Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Why do I have this feeling you know something I don't...
    Who, me?

Comment

Originally posted by JCrawford View Post
      Buck says neither Hicks nor Baker are involved.
      Leonard/St.Lawrence ref tonight....Boylan/Brown are the linesmen
      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Just listening to a podcast of Kens show from yesterday, he mentioned that the Ring of Honor banners are hung up on the other side of the rink above the band stage, while the championship banners are now hung above center ice. I wonder if there using the same banners as before or if they had new ones made up, should be interesting to see how it all looks tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
          Just listening to a podcast of Kens show from yesterday, he mentioned that the Ring of Honor banners are hung up on the other side of the rink above the band stage, while the championship banners are now hung above center ice. I wonder if there using the same banners as before or if they had new ones made up, should be interesting to see how it all looks tonight.
          There is a picture in todays TU, if you look in the background it does look like they are newly designed banners hanging over the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
            The banners are much larger and more colorful. I like them a lot. My only problem, is that when the lights are turned up for the game, the banners look orange from the stands. At least from where I was sitting.
            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
            Benjamin Franklin
            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
            Gary Player

Comment

I believe we are up to 9 disallowed goals now. It might be 8, as I may be counting Beauregard's crossbar shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                I believe we are up to 9 disallowed goals now. It might be 8, as I may be counting Beauregard's crossbar shot.
                Leonard and St. Lawrence really need to sit down and read the friggin rulebook. A goal IS legal if it is deflected off a skate, so long as it was not intentionally kicked in. Also, this squad seemed to forget how the whole 'hybrid icing' thing works. Tack on the fact they both swallowed their whistles early in the third, missing two clearly too many many penalties, along with several other dirty shots.

That beng said, we ddin't lose the game due to the officiating. The team has to show up to win, and it seemes only Bryce showed up last night.
                Proud founder of the First Church of RPI Hockey

Comment

hope we dont get any more injuries tonight if a cornell player jumps one of our players like they did to union last night.
                  I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

I love the layout of the banners BUT they look to be freaking Princeton orange. Looks like a screw up to me. As to the Colgate game we stunk and got what we deserved.

Comment

I think what borthered me the most was the lack of energy last night- both on the ice and in the stands. Then again, it is hard to have energy from the stands when a ROTC unit invited to the game for Military Appreciation Night openly roots for Colgate when they decide to pay attention to the game, and then leave at the start of overtime. Good riddance, SUNY Albany goons. Don't come back to Section 17 again.
                      Proud founder of the First Church of RPI Hockey

Comment

For those who didn't see the picture I put up via the WaP twitter last night, I've got a couple photos of the banners up. Poor quality as it was a combination of my phone and point-and-shoot doing the photography, but it's something.

http://www.withoutapeer.com/2011/02/...eld-house.html
                        APBWiki

Comment

We have played 11 games in 2011. In those games, we have outshot our opponents TWICE, and one of those was by one shot.

She's still ugly...

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            We have played 11 games in 2011. In those games, we have outshot our opponents TWICE, and one of those was by one shot.

She's still ugly...

I figured it was bad but not that bad. And a few of those games we gave up in the area of 40 shots.

Comment

Troy Record article on last night's game: http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...txt?viewmode=3

SA thinks we played well.
                              APBWiki

Comment

Originally posted by GRussinko View Post
                                Troy Record article on last night's game: http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...txt?viewmode=3

SA thinks we played well.
                                We did, we played a very solid 20 minute game.

Comment

Working...
                                X