Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
    Just voted, seems like Chase is going to need a lot of help.
    Yeah, the Union people have been stuffing the box.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      Yeah, the Union people have been stuffing the box.
      And it actually counts for 1/3 of the votes as opposed to the Hobey which counts for much less.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

More ballot box stuffing fun, all! Chase Polacek has been nominated for the CLASS award. You know what to do, here's the link:

http://www.seniorclassaward.com/vote/hockey_2010-11/
        OK whizzes-I voted. For Hobey guys-we need to concentrate the votes on one of our guys-I suggest chase since he is the senior but splitting the vote between Chase and Alan is not going to help when we get further along.
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
          OK whizzes-I voted. For Hobey guys-we need to concentrate the votes on one of our guys-I suggest chase since he is the senior but splitting the vote between Chase and Alan is not going to help when we get further along.
          Agreed. Vote for Polacek or neither makes the final cut

Comment

Originally posted by Jasma View Post
            Agreed. Vote for Polacek or neither makes the final cut
            Has anything changed from past years when fan voting counted for all of 1% of the total?
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              Has anything changed from past years when fan voting counted for all of 1% of the total?
              There's no proof either way, but I would assume that it's still just 1%.
              Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                There's no proof either way, but I would assume that it's still just 1%.
                It doesn't seem to say anything specific on the site, just "the results carry a weight in the final selection process of your Hobey finalists and winner". Some blogs say 1%.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

It doesn't seem to say anything specific on the site, just "the results carry a weight in the final selection process of your Hobey finalists and winner". Some blogs say 1%.
                  That's what it was last year (and the year before that?), that's why I'm assuming 1%.
                  Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

7th group of 5 in the ECAC Top 50 http://www.ecachockey.com/men/2010-1...02_No_7_Top_50. No RPI players.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

7th group of 5 in the ECAC Top 50 http://www.ecachockey.com/men/2010-1...02_No_7_Top_50. No RPI players.
                      Can't really argue with any of these selections. Fortunate enough to have seen most play.
                      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Can't really argue with any of these selections. Fortunate enough to have seen most play.
                        Did you mean any of these 5 or any of the 35 to date? I would have thought that you have seen all of these 5 play.

I couldn't argue about this group, but I would about a couple of earlier ones. I guess that I should wait until all 50 have been divulged before complaining about any of them.

I suspect that Brinkworth, Juneau, and Oates will be the only RPI players selected.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

InCH's Hobey tracker http://insidecollegehockey.com/inch/...trackler_0918/

CHASE POLACEK
                          Rensselaer | Sr. | Forward
                          To Date: 26 GP, 16-23–39, 7 PPG, 7 GWG

The Skinny: Chase Polacek moves onto our Big Board this week. Fans will likely remember that he was a top-10 finalist for the Hobey Baker Award last season, and he’s shown no signs of a letdown. The points are there, he’s got 39 points in 26 games for the nationally-ranked Engineers. These aren’t empty points either. When he scores, he makes an impact. RPI is 12-0-1 when Polacek scores at least one goal. RPI is 6-1-0 in its last seven games, and Polacek has seven goals and 14 points in that stretch. He has seven game-winning goals on the year, and recently potted the game-winner in four straight games.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

for what's it worth, Chase is ahead of his scoring pace from last year. After 26 games last year he had 16-19-35. Team record was 13-11-2
                            Last edited by turk181; 02-03-2011, 09:12 AM. Reason: team record
                            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Some love for Chase and Yorkie from Mr. Sullivan: http://www.uscho.com/2011/02/03/pola...es-rensselaer/

EDIT: Add in some love for Joel: http://troyrecord.com/articles/2011/...mode=fullstory
                              Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 02-03-2011, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Some love for Chase and Yorkie from Mr. Sullivan: http://www.uscho.com/2011/02/03/pola...es-rensselaer/

EDIT: Add in some love for Joel: http://troyrecord.com/articles/2011/...mode=fullstory
                                Nice articles.

This may be just me, but it always strikes me as funny when "Mr. Sullivan" refers to RPI as "the 'Tute". To me that is an expression that is usually used only by RPI students, fans, alums, etc. Then again, as an alternative, he could have used RIP, so I shouldn't complain .

It's good to see confirmation that Malchuk expects to return next year.
                                Last edited by Ralph Baer; 02-03-2011, 09:55 AM.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X