Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
    I mean no disrespect to you and the good stuff you post on here, but that statement was not meant to be a statement of fact. Just a comment on how each year the league seems to end up with that happening in the last few weeks. Probably should have started my comment out stating it was not actually a fact based statement. Oh well either way I will enjoy Kurt or whoever is calling the games describe where the rest of the league could finish if this plays out in (once again not a fact based statement) 5 or more different situations.
    I know that you didn't mean that as a statement of fact and were commenting more on the tightness of the standings, but the opportunity to "plug" my thread was there, so I wanted to put it out there. By the way, I absolutely agree with your assessment on the nature of the ECAC where everything seems to come down to the last week or so.
    Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
      And what about when he has help? Jones came in low and tried to get back out above the crease but couldn't because of the defender. As a matter of fact, I'm not sure that the defender didn't get a piece of York as well.

If it had been intentional I'd agree with you but it was a clean collision with 3 players in very close proximity to each other.
      You miss understand me...not saying he did it on purpose and Im sure he's a great kid...the Q is a nice clean program and does a real good job.Im not even saying we haven't done the same thing because we have...all Im saying is the Goaltender is like a quaterback in football there is a code and when you take him out(and injure him to boot) regardless of the circumstances the code MUST be followed to let people know this willl not be tolorated.As our great coach say's often this is a game for Men not Boy's and this is all part of Man(ing) up.Its not personal its part of the game.If anyone doesn't like it may I suggest Billiards on ESPN.This is what makes Hockey and rematches in particular the most exciting game on the planet !Good luck the rest of the season if RPI doesn't go all the way I can assure the Q is one of the teams I could actually root for.(love those uniforms)
      What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
        I know that you didn't mean that as a statement of fact and were commenting more on the tightness of the standings, but the opportunity to "plug" my thread was there, so I wanted to put it out there. By the way, I absolutely agree with your assessment on the nature of the ECAC where everything seems to come down to the last week or so.
        Didnt even see your thread before I made my post...sorry. I checked it out after and it made my head spin, I can only imagine what yours is like. Keep up the good work.
        Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Just noticed USCHO has a photo gallery up from yesterday's game: http://www.uscho.com/photos/2011/02/...-at-princeton/

I'm partial to #55 and #82 myself, which show our little group of fans in section 102.
          APBWiki

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
            Didnt even see your thread before I made my post...sorry. I checked it out after and it made my head spin, I can only imagine what yours is like. Keep up the good work.
            All I know is that the top three better keep a close eye on Cornell, I thought that team was dead in the water and they have slowly but surely crept back into contention. Nice work on your thread Burgie!
            YALE HOCKEY
            2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
              All I know is that the top three better keep a close eye on Cornell, I thought that team was dead in the water and they have slowly but surely crept back into contention. Nice work on your thread Burgie!
              I thought the same thing. Makes their trip to the Capital District this weekend quite interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidSec17 View Post
                I thought the same thing. Makes their trip to the Capital District this weekend quite interesting.
                And their final game is at Ingalls, somehow I think that game may have some major implications on the ECAC season as well. I am torn about which of the contending teams I would rather see win up your way this weekend. A Colgate sweep would be nice
                YALE HOCKEY
                2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                  Cornell remaining games give them a chance to make or break. At Yale #1 at Union #2 at RPI #3 currently and Dartmouth. Brown away is not easy either didn't they lose to them at home? Tying SLU with 15 seconds left and winning in ot (PPG) at home does not bode well imo. What a swing that would have been if SLU held on. You could say some of their wins were against easier opponents that they will not play again in regular season.

Comment

Originally posted by GRussinko View Post
                    Just noticed USCHO has a photo gallery up from yesterday's game: http://www.uscho.com/photos/2011/02/...-at-princeton/

I'm partial to #55 and #82 myself, which show our little group of fans in section 102.
                    Also a couple of nice pictures, #75 and #79, of the maintenance crew trying to fix the ice.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      Also a couple of nice pictures, #75 and #79, of the maintenance crew trying to fix the ice.
                      It was amazing how much trouble they had with the ice at the end of the game. I've never seen the red line physically get dug up through the ice and stick out as a tripping hazard. The first attempted fix involved trying to pack snow into the area and freeze it with the fire extinguisher. This lasted until the first line change when all the snow came right back loose and re-exposed the red line.

The second fix involved pouring water on the packed snow and then freezing that, and ended up holding til the end of the game.

The zamboni driver also missed a 2-3 inch patch of ice along the boards each time he resurfaced, which didn't help things much. The benches are also directly adjacent to each other at Baker with no space between (the timekeeper is on the far side with the penalty boxes) so there was a ton of traffic at center ice beating up the ice there. It caused issues with line changes several times as there physically wasn't enough room for both teams' players to get to the bench due to the proximity of the two teams.
                      APBWiki

Comment

GR-Baker rink is a quaint old place. Line changes can be like a chinese fire drill and the officials could call too many men on the ice almost any time they wish. There were at least 2 instances where we felt they missed that call-once on each team. Overall, however, I was pleasantly surprised at Dell and company. Now if only the linesmen can figure out how to drop the puck without throwing guys out of the face off circle.
                        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

It was amazing how much trouble they had with the ice at the end of the game. I've never seen the red line physically get dug up through the ice and stick out as a tripping hazard. The first attempted fix involved trying to pack snow into the area and freeze it with the fire extinguisher. This lasted until the first line change when all the snow came right back loose and re-exposed the red line.

The second fix involved pouring water on the packed snow and then freezing that, and ended up holding til the end of the game.

The zamboni driver also missed a 2-3 inch patch of ice along the boards each time he resurfaced, which didn't help things much. The benches are also directly adjacent to each other at Baker with no space between (the timekeeper is on the far side with the penalty boxes) so there was a ton of traffic at center ice beating up the ice there. It caused issues with line changes several times as there physically wasn't enough room for both teams' players to get to the bench due to the proximity of the two teams.
                          Kurt Stutt on WRPI seemd quite "amused" with the red line actually getting cut up. I had not realized that they used decals for the lines. I had thought that they painted the concrete.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                            GR-Baker rink is a quaint old place.
                            That sounds like a real estate agent's description of a slum.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              Kurt Stutt on WRPI seemd quite "amused" with the red line actually getting cut up. I had not realized that they used decals for the lines. I had thought that they painted the concrete.
                              From what I can recall, the more typical approach is to lay down a thin layer of ice on the concrete, then lay down the white base with a mix of white paint and water, then paint the lines on that. After all the lines are painted then they would lay down the heavier top layer of ice (about an inch thick I think).

This allows them to reconfigure the ice and lines (removing all logos for example, or putting down a solid white sheet without lines for figure skating competitions) without having to take paint off the concrete. Just melt it down and wash the paint out with the water.
                              APBWiki

Comment

From what I can recall, the more typical approach is to lay down a thin layer of ice on the concrete, then lay down the white base with a mix of white paint and water, then paint the lines on that. After all the lines are painted then they would lay down the heavier top layer of ice (about an inch thick I think).

This allows them to reconfigure the ice and lines (removing all logos for example, or putting down a solid white sheet without lines for figure skating competitions) without having to take paint off the concrete. Just melt it down and wash the paint out with the water.
                                That's the way it has been described when I have seen it done on TV. The delay last night did not hurt us but you never know what that kind of delay can do to your momentum.
                                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Working...
                                X