Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    I understand your point-but I just don't see anything positive about York being sidelined. I would want to see BOTH our goaltenders at 100% for a weekend like this. We cannot be in a position where if one more goes down during some bumping in front of the net that we have neither one playing. This past weekend, princeton was all over Bryce and he took plenty of physical hits-thankfully he is a big dude and stood up well. I do not even want to think about playing our third goalie against either team this weekend.
    Remember Barry Sherwood. There is always hope.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      This might actually be a good thing for this weekend. One thing that I think Cornell is very good at, and why they do so well against other teams, is scouting other teams and exposing their weaknesses. I think that's one of the reasons that we earned a shutout against them in one of our worst seasons in recent memory: They hadn't really seen Allen York play to get a good grasp on how to easily beat him, but they were more than familiar with Mathias Lange. I don't think they've really seen Bryce Merriam play enough to figure out what makes him tick.
      Well heck then in that case we should put Coupal in on Saturday!

Would love to see York back but you just can't take a chance with a concussion. Merriam in net should be enough to keep the boys focused on Friday - a good thing I think. TV and Cornell on Saturday will keep them focused. Here's hoping we hit 20 wins this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
        Hockey's Future, January College Prospects Notebook writeup on Allen York:

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...ebook_january/
        Hockey's Future Podcast to go along with this article, the York segment starts about 3/4's through.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          Remember Barry Sherwood. There is always hope.
          Hopefully, no RPI netminder will need to make 71 saves against BU this weekend!
          I want all of our players back, healthy and sound, this weekend. But there is something to be said about B Merriam being a bit of an x factor... Going to be an interesting weekend... Ralph, shall you start the thread on Friday or shall I? We do have records to maintain...
          Here we come!

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
            Well heck then in that case we should put Coupal in on Saturday!

Would love to see York back but you just can't take a chance with a concussion. Merriam in net should be enough to keep the boys focused on Friday - a good thing I think. TV and Cornell on Saturday will keep them focused. Here's hoping we hit 20 wins this weekend.
            Touché. I agree with Dr. D in that I would prefer York over Merriam (and in fact would prefer both goaltenders being healthy), but if we have to play Merriam, let's see what we can use to our own advantage. However, we have two days of practice and Colgate first. Let's go one day at a time.

Comment

Touché. I agree with Dr. D in that I would prefer York over Merriam (and in fact would prefer both goaltenders being healthy), but if we have to play Merriam, let's see what we can use to our own advantage. However, we have two days of practice and Colgate first. Let's go one day at a time.
              Who's overlooking Colgate? Nobody. I don't get this constant scolding.
              Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

I understand your point-but I just don't see anything positive about York being sidelined. I would want to see BOTH our goaltenders at 100% for a weekend like this. We cannot be in a position where if one more goes down during some bumping in front of the net that we have neither one playing. This past weekend, princeton was all over Bryce and he took plenty of physical hits-thankfully he is a big dude and stood up well. I do not even want to think about playing our third goalie against either team this weekend.
                While we would all like to see York in the net, we will have to go with Merriam. I for one don't have a problem with that. Bryce is a capable goalie as he has shown last weekend.
                The team needs to rally around him and play the uptempo style that works so well for us. When we sit back and hesitate, we get ourselves in trouble. Take care of Colgate early Friday night and then show the NHL network viewers that we are ready for primetime on Saturday.
                Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                Benjamin Franklin
                The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                  Who's overlooking Colgate? Nobody. I don't get this constant scolding.
                  RC, Excuse F Dude, I think he is a little conflicted the week we play Cornell because I remember him mentioning this summer that he has a long lost love in the Ithaca area.
                  "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

York update on Ken Schott's blog: http://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...ubtful-for-we/
                    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 02-09-2011, 02:47 PM.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Dead link, Ralph. Consider taking out the colon.

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                        While we would all like to see York in the net, we will have to go with Merriam. I for one don't have a problem with that. Bryce is a capable goalie as he has shown last weekend.
                        The team needs to rally around him and play the uptempo style that works so well for us. When we sit back and hesitate, we get ourselves in trouble. Take care of Colgate early Friday night and then show the NHL network viewers that we are ready for primetime on Saturday.
                        We especially cannot hesitate to clear the puck out of our defensive zone. That was one of the few weaknesses obvious last Saturday. We often times seem to try to pass the puck out when we really need to forcefully shoot it out to relieve some pressure. I am, however, finding less and less to be critical of with this team. They do so many things well that we just overlook them. Bryce was fabulous in Princeton-his first period was one of the best 20 minutes by a goalie for RPI in a long time-but I just feel very edgy about playing this entire weekend without our 2 top goalies ready if needed.
                        Last edited by DrDemento; 02-09-2011, 12:27 PM.
                        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

We especially cannot hesitate to clear the puck out of our defensive zone. That wa one of the few weaknesses obvious last Saturday. We often times seem to try to pass the puck out when we really need to forcefully shoot it out to relieve some pressure. I am, however, finding less and less to be critical of with this team. They do so many things well that we just overlook them. Bryce was fabulous in Princeton-his first period was one of the best 20 minutes by a goalie for RPI in a long time-but I just feel very edgy about playing this entire weekend without our 2 top goalies ready if needed.
                          Perhaps we're overthinking the happy medium of when we should break it out to center, and when we should take the icing and shoot the puck out. I know that burned us in a couple games last year (including one involving a hat trick, and one involving our Friday opponent). I'd like to believe our players are working on that sort of puck maturity in practice.

Comment

This is at least more optimistic than Weaver's report. Hoping for a surprise with York ready to go. If not, Merriam's great effort at Princeton has me confident. I love Merriam's ability and willingness to get his *** behind the net and move the puck.

Comment

Dead link, Ralph. Consider taking out the colon.
                              How is one going to **** then?
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

How is one going to **** then?
                                You are really getting quite demented since you retired aren't you? But i love this stuff.
                                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Working...
                                X