Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    He certainly wouldn't be the first to wear a letter in his second season, a matter of fact, at least once, there has been a cocaptain in his first year. That would be the late Dale Watson who wore a C in 66-67 in his soph season when freshmen weren't eligible to play on the varsity. There were extenuating circumstance due to the fact that the junior and senior classes had very little talent because of no recruiting for two years,
    RPI hockey fan since freshman year 1963. Dale Watson and freshman team was exciting to watch. Very good team that it was said was too good to scrimage the varsity.

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
      It sounds like York got run over in the crease
      First off, I hope York is ok. It was a hard hit and he fell to ice motionless for several seconds. It was clear he was in great pain as he was helped to the bench and then the locker room. Regardless of who the opposition is, I hate to see kids go down like that.

If he was run in the crease, there should at least have been an arguement.
      It was in no way a malicious hit. Jones was coming hard and fast with the puck and had a defender glued to him. As he cut across the front of the crease it looked like there was contact from the defender that sandwiched York between Jones and the post. York was moving from his left to his right to protect the net and ran out of real estate in a hurry. Unfortunate, yes... intentional, no.
      Quinnipiac Bobcats
      2023 National Champions
      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
      ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
      East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
      Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
      Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
      Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RPI67 View Post
        RPI hockey fan since freshman year 1963. Dale Watson and freshman team was exciting to watch. Very good team that it was said was too good to scrimage the varsity.
        Good to have you aboard. I go back to those years as well. Hope you add some old time RPI perspective on here. We need all those references we can get-those who ignore the mistakes of history are doomed to repeat them! Let's Go Red!!
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
          First off, I hope York is ok. It was a hard hit and he fell to ice motionless for several seconds. It was clear he was in great pain as he was helped to the bench and then the locker room. Regardless of who the opposition is, I hate to see kids go down like that.

It was in no way a malicious hit. Jones was coming hard and fast with the puck and had a defender glued to him. As he cut across the front of the crease it looked like there was contact from the defender that sandwiched York between Jones and the post. York was moving from his left to his right to protect the net and ran out of real estate in a hurry. Unfortunate, yes... intentional, no.
          Thats why we need to take the face mask off...News flash when an opposing player runs into the goalie its HIS fault...kinda like when somebody runs into your car didn't mean it but his fault...in pro hockey and pre mask those things were and are taken care of on the ice...I believe your goalie has one comming its kinda like when your best hitter is thrown at in baseball....the result is their best hitter gets thrown at....sucks to be them but hey thats the game blame the guy who started it...till we meet again !
          What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I know it's a little late, but I thought I'd add some points from last night game. I sat right at ice level last night in Section 107, so I had a good vantage point for a few key things.

First off - I've never heard such a negative reaction to "Red!" during the national anthem. Apparently the freshman-filled Quinny audience has never had visiting fans in their rink. MadameKai and I's cheer echoed throughout the rink, and then was immediately followed by lots of murmurs, and at least one "that's disrespectful." Started the night off right. We were followed by several wastes of space.

DocD, you might get a little angry with this - you can add another non-called goal to our statistics. Early in the 2nd, when there was a close scrum in front of the net, I could clearly see the puck sweep in the net past the goal line, and then was swept right back out by their goalie. Apparently Malchuk and I were the only two to see this, as immediately after play stopped he had a discussion with the ref, pointing at the goal, pleading his case. That goal could have come in handy.

As for the York injury, he came down hard after being clipped by Quinny's player charging to the net. I didn't notice him favoring one leg as some others did, but I could clearly see his face as he got off the ice. I thought he had a concussion the way he got up - wide-eyed, very dazed.
            Proud founder of the First Church of RPI Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy View Post
              News flash when an opposing player runs into the goalie its HIS fault...
              And what about when he has help? Jones came in low and tried to get back out above the crease but couldn't because of the defender. As a matter of fact, I'm not sure that the defender didn't get a piece of York as well.

I believe your goalie has one comming
              If it had been intentional I'd agree with you but it was a clean collision with 3 players in very close proximity to each other.
              Quinnipiac Bobcats
              2023 National Champions
              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
              ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
              East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
              Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
              Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
              Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

I am devastated by the injury to Allen York. I can't help but be haunted by a conversation the Hubster and I had with some folks at the rink before sitting with turk (it was a blast meeting you...even with that ugly GB jacket... )...the theme of the conversation was the ultimate reliance on Allen. Here is where the team's mettle will be tested...here and now is the time for the boys to step up. Get well fast York and go get 'em Merriman...

Comment

This is RPI's longest unbeaten streak since 2002, when we also went unbeaten in 7 straight (with Marc Cavosie and Matt Murley). That year, we had gotten off to a 3-7-2 start and the streak only got us to 9-7-3. We ultimately ended up with 10 wins, our current total for this year (where we have 6 games remaining, 4 of them at home and none against the top 4 teams).

Comment

Impressive win by Seth's young men. Barring a huge collapse, I believe that Seth Appert is hands down Coach of the Year. The pro signings, the injuries and adversity that he has overcome has been a true measure of his character and coaching ability. His preparation is impeccable. I just hope the bias that some in the ECAC have against him does not hinder his chances for this award.
                    "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by hawthr View Post
                      First off - I've never heard such a negative reaction to "Red!" during the national anthem. Apparently the freshman-filled Quinny audience has never had visiting fans in their rink. MadameKai and I's cheer echoed throughout the rink, and then was immediately followed by lots of murmurs, and at least one "that's disrespectful." Started the night off right. We were followed by several wastes of space.
                      I have.... ironically the time I visited TD at Q-Pac. No complaints at Northford though.

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                        Impressive win by Seth's young men. Barring a huge collapse, I believe that Seth Appert is hands down Coach of the Year. The pro signings, the injuries and adversity that he has overcome has been a true measure of his character and coaching ability. His preparation is impeccable. I just hope the bias that some in the ECAC have against him does not hinder his chances for this award.
                        He probably won't get it because of the suspension.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          Are the awards not voted on by the media?

Comment

Originally posted by knsmith View Post
                            Are the awards not voted on by the media?
                            I'm not entirely sure, but I thought the coaches were involved in some way.

Comment

I'm not entirely sure, but I thought the coaches were involved in some way.
                              Looks like it's voted on by the coaches (or at least the finalists are named by the coaches).
                              Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Keen observation my friend. This speaks to the bias that I speak of. Comm. Hagwell's treatment of our great coach has been appalling IME. Also, some in the print media have not been fair to him either. Alas, I digress. Coach is doing a wonderful job and is building something we haven't seen in Troy in a long time.
                                "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Working...
                                X