Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
    But if we're trying to win the next 10 games, we may as well go for 14.
    If we get to the national tournament, regardless of how we get there, we'd want to win 4 more games. That's a given. We were discussing how we get there. The easiest way is to win 10 games (or at least the last 4-6).

Comment

I was including the NCAA tourney.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by realet View Post
        Which has nothing to do with PWR, which was what DrD was talking about.
        Exactly. I was being short sighted-just finishing the regular season with 6 wins should get us pretty much where we want to be. I don't want to set my hopes too high just yet. I'd settle for an NCAA tournament second seed any time. The last 2 times we were in the tournament we were 1 and done and had zero offense. It has been a long dry spell and i just want to take it one step at a time.
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
          Exactly. I was being short sighted-just finishing the regular season with 6 wins should get us pretty much where we want to be. I don't want to set my hopes too high just yet. I'd settle for an NCAA tournament second seed any time. The last 2 times we were in the tournament we were 1 and done and had zero offense. It has been a long dry spell and i just want to take it one step at a time.
          I would certainly be happy with a #2 seed, even a #3 seed, and to get our first NCAA goal since George Servinis's last one wouldn't be too much to ask for.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            I would certainly be happy with a #2 seed, even a #3 seed, and to get our first NCAA goal since George Servinis's last one wouldn't be too much to ask for.
            I am proud to say Jenny and I saw our last NCAA tournament goal-even though it might have been a tad off side

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
              But if we're trying to win the next 10 games, we may as well go for 14.
              This is the hard way folks. All we really need to do is win our last 4 games of the year! That's not so hard.

Comment

I am proud to say Jenny and I saw our last NCAA tournament goal-even though it might have been a tad off side
                Me too! I watched him line up and break early - it was right in front of us. HE was clearly offside but the refs missed it. I think the Cooperalls that PC had on distracted them!

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
                  Me too! I watched him line up and break early - it was right in front of us. HE was clearly offside but the refs missed it. I think the Cooperalls that PC had on distracted them!
                  I too thought he was a step quick-but it went unnoticed and at the time who would have thought it would be the game winner? I had lost my voice from the night before so I could not even say anything that anyone could hear. We were delirious the entire weekend. i need that feeling again-perhaps our boys this year and in the near future can get close?

Comment

I too thought he was a step quick-but it went unnoticed and at the time who would have thought it would be the game winner? I had lost my voice from the night before so I could not even say anything that anyone could hear. We were delirious the entire weekend. i need that feeling again-perhaps our boys this year and in the near future can get close?
                    We do already have some committed recruits who should be playing when RPI wins its third NCAA championship in 2016, after a second 31-year wait.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      We do already have some committed recruits who should be playing when RPI wins its third NCAA championship in 2016, after a second 31-year wait.
                      I figured also that we are due every 31 years. I am patient and can wait-but I would just like to see us in the tournament more regularly. I have only seen us get in 5 times in the 47 years I have followed them. I would just be satisfied to see us playing in mid to late March more often.

Comment

For those who enjoy two doses of bracketology each Tuesday, Jayson Moy's weekly post is up, with RPI in the Manchester regional.

http://www.uscho.com/2011/02/08/brac...-better-place/

I have to say - after reading the comments, there are either a good chunk of RPI fans who read the blog who don't post on here, or we're gaining a bit of respect.
                        Proud founder of the First Church of RPI Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by hawthr View Post
                          For those who enjoy two doses of bracketology each Tuesday, Jayson Moy's weekly post is up, with RPI in the Manchester regional.

http://www.uscho.com/2011/02/08/brac...-better-place/

I have to say - after reading the comments, there are either a good chunk of RPI fans who read the blog who don't post on here, or we're gaining a bit of respect.
                          I think it's mostly posters from around the ECAC and in the east for that matter (I recognize at least one as a Cornell fan, I think another is one of the Boston schools). Westerners probably don't see us as big travelers because either we didn't bring all that many to Colorado College this year, or to some of the other western league games.

Comment

Surprised this hasn't been brought up yet:

http://recordhockey.blogspot.com/201...s-weekend.html

Rensselaer goaltender Allen York's concussion is a mild one; not mild enough to allow him to play this weekend, however.
                            The slender junior will again be sidelined when the Engineers battle Colgate Friday night at 7 and Cornell Saturday afternoon at 3:30.
                            Sophomore backup Bryce Merriam, fresh off a big victory over Princeton last weekend, will man the pipes as the Engineers, 9-5-1 in the ECAC Hockey play, attempt to hang on to third place and put some distance between them and Cornell and Dartmouth, both 9-5-2.
                            Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by realet View Post
                              Surprised this hasn't been brought up yet:

http://recordhockey.blogspot.com/201...s-weekend.html
                              This might actually be a good thing for this weekend. One thing that I think Cornell is very good at, and why they do so well against other teams, is scouting other teams and exposing their weaknesses. I think that's one of the reasons that we earned a shutout against them in one of our worst seasons in recent memory: They hadn't really seen Allen York play to get a good grasp on how to easily beat him, but they were more than familiar with Mathias Lange. I don't think they've really seen Bryce Merriam play enough to figure out what makes him tick.

Of course, one thing to remember: We still have to play Colgate first. Let's worry about them before we go on to the next game.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                This might actually be a good thing for this weekend. One thing that I think Cornell is very good at, and why they do so well against other teams, is scouting other teams and exposing their weaknesses. I think that's one of the reasons that we earned a shutout against them in one of our worst seasons in recent memory: They hadn't really seen Allen York play to get a good grasp on how to easily beat him, but they were more than familiar with Mathias Lange. I don't think they've really seen Bryce Merriam play enough to figure out what makes him tick.

Of course, one thing to remember: We still have to play Colgate first. Let's worry about them before we go on to the next game.
                                I understand your point-but I just don't see anything positive about York being sidelined. I would want to see BOTH our goaltenders at 100% for a weekend like this. We cannot be in a position where if one more goes down during some bumping in front of the net that we have neither one playing. This past weekend, princeton was all over Bryce and he took plenty of physical hits-thankfully he is a big dude and stood up well. I do not even want to think about playing our third goalie against either team this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X