post
    Troy Record article on last night's game: http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...txt?viewmode=3

SA thinks we played well.
    Neither the coaches or players need to blast themselves in the media but after watching that performance last night I really hope they don't believe they played well, BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T
    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

vote today? http://www.seniorclassaward.com/vote/hockey_2010-11/
      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

...and don't forget Hobey http://www.hobeybakeraward.com/page/...vote-for-hobey

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
          Neither the coaches or players need to blast themselves in the media but after watching that performance last night I really hope they don't believe they played well, BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T
          I have to agree 100%. After I watched Coach Apperts interview about the game, the first thing that popped in to my mind was that I must have been watching a different game than he was. I know he was ****ed after the second period. You could see it when the boys walked off the ice, and Coach Apperts body language. The sad thing is, Colgate wasn't that good, we were just really bad. They better come out with some fire under their butts this afternoon for a full 60 minutes, because yesterday's game was very painful to watch.
          I thought the banners looked orange too, except the ones in the middle. I have to get used to facing Section 1 now for the Canadian and American Anthem.

Comment

For those who didn't see the picture I put up via the WaP twitter last night, I've got a couple photos of the banners up. Poor quality as it was a combination of my phone and point-and-shoot doing the photography, but it's something.

http://www.withoutapeer.com/2011/02/...eld-house.html
            It doesn't look like they left any room on the NCAA-appearances banner for this year.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              It doesn't look like they left any room on the NCAA-appearances banner for this year.
              It's probably just me, but I don't like the NCAA appearances banner. I liked what we used to have: ECAC championships, National championships. We actually win hardware. Consolidating the ECAC championships into one banner is cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Go Puckman View Post
                I have to agree 100%. After I watched Coach Apperts interview about the game, the first thing that popped in to my mind was that I must have been watching a different game than he was. I know he was ****ed after the second period. You could see it when the boys walked off the ice, and Coach Apperts body language. The sad thing is, Colgate wasn't that good, we were just really bad. They better come out with some fire under their butts this afternoon for a full 60 minutes, because yesterday's game was very painful to watch.
                I thought the banners looked orange too, except the ones in the middle. I have to get used to facing Section 1 now for the Canadian and American Anthem.
                I agree with everything that you said. And with all that, AAG could have won the game with about two minutes left when he just couldn't get enough of his stick on a pass with the empty left side of the net staring at him.
                He did his best, the pass was just a bit too far in front of him.
                As for the anthems, just watch the score board. The flags are on the screen for the anthems.
                Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                Benjamin Franklin
                The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  It's probably just me, but I don't like the NCAA appearances banner. I liked what we used to have: ECAC championships, National championships. We actually win hardware. Consolidating the ECAC championships into one banner is cool.
                  It could be worse, we could have QU's "ECAC Tournament Participant" banner.
                  APBWiki

Comment

It could be worse, we could have QU's "ECAC Tournament Participant" banner.
                    Exactly. Making the NCAA tournament is an accomplishment, just like winning the ECACs, and should be celebrated. Now, if we had an individual banner for every single NCAA appearance, I'd probably shoot somebody.
                    Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                      Exactly. Making the NCAA tournament is an accomplishment, just like winning the ECACs, and should be celebrated. Now, if we had an individual banner for every single NCAA appearance, I'd probably shoot somebody.
                      Well, a team that does that is showing up this afternoon.

Comment

Kurt Stutt said that also on WRPI yesterday.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Well, a team that does that is showing up this afternoon.
                          I think that's more an issue of the roof in Lynah not being tall enough to allow them to hang banners as tall as ours.

On another note, cnor pointed out to me last night that the individual team banners were also taken down earlier this season and have not been put up again.
                          Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            Kurt Stutt said that also on WRPI yesterday.
                            IIRC, Kurt also stated that the banners block their view of the screen so they don't know how much time is left in penalties.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Well that was a great weekend we got beat by one of the worst teams in D1 college hockey and got manhandled by Cornell AGAIN.It was our chance to shine and we laid an egg. I don't think we will fare much better when we go north so it looks like its mid pack for us again.(just where we were picked)And here's the bad news this year was our window of opportunity because when Chase see's RPI in his rear view mirror this spring we are in deep do do.Everyone thinks we missed JDA & BP wait till he's gone.All these national rankings and bracketology are great but they are fools gold we need to figure out how to play in this league and quick or its 6th thru 8th for us every year.I don't care if we bring in Wayne Gretzky ! I absolutly hate the way this league plays but if were not going to move to hockey east and were not we need to change it up.We need to get bigger,stronger,and yes older our youngest freshman not our oldest players needs to be 20.Look at Union there young players have full beards and are about to start families most of there players have been "overlooked for Scholarships"(yes anyone who thinks there paying has rocks in their heads)at least once in most instances twice but now there older stronger and much more savy...just look at Nick Bailen he is a very talented hockey player but is is also old and experienced.Anyway thats the way this frustrated bedwetter see's it.
                              What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

One word ... Feola. Looking forward to the thoughts of tb on the "officiating" today. Last week I speculated about the anti-Appert sentiment that permeates the league office and the individuals they pass off as officials, I offer you today's game as exhibit A. Our great coach and the young men he leads do not deserve this second rate treatment.
                                "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Working...
                                X