Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
    Just want to add Union to your list. I was at that win, and Union is no push over.
    I agree-just did not add them because it was a longer time ago and before we got on the recent hot streak.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
      I originally thought Mike may have broken his leg when I saw him crumple to the ice but then when he got up, & insisted on skating off on his own, grabbing his calf I thought maybe a severe cramp. We certainly have had more than our share of freaky accidents this year. What constitues a win; most SOG?....better passing?...better goaltender?...best hair?....or score more goals than the other team? I'll take this team over any team I've seen this year. Put some other teams in the same situation (badly being outshot) do they emerge victorious, by 3 goals in both games! In the words of Branch Rickey, " luck is the residue of hard work". Combine talent with hardwork and you have a very good team, IMHO. Also, can some savy sports fans start to explain to the others that you DON'T start chanting, "OVERATED", with 15 minutes left in a game with a 3 goal lead against the #1 team in the country who also happen to lead the nation in scoring...sheesh
      All I could think of was--What are they thinking??????? (when the chanting started!)

Comment

Originally posted by IMO View Post
        All I could think of was--What are they thinking??????? (when the chanting started!)
        I was wondering the exact same thing. I kept saying it was too early, and the dude next to me kept telling me I was going to jinx the game. I didn't start until we had gotten the ENG.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          I was wondering the exact same thing. I kept saying it was too early, and the dude next to me kept telling me I was going to jinx the game. I didn't start until we had gotten the ENG.
          I agree with all of you. The game was not really safely in hand until the ENG. I didn't think that this team was going to give up two more goals, but I wouldn't have tempted fate.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Up to #9 in the USCHO poll (leapfrogged Notre Dame). Yale down to #3 (still received 2 first place votes).

Comment

Originally posted by knsmith View Post
              Up to #9 in the USCHO poll (leapfrogged Notre Dame). Yale down to #3 (still received 2 first place votes).
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                I agree with all of you. The game was not really safely in hand until the ENG. I didn't think that this team was going to give up two more goals, but I wouldn't have tempted fate.
                When they started chanting it up 3 goals with 15 minutes left, I was just thinking 2002, to be quite honest.

Comment

Us going to 9th is about what I thought, MAYBE stay where we were because the differential between us and ND was just that great. Remember, when you're up this high in rankings, the only real way to move up is for the teams above you to fall. Of course, not really much more thought to put into it because, after all, this isn't the BCS.

Comment

Nice. Waiting to see the USA Today poll. I cannot recall being so high in the PWR.
                    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                      Nice. Waiting to see the USA Today poll. I cannot recall being so high in the PWR.
                      Yes, it has always seemed like, in the past 15 years (moreso in the far-ago portion of that period, when we were stronger national contenders), all the "fringe" (non-winning percentage) factors worked against us (as compared to our position in the polls). This year, for a change, we are much stronger in the PWR than the polls, which is certainly a nice situation to have.

Comment

When they started chanting it up 3 goals with 15 minutes left, I was just thinking 2002, to be quite honest.
                        To be honest, this team is the only RPI team in recent memory that can go into a prevent defense and have it actually work, but there is no need to start that chance considering all the leads that we have squandered over the years.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Yes, it has always seemed like, in the past 15 years (moreso in the far-ago portion of that period, when we were stronger national contenders), all the "fringe" (non-winning percentage) factors worked against us (as compared to our position in the polls). This year, for a change, we are much stronger in the PWR than the polls, which is certainly a nice situation to have.
                          This year the overall ECAC OOC results have not been a factor dragging down the league leaders significantly. (I am sure that realet has further details.)
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Us going to 9th is about what I thought, MAYBE stay where we were because the differential between us and ND was just that great. Remember, when you're up this high in rankings, the only real way to move up is for the teams above you to fall. Of course, not really much more thought to put into it because, after all, this isn't the BCS.
                            Just looking at the top ten, the team with the fewest losses is Yale with four. This is a wide open year. Anyone can go all the way. It seems that every team is vulnerable. The NCAA tournament is going to come down to match ups. I'm beginning to get excited.

LETS GO RED!!!
                            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                            Benjamin Franklin
                            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                            Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                              RPI jumped two spots to #8, but is only one point ahead of #9 Michigan.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/colle...ey/usatmen.htm
                              APBWiki

Comment

Originally posted by Senna View Post
                                I couldnt get to the Yale game, but watched on TV. My take is that Yale is very clearly the real deal and a top team. Likewise, I wouldnt want to play these guys in anything more than 1 game. That 2nd period was just a dominating experience - we were completely outplayed. Didnt help that we were on the penalty kill for 8 of the first 10 min of the period, but they completely out skated us that period. I was messaging with a friend of mine who was at the game and my comment was "men against boys" during that period. All of that being said, York played fantastic and our D just didnt give Yale the chances that they typically get with their speed and skill. If anyone saw the Union - Yale game from the night before, you would have seen Yale score what seemed like within 10 seconds of 2 of their powerplays starting. It was scary. So, despite that 2nd period and all of Yale's speed and skill, the combination of York and the D shut them down. Lets also not get it lost on everyone that we scored 5. I think that it has been the good Dr. and I have kept saying at times all year that what we need is an extra goal a game. We got it this one. We capitalized on opportunities which we havent done in the past. If we dont score 5 (or even 4), this game starts taking on a different tone and possibly outcome. My take on York going after the guy was just an attitude thing and as much for the rest of the team as for himself. It seemed to me to be pure attitude in that we are not going to be intimidated or pushed around by anyone, and if you want to go, bring it on. I actually mentioned to my son, and thought a great move as set the tone and kept everyone up and fighting until the end. I like the way we played in the 3rd. There is no quit in these kids. I absolutely LOVE that. They believe in themselves and are willing to do whatever it takes to win. This is an attitude we havent had in years - at least not to this extent. For me, thats what makes these guys so much fun to watch. I'm glad that we have the team that we do. Couple others I think that make a difference every shift are Malachuk and Lee. Yale is a serious top team in the country. We beat them and this solidifies that we can play with anyone. We need a little bit more to be in contention for a national title, but I wouldnt want to have to be playing us.
                                To quote Dick Vitale....:SCOREBOARD BAAABEEE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                Last edited by troyboy; 01-31-2011, 04:11 PM. Reason: MIS SPELL
                                What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X