Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    That sounds like a real estate agent's description of a slum.
    It is just an incredible place to watch a game-you are right on the ice and there really are no bad seats. It is loud and freezing cold-as hockey should be seen. My big complaint is the sound system. In all the years of watching games there (35 I think) I have never been able to make out what the announcer has said. You would think a school with the endowment the size of theirs, they could have a better sound system.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

CP has slowly been creeping up in the Senior Class award http://www.seniorclassaward.com/vote/hockey_2010-11/. He is now up to 11%.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Has there been any indication of York's availability for this weekends games?
        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
        Benjamin Franklin
        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
        Gary Player

Comment

CP has slowly been creeping up in the Senior Class award http://www.seniorclassaward.com/vote/hockey_2010-11/. He is now up to 11%.
          What I cannot understand is how he is not moving up in the Hobey Baker voting? he has been stuck at 19% forever-even with all of us on here urging the vote for him. Splitting our vote between 2 candidates is just not wise. I realize the vote counts diddley squat-but psychologically it would be nice to see him at the top. He certainly deserves it.

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
            Has there been any indication of York's availability for this weekends games?
            If he is now reported as having a concussion-why were there reports after the game that he was on crutches and favoring a leg? That is an odd presentation for a head injury. If it was a concussion-they are among the most nebulous of medical problems to evaluate and predict. As doctors we throw the term around rather loosely-and we now have all sorts of criteria and categories-but honestly-we really do not have a good handle on what they are, how and why they occur, and how they clear up. We can only hope this was just a minor blip for Alan and he can get back quickly into having what could amount to an All American year.
            Last edited by DrDemento; 02-07-2011, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
              It is just an incredible place to watch a game-you are right on the ice and there really are no bad seats. It is loud and freezing cold-as hockey should be seen. My big complaint is the sound system. In all the years of watching games there (35 I think) I have never been able to make out what the announcer has said. You would think a school with the endowment the size of theirs, they could have a better sound system.
              Dr. D, it was nice to meet you, as well as EHF, Turk, and GRussinko at the game on Saturday.

I agree that the sound system could stand improvement, although I was able to hear the announcer well enough to understand that he stated Polacek's goal, Fedun's goal, and Rabbani's second goal were all unassisted. Apparently they don't have real good communications between the official scorer and the PA announcer, either, because the box score here on USCHO shows that there were two assists credited on all three of those goals.

Of course, the box score also shows that the building in which we watched that game is named AMSOIL Arena.

Maybe Princeton sold the naming rights to get more money to improve the sound system.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                Dr. D, it was nice to meet you, as well as EHF, Turk, and GRussinko at the game on Saturday.

I agree that the sound system could stand improvement, although I was able to hear the announcer well enough to understand that he stated Polacek's goal, Fedun's goal, and Rabbani's second goal were all unassisted. Apparently they don't have real good communications between the official scorer and the PA announcer, either, because the box score here on USCHO shows that there were two assists credited on all three of those goals.

Of course, the box score also shows that the building in which we watched that game is named AMSOIL Arena.

Maybe Princeton sold the naming rights to get more money to improve the sound system.
                Kurt noted, while he was picking the offensive and defensive Engineer of the Game, that he was handed a piece of paper stating the assists that were added to practically every goal.

Comment

Hockey's Future, January College Prospects Notebook writeup on Allen York:

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...ebook_january/

Another goaltender that is backstopping his team up the league standings and polls is RPI junior Allen York (CBJ). The Engineers currently sit in fourth place in the ECAC, and like Merrimack, have a vastly improved and stingy defense as well, thanks in part to the stellar goaltending of York. RPI sports the nation's third-best defense that is allowing an average of 2.04 goals per game.

The Wetaskiwin, AB native has played in 25 games to date, posting a record of 16-6-3 that includes two shutouts. York's 1.86 goals against average currently ranks third in the nation, while his .932 save percentage ranks seventh. His 16 wins, goals against average, save percentage and minutes played (1512:33) leads all NHL-drafted goaltenders.

York's best month thus far was January, where he went 6-2. His most brilliant weekend performance of the season took place on January 28/29th. During the weekend, York posted a 36-save, 3-0 shutout win over Brown and followed it up with a 38-save, 5-2 win over then-top-ranked Yale the following night. The effort also earned York his third ECAC Goaltender of the Week honor as well.

His ability to consistently step up at crucial times and giving his team a chance to win every night have been two of the most notable aspects of York's game this season. And like Cannata, York has also shown that he can be poised and calm under pressure as well.

Comment

If he is now reported as having a concussion-why were there reports after the game that he was on crutches and favoring a leg? That is an odd presentation for a head injury. If it was a concussion-they are among the most nebulous of medical problems to evaluate and predicit. As doctors we throw the term around rather loosely-and we now have all sorts of criteria and categories-but honestly-we really do not have a good handle on what they are, how and why they occur, and how they clear up. We can only hope this was just a minor blip for Alan and he can get back quickly into having what could amount to an All American year.
                    I was wondering about the crutches and concussion. It seemed quite odd to me too.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

What I cannot understand is how he is not moving up in the Hobey Baker voting? he has been stuck at 19% forever-even with all of us on here urging the vote for him. Splitting our vote between 2 candidates is just not wise. I realize the vote counts diddley squat-but psychologically it would be nice to see him at the top. He certainly deserves it.
                      I assume that most of the votes are from people who have voted many many times at the same time, not from single votes. Basically this is a popularity contest because it counts 1% of the total. OTOH, the voting for CP for the Senior Class Award counts for 1/3 of the total and thus is significant and IMHO worth the effort.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I was wondering about the crutches and concussion. It seemed quite odd to me too.
                        I would assume it is because he had to have some way to remain balanced.

Comment

INCH power rankings are out, and it looks like RPI and Union traded spots. It's not surprising given we had 3 points and they had 4. It looks like a bunch of rank pods around the rankings.

I believe the PWR shows us at 7th, although we have now lost a comparison to WMU and Union. Cornell is now a TUC (probably where the Union loss came from), but RIT is also now a TUC, which makes up for Niagara dropping out. It's much more imperative for the Capital District to get an 8-point weekend (or at least 4 from Cornell, Union/Colgate not all so much), and try to drop Cornell off the TUC cliff.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            I would assume it is because he had to have some way to remain balanced.
                            The player I saw on cructches getting on the bus wasn't York, I think, which is my mistake. He definitely was favoring a leg on the ice, which is why I assumed the player in the dark on crutches was him, but it was much more likely Bergin. Sorry for misinformation. At Princeton York was walking around and looking okay, and Bergin was on crutches and this time I am 100% sure who was who. Again, sorry for the incorrect post before.

Comment

Originally posted by RKarger View Post
                              The player I saw on cructches getting on the bus wasn't York, I think, which is my mistake. He definitely was favoring a leg on the ice, which is why I assumed the player in the dark on crutches was him, but it was much more likely Bergin. Sorry for misinformation. At Princeton York was walking around and looking okay, and Bergin was on crutches and this time I am 100% sure who was who. Again, sorry for the incorrect post before.
                              Thanks for the update-I too saw Bergin at Princeton and he was indeed the one with the injury to his leg. He looks like he is raring to get back and most likely will be in the line up next weekend.

Comment

We are 3-0-1 in the last 4 games an have basically given up close to or above 40 shots in each of these games. Even if most of the shots are coming from out at the point-this may be of some concern(Princeton's 2nd goal was a clean blast from the point). We do seem to be giving up a rather high number of shots especially later on in the games. Perhaps this may even be part of our strategy in games that we take the lead?

Comment

Working...
                                X