PDA

View Full Version : RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

FlagDUDE08
02-13-2011, 01:21 AM
I really didn't think the officials did a terrible job this afternoon.......I thought they were consistent with their calls. As far as throwing towels.....better than throwing something substantial.

Like a couple gatorade bottles? Those went onto the ice along with a couple towels.

vicious
02-13-2011, 07:12 AM
To be clear, the refs are not the reason that we took 0 points this weekend. Until this team plays a full 60 minutes, there are going to be let-downs, missed opportunities, and (occasionally) 0-point weekends.

This team is very much still in the hunt for the bye and a spot in the NCAAs. It's just a matter of consistency.

One thing I noticed last night: Iles kept steering his rebounds to his left. But we kept putting guys on his right. Surprised we didn't catch on and camp someone out to grab the fat rebound. Normally we're pretty good with that.

It does come down to consistency. Union owes a lot of their success to consistent play.

AspyDad
02-13-2011, 07:30 AM
Klump is injecting his opinion into this and I can tell you that Stewart never "accused" Klump of being like Appert. Think about it. Your opinion you are entitled to, however, do not spin the facts.

How do you know? Were you there? I think I'll take the word of Jason Klump instead of you. Jason is a respected college hockey journalist while you seem to be an apolgist for ECAC. Plus I have never known Hawthr to spin the facts. The spin stops at the First Church.

jmhusker
02-13-2011, 07:34 AM
I don't think Appert did himself or the team any favors by trying to pin the loss on the refs. Anytime you are given a 5 minute major at the end of regulation and into OT and can't do anything with it there is no one else to blame but yourself for not taking advantage. I didn't have much of a problem with the Bailen even up call, he did push the Cornell forward and putting a team down 5 on 3 in OT is a brave call to make even without the push. My guess is that Cornell fans don't feel like the refs were on their side either. We need to stop whining.

The past couple of weekends show us how important Bergin is to this team and how thin things are due to the 11th hour defections. We've got enough talent when the entire team is there but losing even one key player makes a difference.

Tough weekend. Unless we sweep in the NC then the road to AC likely runs through Ithaca or Hanover. Ouch.

AspyDad
02-13-2011, 07:55 AM
Since I am the one who broke the story on the anti-Appert feelings in the league office let me be the first to publicly call for an investigation of the derogatory comments about Coach that were made by Paul Stewart to respected journalist Jason Klump of the college hockey news. This exchange goes to the integrity of the officiating in this league, Paul Stewart only confirmed what I suspected that Stewart and his officials are biased against our great coach. Hagwell must quickly conduct an investigation re:this incident and Ken Schott should be interviewed on what was said by Paul Stewart. I would hope that if Ken heard this comment he would report this in his paper or blog. Here's the facts so far, Ken Schott reported that an antagonistic Paul Stewart was confrontational with members of the media then Jason Klump reports anti Appert comments being spewed by Stewart. In fact if this story is true, Paul Stewart should be relieved of his duties as head of officiating.

sk8tronthepond
02-13-2011, 08:50 AM
How do you know? Were you there? I think I'll take the word of Jason Klump instead of you. Jason is a respected college hockey journalist while you seem to be an apolgist for ECAC. Plus I have never known Hawthr to spin the facts. The spin stops at the First Church.

I was not at the interview....however I did speak to Paul Stewart after the interview. No matter who you speak to, they will give their point of view. Stewart did mention that he requested a sports info director be present during the interview and there was one present.....Union's I imagine. He also stated that there were six officiating observers at the RPI/Cornell game who were consistent with their ratings that the officials did a good job. I am not trying to argue with you Aspy, I just think officiating is one of the toughest jobs there is to do, and that is why Stewart will go to his grave defending them based on his first hand experience on the job.

hockeymascot
02-13-2011, 09:13 AM
Since I am the one who broke the story on the anti-Appert feelings in the league office let me be the first to publicly call for an investigation of the derogatory comments about Coach that were made by Paul Stewart to respected journalist Jason Klump of the college hockey news. This exchange goes to the integrity of the officiating in this league, Paul Stewart only confirmed what I suspected that Stewart and his officials are biased against our great coach. Hagwell must quickly conduct an investigation re:this incident and Ken Schott should be interviewed on what was said by Paul Stewart. I would hope that if Ken heard this comment he would report this in his paper or blog. Here's the facts so far, Ken Schott reported that an antagonistic Paul Stewart was confrontational with members of the media then Jason Klump reports anti Appert comments being spewed by Stewart. In fact if this story is true, Paul Stewart should be relieved of his duties as head of officiating.

Who do you propose should take this glorious job? Do you have someone to recommend? Also, already once suspended Coach Appert manufactures his own problems as they relate to officials.

Red Cloud
02-13-2011, 09:16 AM
We need to stop whining.

