Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    Just back from Princeton(had to stop for a little celebration after this one). First-met the greatest fans in the world-the RPI contingent we had in section 124 was phenomenal-EHF, Turk, Waite, GRussinko-all astute and loyal fans. RPI fans out numbered the Princeton fans and the band was in great form.
    Second-Merriam in the first period was just effing outstanding. He made several good and great saves-but he made 2 spectacular goal saving saves that had to be seen to be believed. Princeton came out hard and forechecked with 3 men relentlessly. We made several turnovers in our own zone(my only complaint from tonight-it seems our defense waves the puck out of the zone in an attempted pass when sometimes you just have to shoot it out hard). Really getting through the first without giving a goal up was the key.
    The second period was just incredibly exciting and we got to see one of the rare events in hockey-a penalty shot that was just a beauty to behold. We felt pretty safe up 3-0 heading into the third but we never do anything easily. Give Princeton credit as they just kept coming and you could not fault Merriam on either goal. The first on a missed clear by us and the second from the point that he was screened so well he never saw it coming.
    Princeton is a good, fast, somewhat big team that plays incredibly clean-they took 3 penalties and deserved no more than that. We took 7 by my count and Dell could have whistled us for at least 2 or 3 more that we sort of got away with. We will have to find a way to play teams like this without taking so many penalties-we did not get burned today but you just cannot count on that all the time.
    Considering who was not out there tonight for us-we played an extremely good road game. This is a very good team and when totally healthy may be far better than that. Number 1 star tonight though belongs to Bryce. He stepped up big time.
    Got to spend a little time chatting with coach SA. he is the most gracious man. Jenny and i had a blast with the little time we had with him.
    Now to go see how the rest of the league is doing tonight and see if we can move up in the standings at all.
    Doc, I saw the game exactly as you did, so I won't add to anything you said. I would like to say what a pleasure it was to meet you and Jenny and the rest of the RPI fans in our area. It almost felt like a home game.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin
    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
    Gary Player

Comment

Congratulations go to Colgate, for its first league win this year! And to make it even sweeter, the Raiders earn it against Clarkson! That will certainly help keep the Golden Knights out of the TUC list for a bit.

Too bad SLU & Quinny couldn't hold on for the upsets as well. The league standings are getting awfully tight...
      Proud founder of the First Church of RPI Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by hawthr View Post
        Congratulations go to Colgate, for its first league win this year! And to make it even sweeter, the Raiders earn it against Clarkson! That will certainly help keep the Golden Knights out of the TUC list for a bit.

Too bad SLU & Quinny couldn't hold on for the upsets as well. The league standings are getting awfully tight...
        We are almost upon the point in the season where each team can finish between 2nd and 12th depending on how things go each night... I see another stressful final saturday night of following scores to decide who goes where for the playoffs and who gets home ice.
        Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Super effort from the boys tonight! Just got in from the trip tp PU and would like to add what a great weekend it was meeting; Babo, Dr.D, ehf,waite21...somehow I missed GRussinko, sorry bout that. Mega dittos to Bryce for an excellent game. Some of his saves were pure, "Yorkess". Hope to see Bergin & CJ back in the lineup this weekend and of course AY. But at least we can breathe easier after the game Bryce had.
          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Looks like I need to stay away more often, the boys play better. Anyways, I found this on D'Amigo. I wonder what he's thinking right now.

http://sports.yahoo.com/juniorhockey...rhockey-316693
            Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
              Doc, I saw the game exactly as you did, so I won't add to anything you said. I would like to say what a pleasure it was to meet you and Jenny and the rest of the RPI fans in our area. It almost felt like a home game.
              The next time our game at Princeton falls on a Friday night, I've got to go... sounds like it's where our fans (and a lot of our posters) turn up.

Also, thanks to ServinisScores for the link re: Jerry D'Amigo... if you read a little further down in the article, there's another link that speaks of JDA's debut with Kitchener and a story about Louis LeBlanc and his adjustment to major junior after his year at Harvard.
              Last edited by fr joe; 02-05-2011, 10:36 PM.
              Here we come!

Comment

Apparently CJ sprained his shoulder in practice this week, hence the reason he didn't play this weekend. He's considered day-to-day.
                Proud founder of the First Church of RPI Hockey

Comment

It's been mentioned before, but no RPI coach has ever won the ECAC CoTY award.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                    We are almost upon the point in the season where each team can finish between 2nd and 12th depending on how things go each night...
                    I would disagree with that assessment. For those of you that don't want to read through all of that... Yale and Union are already assured home-ice. Harvard and Colgate cannot finish in the top 6. The Raiders just kept their bid for home-ice alive with their win tonight.
                    Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Does anyone, especially those who attended either game, have an opinion of how Josh Rabbani fit in with CP and TH, and whether he should stay there when Lee returns? It certainly helped his scoring on Saturday.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Ed Weaver's game article http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...mode=fullstory.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          Does anyone, especially those who attended either game, have an opinion of how Josh Rabbani fit in with CP and TH, and whether he should stay there when Lee returns? It certainly helped his scoring on Saturday.
                          Rabbani looked like a different player . He had so much more control and confidence. His power play goal to make it 4-2 and essentially clinch the game was a beauty. He got the pass moving in from the blue line and skated to between the face off circles and let fly a shot that was rising up over the goalies glove and just plain flat out beat him. I have always felt Josh has the talent but was not the finisher. Last night-he finished twice and was a mjor offensive threat. From where I sat, he fit itn just perfect and made the chemistry between Chase and Tyler even a little better (not that it needs any help).
                          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            Weaver's description of the Rabbani second goal was not correct-his shot came from about 12 feet out betwen the two face off circle and was a rising bullet that just beat Bonar over the glove. We all looked at each other and wondered where did that thing come from? It was just quick and accurate and the goalie was a tad slow at getting his glove up high enough.
                            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                              I would disagree with that assessment. For those of you that don't want to read through all of that... Yale and Union are already assured home-ice. Harvard and Colgate cannot finish in the top 6. The Raiders just kept their bid for home-ice alive with their win tonight.
                              I mean no disrespect to you and the good stuff you post on here, but that statement was not meant to be a statement of fact. Just a comment on how each year the league seems to end up with that happening in the last few weeks. Probably should have started my comment out stating it was not actually a fact based statement. Oh well either way I will enjoy Kurt or whoever is calling the games describe where the rest of the league could finish if this plays out in (once again not a fact based statement) 5 or more different situations.
                              Last edited by fishcore12; 02-06-2011, 08:37 AM.
                              Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                                Rabbani looked like a different player . He had so much more control and confidence. His power play goal to make it 4-2 and essentially clinch the game was a beauty. He got the pass moving in from the blue line and skated to between the face off circles and let fly a shot that was rising up over the goalies glove and just plain flat out beat him. I have always felt Josh has the talent but was not the finisher. Last night-he finished twice and was a mjor offensive threat. From where I sat, he fit itn just perfect and made the chemistry between Chase and Tyler even a little better (not that it needs any help).
                                And let's not forget his big goal during the Freakout. He took his time in front of the net and Rondeau committed early and was down and out. I feel like Rabbani has always had the skill, now maybe (hopefully) he's finding the consistency. Three goals in three games.

Comment

Working...
                                X