Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
    I heard that report also, hope he's on the mend (otherwise you might need a new thread title ). Andrew Catalon also reported that Coach did not think it was the result of any kind of cheap shot. Nonetheless, a tough blow, but hopefully one the team will rally around for the sake of CD superiority.
    Word. Let's dish out some Capital punishment this weekend, shall we?
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
      Let's just make sure that visiting the capital district is the road trip from hell! I used to feel that way about the north country trip-I just want other teams come into the area already thinking about how tough it is going to be.
      Last edited by DrDemento; 02-11-2011, 06:50 AM.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
        Yes.

Comment

Ed Weaver in the Troy Record:
          Bryce Merriam http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...mode=fullstory
          Garry Kearns http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...mode=fullstory (includes comments about Jerry D'Amigo's demotion)
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Kotyra and Feola for Saturday's refs. They don't mention today's refs; buck says Hicks or Baker is involved.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              Kotyra and Feola for Saturday's refs. They don't mention today's refs; buck says Hicks or Baker is involved.
              We have won the last 2 times we saw Kotyra but remember he was on the ice for that second playoff game in Cornell a couple years back when we were short handed 5 on 3 for most of a period.
              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                We have won the last 2 times we saw Kotyra but remember he was on the ice for that second playoff game in Cornell a couple years back when we were short handed 5 on 3 for most of a period.
                So was Murphy, who made most of those calls.

Comment

Hockey's Future article on Columbus' top 20 prospects, York moves up to #15 from the previous rankings in September.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article..._blue_jackets/

15. (17) Allen York, G, 21, 7.0C
                  Acquired: 6th Round, 158th overall in 2007

York had a decent season last year after assuming the starting job with the emergent R.P.I, but he's been phenomenal this season. He's been included on the early list for the Hobey Baker, going 16-6-3 thus far with a 1.89 goals against average and a .932 save percentage. With the lack of goaltending depth at the pro level, and York appearing to be the most ready of the Blue Jackets three goalies outside of professional hockey, he may be pressured into signing a contract with the organization following this season. However, the Alberta product is eligible to return for his senior season.

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
                    Hockey's Future article on Columbus' top 20 prospects, York moves up to #15 from the previous rankings in September.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article..._blue_jackets/
                    I guess it is possible that he will be pressured to leave next year, but he only has to look at Jerry D'Amigo to see what leaving early can do. Columbus doesn't have the best goalies in the world, but goaltenders don't just step into the NHL. It will be a couple of years before he gets his chance in Columbus. He would be better served to complete his education (academics and hockey), and be ready for life before and after his hockey career.
                    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                    Benjamin Franklin
                    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                    Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                      I guess it is possible that he will be pressured to leave next year, but he only has to look at Jerry D'Amigo to see what leaving early can do. Columbus doesn't have the best goalies in the world, but goaltenders don't just step into the NHL. It will be a couple of years before he gets his chance in Columbus. He would be better served to complete his education (academics and hockey), and be ready for life before and after his hockey career.
                      Completely agree, Id love to see him return to RPI for his senior year.

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                        Well said. Each case is unique. For D'Amigo it may have made more sense. The amount of money, how much you want to play college hockey and get a degree, the current market for players, the depth of talent in the particular organization all factor into the decision. Right now a lot of people are second-guessing D'Amigo's decision. His stock has dropped considerably, but you have to know the particulars of the contract he signed. He may still be getting a lot of money, though the comments Appert made in Ken Schott's article today lead me to believe that D'Amigo may have been sold a bill of goods by Toronto and his agent or advisor.

Comment

Appert said earlier this week that York would not play.

Comment

Nice article about RPI's senior trio from Minnesota.

http://www.timesunion.com/sports/art...491.php#page-1

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              Buck says neither Hicks nor Baker are involved.

Comment

Originally posted by JCrawford View Post
                                Buck says neither Hicks nor Baker are involved.
                                Why do I have this feeling you know something I don't...

Comment

Working...
                                X