Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Let me know what you have in mind, I'll see what I can do with getting 33/44 involved.

It's looking to be a good thing to have the various "factions" scattered across HFH.
    Well, I sit in the same section with the First Church, just a bit further up in the section. My voice is a bit... Loud, so sometimes I'm good to help things catch on. Usually whatever we all start up will catch on quickly.
    R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Ed Weaver article on Polacek and York winning ECAC awards http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...mode=fullstory.

Bergin's leg cut was deeper than previously thought.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
        Well, I sit in the same section with the First Church, just a bit further up in the section. My voice is a bit... Loud, so sometimes I'm good to help things catch on. Usually whatever we all start up will catch on quickly.
        Mine is a bit loud too, and I'm generally able to pick up on what you guys are doing, so I can get those sections into it. It might be a little interesting if some of use get moved over to the library.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
          Completely unrelated to everything else posted-I have tried to calculate and I have come up with the fact that RPI now should have 965 wins in the program history (difficult because some wins in the past may not be considered wins now). We could conceivably hit the coveted 1000 mark in another season (I hope). I would like to see something to mark this occassion when it happens-any ideas of something appropriate? BTW if anyone has a different total please let me know. I also wonder how many programs have hit this mark-I am sure of a few but have not been able to find any list anywhere.
          this was on hockey db not sure when it was last updated though.

Record
          61 Seasons
          (GP-W-L-T-OTL-SOL)
          1778-921-757-100-0-0
          RIT Tigers
          2006-2007, 2008-2009, 2009-2010, 2010-2011 Regular Season Champions
          2010,2015, 2016 Atlantic Hockey Champions

Comment

Originally posted by NYhockeyguy View Post
            this was on hockey db not sure when it was last updated though.

Record
            61 Seasons
            (GP-W-L-T-OTL-SOL)
            1778-921-757-100-0-0
            Thanks-but that has to be either way too old or just missing years. I have tried several ways including adding up the wins listed in the RPI Almanacs. Just not sure which wins to discount as non NCAA wins. I would expect number 1000 to be a big deal for us.
            Last edited by DrDemento; 02-02-2011, 09:33 AM.
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
              I half wondered that myself. On the plus side we'll be able to see the scar when he comes back!

Most of the shins these days wrap almost completely around the leg so I wonder if the cut runs top to bottom rather than across the calf. I'm guessing a top to bottom cut would be better than one that goes across the calf as I should think there is a lot more stress on the muscles in the up and down plane (Z plane) than in a lateral direction. Doc?

JM-basically correct. It all depends on if the muscle is lacerated. If it is just skin-either direction is no big deal but a vertical suture line is under far less tension and heals faster. Stretching of the leg could harm the wound but more so with a horizontal slice as it would put the tension across the wound. If the underling muscle is cut-and I sure hope this is not the case-vertical is also slightly better-but truthfully either direction is bad. Those two heads of the gastrocnemius extend all the way down to the achilles tendon and are responsible for the entire strenghth of the back of the leg. A deep laceration of either head is a lost season at the very least and perhaps a lot more than that. From what little has leaked out-this has to be just skin-Bergin would miss just days with a minor cut and between 10 and 14 days with a deeper one. If this was muscle involved, coach SA would not be talking about his being back in the line up with only 2 weeks healing.
              It is a weird injury-you just dont see cuts there frequently. We sure have had the fluky injuries this year.

Comment

Thanks-but that has to be either way too old or just missing years. I have tried several ways including adding up the wins listed in teh RPI Almanacs. Just not sure which wins to discount as non NCAA wins. I would expect number 1000 to be a big deal for us.
                I think that non-NCAA that were counted at the time would still count. They wouldn't disappear retroactively. Using Kurt Stutt's data http://www.augenblick.org/rpi/h_ryy.html and assuming I made no errors, our record going into this season was 947-830-106. That includes the pre-Harkness era. We have a very good chance of getting to 1000 next season.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  I think that non-NCAA that were counted at the time would still count. They wouldn't disappear retroactively. Using Kurt Stutt's data http://www.augenblick.org/rpi/h_ryy.html and assuming I made no errors, our record going into this season was 947-830-106. That includes the pre-Harkness era. We have a very good chance of getting to 1000 next season.
                  That jibes well with my previous number-with 17 wins so far this year we are at 364. I must have included a victory from the past that was not considered NCAA by Kurt's listings. I am hoping we hit the magic number next year. Would be especially nice if win number 1000 was in a really meaningful game like next year's ECAC Championhip or the NCAA Tournament (I'm just doing a little daydreaming now).

Comment

That jibes well with my previous number-with 17 wins so far this year we are at 364. I must have included a victory from the past that was not considered NCAA by Kurt's listings. I am hoping we hit the magic number next year. Would be especially nice if win number 1000 was in a really meaningful game like next year's ECAC Championhip or the NCAA Tournament (I'm just doing a little daydreaming now).
                    Would Freakout be meaningful enough?

Comment

It seems unlikely since it would mean 36 wins over approxiamtely one season (from one BRF to the next).
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Nah-we have won a bunch of those-and until the last few years it was becoming almost routine. I am hoping that with the number of games we will need to win to hit 1000 that it comes right at the end or near the end of the year-in one of the playoffs and even better-in the NCAA. I have been fortunate enough to see us get to the NCAA 5 times in 47 years-and it is just not satisfying enough. I think we are now on the path to more frequent visits where anything can happen.
                        Last edited by DrDemento; 02-02-2011, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          It seems unlikely since it would mean 36 wins over approxiamtely one season (from one BRF to the next).
                          It would appear that would not be possible even if we won out this year. (but that sure would be nice)

Comment

More ballot box stuffing fun, all! Chase Polacek has been nominated for the CLASS award. You know what to do, here's the link:

http://www.seniorclassaward.com/vote/hockey_2010-11/

Comment

More ballot box stuffing fun, all! Chase Polacek has been nominated for the CLASS award. You know what to do, here's the link:

http://www.seniorclassaward.com/vote/hockey_2010-11/
                              Just voted, seems like Chase is going to need a lot of help.
                              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                              Benjamin Franklin
                              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                              Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                                Just voted, seems like Chase is going to need a lot of help.
                                I voted too.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X