Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

What's the ECS for tonight's ECAC games (considering both PWR and ECAC standings)?

I would say (in order of importance):

SLU over Cornell
    Colgate over Clarkson
    Yale over Dartmouth
    Union over Q-pac (but there are obvious benefits from either team winning)

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
      Keen observation my friend. This speaks to the bias that I speak of. Comm. Hagwell's treatment of our great coach has been appalling IME. Also, some in the print media have not been fair to him either. Alas, I digress. Coach is doing a wonderful job and is building something we haven't seen in Troy in a long time.
      I agree that the suspension was dubious (at best). However, your statement implies that something else has happened as well. Can you elaborate?

Comment

Originally posted by knsmith View Post
        What's the ECS for tonight's ECAC games (considering both PWR and ECAC standings)?....
        I look forward to the day when you resume speaking english...
        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

What's the ECS for tonight's ECAC games (considering both PWR and ECAC standings)?

I would say (in order of importance):

SLU over Cornell
          Colgate over Clarkson
          Yale over Dartmouth
          Union over Q-pac (but there are obvious benefits from either team winning)
          Cheering section was a little off, FYI. From WaP:

Colgate over Clarkson
          Dartmouth over Yale
          St. Lawrence over Cornell
          Quinnipiac over Union

I'd agree SLU over Cornell is the biggest, as yesterday's win put them in as a TUC.

This mimics what is best for us in the league as well, save for the Dart/Yale game (and that is debatable).
          Proud founder of the First Church of RPI Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by hawthr View Post

Colgate over Clarkson
            Dartmouth over Yale
            Quinnipiac over Union

I'd agree SLU over Cornell is the biggest, as yesterday's win put them in as a TUC.

This mimics what is best for us in the league as well, save for the Dart/Yale game (and that is debatable).
            I thought WAP was only considering PWR?

Comment

Yale vs Dartmouth is on The YES network.

Comment

I thought WAP was only considering PWR?
                That is correct, but if you look at the picks, they pretty much mirror what the picks would be for ECAC standings. Keep Clarkson, Cornell & Union down.
                Proud founder of the First Church of RPI Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by hawthr View Post

Colgate over Clarkson
                  Dartmouth over Yale
                  Quinnipiac over Union

I would prefer Union over Q for ECAC standings. Two reasons: we are in a better tiebreaker situation with Union right now, and there is absolutely no difference, really, between 2nd and 3rd place (save for getting last line change in the AC semifinals).

Comment

Impressive win by Seth's young men. Barring a huge collapse, I believe that Seth Appert is hands down Coach of the Year.
                    Respectfully -- its entirely too early for such a discussion, IMO. Leaman is certainly on the short list...having a remarkable year with, arguably, fewer high profile players...not to mention fewer institutional resources. Don't get me wrong, Seth has my vote and he's definitely on the short list, but its not a runaway race, IMO.
                    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

I agree that the suspension was dubious (at best). However, your statement implies that something else has happened as well. Can you elaborate?
                      kns, I think their is a general bias there. I think putting Bryan Hicks on another RPI game during the year has been a poke in the eye after the Union debacle (see Harvard at HFH). The suspension was compounding a mistake, the amount of penalties called on RPI, etc. My issues with some in the print media have been well documented. To bring the focus back to our great coach, today he won with his backup goalie and key injuries, he's been doing this all year and it speaks to his preparation and yes he does it the right way in a league that is known for the trap.
                      "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                        First off, I hope York is ok. It was a hard hit and he fell to ice motionless for several seconds. It was clear he was in great pain as he was helped to the bench and then the locker room. Regardless of who the opposition is, I hate to see kids go down like that....It was in no way a malicious hit....
                        Classly post, thanks ME. At the end of the day, you want the games settled with all your kids on the ice.

I have to say that the WRPI broadcast made no mention of anything nefarious with the collision/ injury. I followed the Jones brothers in Jr's and they strike me as kids any coach would love to have on their team. If anything, he was guilty of trying to bury a puck...exactly what you want your forwards to do.

Its a contact sport and goalies are often hit in awkward positions thanks to their concentration on the puck.

I'm PO'd Allen is hurt, but lets not muddy a kid up for scrapping for a puck.
                        Get well soon Allen.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                          Respectfully -- its entirely too early for such a discussion, IMO. Leaman is certainly on the short list...having a remarkable year with, arguably, fewer high profile players...not to mention fewer institutional resources. Don't get me wrong, Seth has my vote and he's definitely on the short list, but its not a runaway race, IMO.
                          I always respect your well educated takes. I think Nate got it last year and yes it is early but if Seth keeps it going he should defintely be on the short list. Nate has the prototypical ECAC trap team that is good in the league but not so good out of it or in the toruney. I believe the totality of the advesity that Seth has weathered makes him the choice if he keeps winning.
                          "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            How the hell do your write a story like that and not at least mention what the injury is, or at least mention that the coach refused to comment on the nature of the injury...at least demonstrate to people that you did in fact ask the question. Journalism 101....awful.

Comment

I always respect your well educated takes. I think Nate got it last year and yes it is early but if Seth keeps it going he should defintely be on the short list. Nate has the prototypical ECAC trap team that is good in the league but not so good out of it or in the toruney. I believe the totality of the advesity that Seth has weathered makes him the choice if he keeps winning.
                              Give me a couple of weeks, I'll be right there with you...

Comment

Just back from Princeton(had to stop for a little celebration after this one). First-met the greatest fans in the world-the RPI contingent we had in section 124 was phenomenal-EHF, Turk, Waite, GRussinko-all astute and loyal fans. RPI fans out numbered the Princeton fans and the band was in great form.
                                Second-Merriam in the first period was just effing outstanding. He made several good and great saves-but he made 2 spectacular goal saving saves that had to be seen to be believed. Princeton came out hard and forechecked with 3 men relentlessly. We made several turnovers in our own zone(my only complaint from tonight-it seems our defense waves the puck out of the zone in an attempted pass when sometimes you just have to shoot it out hard). Really getting through the first without giving a goal up was the key.
                                The second period was just incredibly exciting and we got to see one of the rare events in hockey-a penalty shot that was just a beauty to behold. We felt pretty safe up 3-0 heading into the third but we never do anything easily. Give Princeton credit as they just kept coming and you could not fault Merriam on either goal. The first on a missed clear by us and the second from the point that he was screened so well he never saw it coming.
                                Princeton is a good, fast, somewhat big team that plays incredibly clean-they took 3 penalties and deserved no more than that. We took 7 by my count and Dell could have whistled us for at least 2 or 3 more that we sort of got away with. We will have to find a way to play teams like this without taking so many penalties-we did not get burned today but you just cannot count on that all the time.
                                Considering who was not out there tonight for us-we played an extremely good road game. This is a very good team and when totally healthy may be far better than that. Number 1 star tonight though belongs to Bryce. He stepped up big time.
                                Got to spend a little time chatting with coach SA. he is the most gracious man. Jenny and i had a blast with the little time we had with him.
                                Now to go see how the rest of the league is doing tonight and see if we can move up in the standings at all.
                                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Working...
                                X