Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

Originally posted by knsmith View Post
    We'll just use the on-ice ECAC championship celebration photo this year.
    Sounds good.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by babo View Post
      Doc, you can speak to the neurological nature of a concussion better than I ever could; but this is the second time I know of this happening. Afew years ago a boy we were watching got hammered against the boards, came up, and couldn't put weight on his leg...we all said it was his knee. Turns out he had a very serious concussion and the doctors told the player's mom that his leg nerve had a momentary impingement. If Allen's head is very badly injured, could that be the explanation for the crutches?
      Leg nerve impingement i could understand. But a head injury causing a leg weakness? That has to be one major head trauma and serious enough to consider the season over. Turns out the report of York on crutches was in error-it was Bergin. Saw both the boys saturday in Princeton-my fears about their return are almost completely abated. BTW-just a little aside. I had no idea how big and solid our boys are. I go 6'0 and about 180+ and i felt like I was standing amongst a group of huge men. I can only imagine how it will feel standing up next to Luke. Jenny is 4'10" and will come up to his navel. But she wears 5" spike heels and that might help a little.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
        Leg nerve impingement i could understand. But a head injury causing a leg weakness? That has to be one major head trauma and serious enough to consider the season over. Turns out the report of York on crutches was in error-it was Bergin. Saw both the boys saturday in Princeton-my fears about their return are almost completely abated. BTW-just a little aside. I had no idea how big and solid our boys are. I go 6'0 and about 180+ and i felt like I was standing amongst a group of huge men. I can only imagine how it will feel standing up next to Luke. Jenny is 4'10" and will come up to his navel. But she wears 5" spike heels and that might help a little.
        Luke is bigger than I am. I'm probably about 6'1 large build (no stilettos ), but I don't really consider myself to be much of a dwarf around some of the other hockey players, but they're definitely of good shape.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          Luke is bigger than I am. I'm probably about 6'1 large build (no stilettos ), but I don't really consider myself to be much of a dwarf around some of the other hockey players, but they're definitely of good shape.
          FD-I was truly surprised by the bulk of some of the boys. Not necessarily the height. Sure Koudys and Lebeouf are pretty tall but both could stand about 10 pounds more on them. Even the smaller forwards however were very solidly put together. BTW number 11 and 24? on Princeton were massive.

Comment

JCrawford, thanks very much. Your link worked for me.

Comment

Week 5 of Engineer Bracketology is up. This week, we look at the odd case of Boston College and the Beanpot, as well as the ramifications of Brown and Niagara's slip from the TUC ranks.

We didn't have a podcast last week, unfortunately. We're going to have one on Thursday this week.
              Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

College Hockey All-Access did an interview with Chase Polacek last week, that segment of the show starts around 6:50. The link can be found on the league website. http://www.ecachockey.com/men/index

Comment

Originally posted by realet View Post
                  Week 5 of Engineer Bracketology is up. This week, we look at the odd case of Boston College and the Beanpot, as well as the ramifications of Brown and Niagara's slip from the TUC ranks.

We didn't have a podcast last week, unfortunately. We're going to have one on Thursday this week.
                  This is actually becoming clearer to me. it still helps me to be on medication when I read through the list-but at least I don't have to be completely wasted. For my purposes, everything becomes a lot easier if we just win the next 6 games. Go Red!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                    This is actually becoming clearer to me. it still helps me to be on medication when I read through the list-but at least I don't have to be completely wasted. For my purposes, everything becomes a lot easier if we just win the next 6 games. Go Red!!!
                    It would be even easier if we were to win the next 10 games.

Comment

Brock Higgs won the ECAC RotW http://www.rpiathletics.com/news/201...208114042.aspx.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                        It would be even easier if we were to win the next 10 games.
                        Let's go for 14.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          Let's go for 14.
                          Only if you want RPI to not get the first round bye and lose one game in each of the first two rounds. That's the only way there will be 14 games to be added into the PWR.

At any rate, "just win" is a touch simplistic, as we saw this weekend.
                          Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

Only if you want RPI to not get the first round bye and lose one game in each of the first two rounds. That's the only way there will be 14 games to be added into the PWR.
                            I think he meant the six remaining games, getting a bye into the ECACs, sweeping the tournament, and then winning the NCAA tournament.
                            Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                              I think he meant the six remaining games, getting a bye into the ECACs, sweeping the tournament, and then winning the NCAA tournament.
                              Which has nothing to do with PWR, which was what DrD was talking about.

Comment

Which has nothing to do with PWR, which was what DrD was talking about.
                                But if we're trying to win the next 10 games, we may as well go for 14.
                                Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Working...
                                X