Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Jerry was supposed to be an A this year, until he bolted. I'm sure we all remember the photoshop.
    For the record, Jerry made the jump, Pirri bolted.
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

I believe there are other nicknames used by the writer for other schools, such as "Elis", "Larries", "Bruno", etc.
      You forgot CCT and SUNY Ithaca...
      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by fr joe View Post
        Ralph, I caught up with your Belt thread today... and was pleased to see that RPI now holds the ECAC Belt. How long has it been since RPI has held the ECAC Belt and how long since we've held The Belt?
        ECAC Belt: beat Yale 11/06/2009, lost to SLU 11/14/2009.
        The Belt: beat Clarkson 02/13/1998, lost to UVM 02/20/1998
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          ECAC Belt: beat Yale 11/06/2009, lost to SLU 11/14/2009.
          The Belt: beat Clarkson 02/13/1998, lost to UVM 02/20/1998
          Thanks, Ralph
          Here we come!

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
            For the record, Jerry made the jump, Pirri bolted.
            FWIW, Pirri is in the AHL and JD'A is now playing at Kitchener. See the alum thread.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I believe there are other nicknames used by the writer for other schools, such as "Elis", "Larries", "Bruno", etc.
              My comment was really that I never see or read fans of other schools calling RPI "'the Tute". The same may be said of "Bruno". I am not certain. Certainly "Eli" is used in the media. As to "Larries," apparently SLU fans don't like that nickname. (There was a discussion about this over a decade ago on Hockey-L.)
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
                I could argue against Tim Thomas. If he wasn't doing so well with Boston I think he would not have made the list. The entire idea here is publicity and when you've got the probably Vezina winner to boast about you do it. Don't get me wrong... I like Timmy and think he was a great goalie it's just that he never was an all American and since Vermont is no longer in the ECAC I wouldn't have given him the nod over players from current ECAC teams.
                You may be right, but he was a two-time All American, and that seems to be a most important criterium. They list it first in the bios.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Three articles by Ed Weaver:

An article about RPI's games this weekend http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...mode=fullstory.

SA still expects more from the team (what else should he say?) http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...mode=fullstory. Weaver also wonders whether Bailen is eligible for the RoTY. I asked that question on the poll thread here, but I really doubt that he is. He adds that Union's Carr is the leading candidate whether or not Bailen is eligible. I strongly disagree. Carr may have better offensive numbers, but he is a forward. Bailen is a defenseman, and despite his size, he is great at that end of the ice also. JMHO.

A general article about the league http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...mode=fullstory.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...mode=fullstory
                    “Allen will be find [sic] but he’ll be out (today),” RPI head coach Seth Appert said.
                    I wonder when he is expected back.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Impossible to guess-we have no clue what the injury is. I can only hope bryce has had enough practice this year-from what we have seen of him previously he can be very good-but he has had so little game experience this year it is of concern.
                      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

I too wonder when he will be able to play again. But more importantly, do we have a back up for today's game? I doubt if Coupal made the trip, I hope he wasn't out partying last night.
                        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                        Benjamin Franklin
                        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                        Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                          Impossible to guess-we have no clue what the injury is. I can only hope bryce has had enough practice this year-from what we have seen of him previously he can be very good-but he has had so little game experience this year it is of concern.
                          When Pep Band went out to cheer for the team as they got on the bus, York came out on crutches, with his right foot in some sort of brace/cast/thing, which worried me, but when he went up the steps to the bus he didn't use the crutches and he seemed to be putting some weight on both legs. I don't know what his injury is, but I hope he's feeling okay and back on the ice soon.

Comment

had the pleasure of meeting babo & the hubster at last night's QU game. She is a pistol people. Gonna have alot of fun with her in the stands next year. Babo, you just missed Jill last night. She sat in front of me & I told her you were hoping to see her, said she was sorry she missed you.
                            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by RKarger View Post
                              When Pep Band went out to cheer for the team as they got on the bus, York came out on crutches, with his right foot in some sort of brace/cast/thing, which worried me, but when he went up the steps to the bus he didn't use the crutches and he seemed to be putting some weight on both legs. I don't know what his injury is, but I hope he's feeling okay and back on the ice soon.
                              To further reiterate this, when he came off the ice, he was keeping one leg still and basically skating over to the bench with only the other one. Likewise for when he skated over to the locker room area.

As long as it's nothing serious that would keep him out for several weeks, I'm not too worried. Merriam played very well in relief IMO, and was tested almost immediately. If we have another week or two of Bryce while Allen recovers, we should be OK. I want Allen ready for a playoff run.

I was, however, a bit discouraged in a) how the injury occurred and b) how the team still seemed very flat footed AFTER the injury. I was hoping that would pick it up in response to the injury, since it was flat footed play that led to the injury in the first place, and try to help out the backup. Instead, the backup had to bail out the defense with a nice glove save within 30 seconds. The injury happened when a Q forward skated hard around an RPI defensemen (didn't notice who) and then made a hard cut to the net an rammed Yorkie, who was holding the post. The collision was at the other end of the ice from me, so it was tough to see if anything about it was really awkward. It was obvious Allen was in big pain right after, though.

Comment

Originally posted by olmerd View Post
                                To further reiterate this, when he came off the ice, he was keeping one leg still and basically skating over to the bench with only the other one. Likewise for when he skated over to the locker room area.

As long as it's nothing serious that would keep him out for several weeks, I'm not too worried. Merriam played very well in relief IMO, and was tested almost immediately. If we have another week or two of Bryce while Allen recovers, we should be OK. I want Allen ready for a playoff run.

I was, however, a bit discouraged in a) how the injury occurred and b) how the team still seemed very flat footed AFTER the injury. I was hoping that would pick it up in response to the injury, since it was flat footed play that led to the injury in the first place, and try to help out the backup. Instead, the backup had to bail out the defense with a nice glove save within 30 seconds. The injury happened when a Q forward skated hard around an RPI defensemen (didn't notice who) and then made a hard cut to the net an rammed Yorkie, who was holding the post. The collision was at the other end of the ice from me, so it was tough to see if anything about it was really awkward. It was obvious Allen was in big pain right after, though.
                                It sounds like York got run over in the crease, yet Kurt said he didn't see what happened as he was announcing the game. Our goalies get run a lot with no penalties or retribution from our team. We have to change that.
                                This team has to come together and protect its own.
                                I continue to be confused about how the injury happened. If he was run in the crease, there should at least have been an arguement.
                                Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                                Benjamin Franklin
                                The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                                Gary Player

Comment

Working...
                                X