Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

Originally posted by realet View Post
    WaP presents Engineer Bracketology, Week 4, with the alternate title of "Dr. Strangelove, or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bears."

A friend pointed out that we recommend rooting against Cornell, Clarkson, and Union. He replied with a "can do."
    I am going to keep rooting for RPI and hopefully some of the other things work out right. Keeping teams like Brown above the .5 RPI cliff seem indeed quite important.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

WaP presents Engineer Bracketology, Week 4, with the alternate title of "Dr. Strangelove, or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bears."

A friend pointed out that we recommend rooting against Cornell, Clarkson, and Union. He replied with a "can do."
      Great summary-I am actually able to follow things so much better this way. My only concer is who to root for in Cornell Clarkson. I follow the reasoning given but perhaps it would be best for the building to just blow up during the game
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

BTW, I believe the Yale game is the first time RPI has taken advantage of the new rule and scored what I like to call a DPPG (double power play goal), which involves a goal scored on what would have previously noted "DP" (delayed penalty goal) on the box score, and then a PPG on the ensuing power play. I'm sure it's already happened several times in games involving other teams this year, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          I am going to keep rooting for RPI and hopefully some of the other things work out right.
          Well, FWIW, the ECAC segment of the ECS this week would put the Engineers in a tie for first with Yale.
          Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

Polacek is ECAC PotW and York is ECAC GotW http://www.rpiathletics.com/news/201...201114858.aspx. Congrats to both.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Well, FWIW, the ECAC segment of the ECS this week would put the Engineers in a tie for first with Yale.
              Could you explain? I might understand it if I knew what ECS means.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Could you explain? I might understand it if I knew what ECS means.
                You don't read Bracketology?
                Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

You don't read Bracketology?
                  I certainly did. Searching your blog just now, I didn't find ECS used. Jayson didn't use it either, but I suspect you mean WaP.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I certainly did. Searching your blog just now, I didn't find ECS used. Jayson didn't use it either, but I suspect you mean WaP.
                    Here's a little hint: Your personal one is just RPI.

Don't worry, the acronym threw me for a loop as well, at least until realet mentioned his weekly Tuesday article.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      Here's a little hint: Your personal one is just RPI.

Don't worry, the acronym threw me for a loop as well, at least until realet mentioned his weekly Tuesday article.
                      OK, I got it. It certainly wasn't obvious because Tom hasn't been using the abbreviation.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Had to make an adjustment to Bracketology after discovering that CHN's PairWise calculations are jacked up. I tend to use their matrix since it simplifies examining COp comparisons by listing common opponents in each comparison. Problem is, they're awarding TUC comparison points for comparisons involving Merrimack and Princeton, neither of which have the 10 required games against TUCs. That's messing up the calculations.

So I redid it. I'm still not jiving with Moy's prediction today, but I've got a bracket I think the committee could at least live with. Now projecting RPI in Bridgeport against WMU with Yale/RIT.

Comment

• Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                          This used to be done at RPI back in the day (well, for me that's the mid-90s). I've attempted to break it out on occasion only to end up being the only guy yelling it.
                          Consider yourself no longer alone. We in Section 17 relish in needling the sieve all game long.
                          Proud founder of the First Church of RPI Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
                            Clearly it's the calf for Bergin.
                            Yep. I know someone in the Sports Medicine dept - says it is about a two inch long, deep cut. It's been stitched up.

Apperently Brut was joking with Bergin about it - "I would have kept playing with that, not left the game"
                            Proud founder of the First Church of RPI Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by hawthr View Post
                              Consider yourself no longer alone. We in Section 17 relish in needling the sieve all game long.
                              I've been trying to start the same thing in Section 15 with maybe 1 or 2 other people cheering along. Getting the entire half of the stands would be awesome.
                              Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Had to make an adjustment to Bracketology after discovering that CHN's PairWise calculations are jacked up. I tend to use their matrix since it simplifies examining COp comparisons by listing common opponents in each comparison. Problem is, they're awarding TUC comparison points for comparisons involving Merrimack and Princeton, neither of which have the 10 required games against TUCs. That's messing up the calculations.

So I redid it. I'm still not jiving with Moy's prediction today, but I've got a bracket I think the committee could at least live with. Now projecting RPI in Bridgeport against WMU with Yale/RIT.
                                There is no longer a 10 game requirement. See: 2010.
                                Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Working...
                                X