Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
    This used to be done at RPI back in the day (well, for me that's the mid-90s). I've attempted to break it out on occasion only to end up being the only guy yelling it.
    Let me know what you have in mind, I'll see what I can do with getting 33/44 involved.

It's looking to be a good thing to have the various "factions" scattered across HFH.

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
      Ah, so it's CHN that's right and USCHO that's messed up. Gotcha.
      Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

Posted a poll for ECAC's top freshman. You can vote more than once if you feel more than one player warrants a vote...every vote counts!

Comment

Originally posted by hawthr View Post
          Yep. I know someone in the Sports Medicine dept - says it is about a two inch long, deep cut. It's been stitched up.

Apperently Brut was joking with Bergin about it - "I would have kept playing with that, not left the game"
          2 inches long is not any sort of problem-on the leg perhaps 10-15 stitches. If it was just superficial he could play bandaged this week. The concern with the calf is the underlying gastrocnemius. If either of the 2 heads are lacerated-it is a much deeper and bigger deal. Here's hoping we are looking at skin deep only. We are sure getting freaky injuries this year. In 47 years I cannot recall this many concussions and lacerations.
          Last edited by DrDemento; 02-01-2011, 05:56 PM.
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
            2 inches long is not any sort of problem-on the leg perahps 10-15 stitches. If it was just superficial he could play bandaged this week. The concern with the calf is the underlying gastrocnemius. If either of the 2 heads are lacerated-it is a much deeper and bigger deal. Here's hoping we are looking at skin deep only. We are sure getting freaky injuries this year. In 47 years I cannot recall this many concussions and lacerations.
            Isn't part of the problem with concussions that they are more concerned about them now? Wouldn't some of those that RPI players got might have been ignored in the past?
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              Isn't part of the problem with concussions that they are more concerned about them now? Wouldn't some of those that RPI players got might have been ignored in the past?
              Agreed. I'm not even sure that doctors of the past knew what a gastrocnemius was whereas now it's common terminology among all of us!

Comment

Very true-back in the old days-you got hit in the head-you blacked out-you got dizzy-you sat out a few shifts. You got back on the ice and played. I had 2 major concussions in my life-one from football and one from hockey. The last was 46 years ago-I swear that I am still somewhat symptomatic at times. Doctors are very much more conservative now. The medical legal ramifications have caused some of this. That plus better diagnostic tests like CT Scans and MRIs. I am sure some of f the concussions we saw this year would not have been diagnosed 30 years ago.

Comment

I don't know if any of the other threads on this board are ever as informative as ours.

Comment

I don't know if any of the other threads on this board are ever as informative as ours.
                    It helps that we have a doctor on call.
                    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                    Benjamin Franklin
                    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                    Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                      It helps that we have a doctor on call.
                      And some very astute hockey fans.

Comment

Completely unrelated to everything else posted-I have tried to calculate and I have come up with the fact that RPI now should have 965 wins in the program history (difficult because some wins in the past may not be considered wins now). We could conceivably hit the coveted 1000 mark in another season (I hope). I would like to see something to mark this occassion when it happens-any ideas of something appropriate? BTW if anyone has a different total please let me know. I also wonder how many programs have hit this mark-I am sure of a few but have not been able to find any list anywhere.

Comment

And some very astute hockey fans.
                          Call me crazy Doc, but I think that if Seth didn't have the boys wearing those socks with the panty hose/ lycra back panels, Bergin might not have gotten nicked so bad....just a thought
                          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by realet View Post
                            Ah, so it's CHN that's right and USCHO that's messed up. Gotcha.
                            Actually, it looks like the 10 TUC rule is back in play according to Todd D. Milewski.
                            RensselaerPolytechnicInstitute

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                              Call me crazy Doc, but I think that if Seth didn't have the boys wearing those socks with the panty hose/ lycra back panels, Bergin might not have gotten nicked so bad....just a thought
                              I half wondered that myself. On the plus side we'll be able to see the scar when he comes back!

Most of the shins these days wrap almost completely around the leg so I wonder if the cut runs top to bottom rather than across the calf. I'm guessing a top to bottom cut would be better than one that goes across the calf as I should think there is a lot more stress on the muscles in the up and down plane (Z plane) than in a lateral direction. Doc?

Comment

Completely unrelated to everything else posted-I have tried to calculate and I have come up with the fact that RPI now should have 965 wins in the program history (difficult because some wins in the past may not be considered wins now). We could conceivably hit the coveted 1000 mark in another season (I hope). I would like to see something to mark this occassion when it happens-any ideas of something appropriate? BTW if anyone has a different total please let me know. I also wonder how many programs have hit this mark-I am sure of a few but have not been able to find any list anywhere.
                                It must be something about the '60s grads. That is a positively Baer-esque obsession................

Comment

Working...
                                X