Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

Originally posted by RKarger View Post
    The player I saw on cructches getting on the bus wasn't York, I think, which is my mistake. He definitely was favoring a leg on the ice, which is why I assumed the player in the dark on crutches was him, but it was much more likely Bergin. Sorry for misinformation. At Princeton York was walking around and looking okay, and Bergin was on crutches and this time I am 100% sure who was who. Again, sorry for the incorrect post before.
    talking with York at PU he had no crutches...Bergin did but they were leaning against the seats (while he stood), said he was almost positive he'ld play this weekend...Halpern will try skating again this week...CJ still a question mark
    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by GRussinko View Post
      Just noticed USCHO has a photo gallery up from yesterday's game: http://www.uscho.com/photos/2011/02/...-at-princeton/

I'm partial to #55 and #82 myself, which show our little group of fans in section 102.
      I have clicked on the link in this post, as well as the link on USCHO's D-I Men page, and all I see is the name of the photographer, an advertisement for Dish Network, and a link to the box score for the game. I see no photos, nor any link to any photos.

Can Grussinko or anybody else explain what I need to do in order to actually look at the photos?

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
        I have clicked on the link in this post, as well as the link on USCHO's D-I Men page, and all I see is the name of the photographer, an advertisement for Dish Network, and a link to the box score for the game. I see no photos, nor any link to any photos.

Can Grussinko or anybody else explain what I need to do in order to actually look at the photos?
        Perhaps either the photos site has been blocked at your location, or you do not have Flash on your machine. Works fine for me, even with Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          Perhaps either the photos site has been blocked at your location, or you do not have Flash on your machine. Works fine for me, even with Linux.
          Works fine here too.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Works for me and I usually have no clue what I am doing.
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
              If he is now reported as having a concussion-why were there reports after the game that he was on crutches and favoring a leg? That is an odd presentation for a head injury. If it was a concussion-they are among the most nebulous of medical problems to evaluate and predict. As doctors we throw the term around rather loosely-and we now have all sorts of criteria and categories-but honestly-we really do not have a good handle on what they are, how and why they occur, and how they clear up. We can only hope this was just a minor blip for Alan and he can get back quickly into having what could amount to an All American year.
              Doc, you can speak to the neurological nature of a concussion better than I ever could; but this is the second time I know of this happening. Afew years ago a boy we were watching got hammered against the boards, came up, and couldn't put weight on his leg...we all said it was his knee. Turns out he had a very serious concussion and the doctors told the player's mom that his leg nerve had a momentary impingement. If Allen's head is very badly injured, could that be the explanation for the crutches?

Comment

Originally posted by babo View Post
                Doc, you can speak to the neurological nature of a concussion better than I ever could; but this is the second time I know of this happening. Afew years ago a boy we were watching got hammered against the boards, came up, and couldn't put weight on his leg...we all said it was his knee. Turns out he had a very serious concussion and the doctors told the player's mom that his leg nerve had a momentary impingement. If Allen's head is very badly injured, could that be the explanation for the crutches?
                Without delving into the medical implications, factually that scenario would bely the multiple reports which came out indicating that York's concussion is "minor" (as far as these things go).

And, perhaps I did not read this correctly, but I thought that we figured out that York was, in fact, not on crutches at all?
                Last edited by knsmith; 02-07-2011, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Polls are out; we go up to 8th?!?! http://www.uscho.com/rankings/d-i-mens-poll/

Looks like Michigan had such a bad go-at-it this past weekend against Miami that their dropping propelled us up.

Comment

Looks like Michigan had such a bad go-at-it this past weekend against Miami that their dropping propelled us up.
                    Union is the first team to 20 wins. Yuck!
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      Could be worse, could be a team to the north...

Comment

We also remain in 8th in the USA Today poll. Interesting tidbit: the USA Today Top 15 and the USCHO Top 15 are identical this week.
                        APBWiki

Comment

Does anyone know if a team photo is available yet? It seems to be comeing out later each year recently.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

In 30 games! If we sweep this weekend we tie that. Yale and BC will certainly do it in less while UMD, UNH and Merrimack could also get to 20 before 30 (though not both UNH and Mack).

Comment

Does anyone know if a team photo is available yet? It seems to be comeing out later each year recently.
                              We'll just use the on-ice ECAC championship celebration photo this year.

Comment

You may need Flash installed/enabled to see the pictures on that page. Try this link: http://uscho.photoshelter.com/galler...0000WHxHcdNabo

Comment

Working...
                                X