You're the one whining. The rest of us are just fed up with the garbage and the outright laughter coming from the top over it.

hockeymascot
02-13-2011, 09:17 AM
I don't think Appert did himself or the team any favors by trying to pin the loss on the refs. Anytime you are given a 5 minute major at the end of regulation and into OT and can't do anything with it there is no one else to blame but yourself for not taking advantage. I didn't have much of a problem with the Bailen even up call, he did push the Cornell forward and putting a team down 5 on 3 in OT is a brave call to make even without the push. My guess is that Cornell fans don't feel like the refs were on their side either. We need to stop whining.

The past couple of weekends show us how important Bergin is to this team and how thin things are due to the 11th hour defections. We've got enough talent when the entire team is there but losing even one key player makes a difference.

Tough weekend. Unless we sweep in the NC then the road to AC likely runs through Ithaca or Hanover. Ouch.

Great post JM, also the fact that York should be ready to go will help. Not that Merriam has not done an admirable job, but the team plays with a different confidence as a whole with Yorkie between the pipes.

Red Cloud
02-13-2011, 09:19 AM
Who do you propose should take this glorious job? Do you have someone to recommend? Also, already once suspended Coach Appert manufactures his own problems as they relate to officials.

You're going to sit there and claim that because he doesn't have a successor right there waiting in the wings, that he's wrong to suggest Stewart should be seseking other employment? Wow, you really killed that logical fallacy.

Appert "manufactures his own problems?" What world are you living in? It certainly isn't the real world. There's only so much frustration one coach can put up with when he's watching his team constantly getting screwed by poor officiating.

hockeymascot
02-13-2011, 09:43 AM
You're going to sit there and claim that because he doesn't have a successor right there waiting in the wings, that he's wrong to suggest Stewart should be seseking other employment? Wow, you really killed that logical fallacy.

Appert "manufactures his own problems?" What world are you living in? It certainly isn't the real world. There's only so much frustration one coach can put up with when he's watching his team constantly getting screwed by poor officiating.

What is your definition of the "real world"? In the real world, no matter what the sport, coaches never win the coach vs official combative approach.

Red Cloud
02-13-2011, 09:49 AM
What is your definition of the "real world"? In the real world, no matter what the sport, coaches never win the coach vs official combative approach.

"Shut up and take it like a good little boy."

Yeah, no dice there.

FlagDUDE08
02-13-2011, 09:52 AM

You sure about that?

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XXpcb5aTnPk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

hawthr
02-13-2011, 10:06 AM
Klump is injecting his opinion into this and I can tell you that Stewart never "accused" Klump of being like Appert. Think about it. Your opinion you are entitled to, however, do not spin the facts.

It's a bit of a stretch for you to accuse me of spinning the facts - I pulled the quotes directly off Klump's twitter feed. If you followed up on things before opening your mouth and looked at his feed, you would know that.

Anyone else notice that the bed seems to be getting a bit moist after this weekend?

hockeymascot
02-13-2011, 10:07 AM
You sure about that?

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XXpcb5aTnPk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You got me FD....one of the best lines ever.....however, I can't think of an ECAC official SA could use that on. It does not appear any of them like donuts!:)

FlagDUDE08
02-13-2011, 10:20 AM
You got me FD....one of the best lines ever.....however, I can't think of an ECAC official SA could use that on. It does not appear any of them like donuts!:)

I bet I could hold out a Tim Horton's bag of doughnuts from Section 33 and see 8 eyes light up.

engineerhockeyfan
02-13-2011, 10:39 AM
and that is why Stewart will go to his grave defending them based on his first hand experience on the job.

And that is the problem with officiating in all sports. It is a very difficult job. And people make mistakes. But nobody ever says in public that an official made a mistake. I just doesn't happen. They are not gods. They should be held responsible for their actions in public where their mistakes are made. An official whos mistake costs a team a game should have his decision overturned. Even if it is discovered after the game ends.
I don't think that an official should be fired for a mistake, but if he makes many of the same mistakes, someone should look at the record and make the appropriate decision on his competency.
As a fan, I know that I see things differently when they pertain to RPI and sometimes I see penalties where none occur. But the officials do make mistakes and like a player who costs his team a goal with poor play, he should be benched.
Stewart and all supervisors of officials will always protect their employees, and they think that it is for the integrity of the game, but it is just for the protection of the officials. Lets celebrate the great officials, and there are some and send the ineffective ones down for more seasoning just as the player are. :rolleyes:

AspyDad
02-13-2011, 10:50 AM

How about we start with anybody but Paul Stewart.

Wholin1
02-13-2011, 10:51 AM
Not really looking to defend the officials per se, but it's a tough way to make $158.00.

olmerd
02-13-2011, 11:04 AM
Not really looking to defend the officials per se, but it's a tough way to make $158.00.

Over $60 an hour to be completely incompetent? That doesn't sound like a bad gig.