Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
    Guys, please. It was just one win.
    ...a dam* good one at that.

Comment

Originally posted by ajt6954 View Post
      ...a dam* good one at that.
      There were times, however, when I thought that the Dam was about to break.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Red Cloud is right... it was just one win, two points in the standings. Let's leave this weekend behind and focus on the road challenge this weekend... Princeton is in third place, Qpac is tough at home. And, all season long, we've essentially been a .500 team on the road... not bad, but all the points matter from here on out.

And Ralph , I had that same feeling about the 'dam was about to break' as you had. Great win, and I'd rather play Yale in a single elimination game that a three game series. They are incredibly talented.... 'not for nothing are they #1,' as Seth put it. All that talent needs to be respected... I wonder how they'll react to this 'lost weekend' in the weeks to come.
        Here we come!

Comment

Ed Weaver's article about Saturday's game http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...mode=fullstory.

Did anyone notice when they started including a box saying "See wrong or incorrect information in a story? Tell us here"?

Matt Graves in the TU http://www.timesunion.com/sports/art...ale-985803.php.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by fr joe View Post
            Red Cloud is right... it was just one win, two points in the standings. Let's leave this weekend behind and focus on the road challenge this weekend... Princeton is in third place, Qpac is tough at home. And, all season long, we've essentially been a .500 team on the road... not bad, but all the points matter from here on out.

And Ralph , I had that same feeling about the 'dam was about to break' as you had. Great win, and I'd rather play Yale in a single elimination game that a three game series. They are incredibly talented.... 'not for nothing are they #1,' as Seth put it. All that talent needs to be respected... I wonder how they'll react to this 'lost weekend' in the weeks to come.
            Although it is still quite possible, it isn't likely that we will play Yale before Albany Atlantic City. The highest placed team that #1 can play before the semis is #8. Even if Union passes them, the highest placed team they could play is #7.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
              Guys, please. It was just one win.
              You are so right. As excited as I am to have this big win-I have seen Princeton play this year and they are no picnic. Next weekend will be especially tough if we have any sort of let down. And let's not forget-we outscored Yale but it sure did not sound much like we beat Yale. They seemed to have no trouble bringing the puck up and setting up camp in our end. York made several outstanding saves and Yale just flat out missed some opportunities. On paper we won, but let's face it, Yale is the real deal.
              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                Did anyone notice when they started including a box saying "See wrong or incorrect information in a story? Tell us here"?
                Yes I did, and yes, I did use it on this article.

Comment

I don't know if this is his style, but Allain did not do a whole lot of coaching while the game was going on. During TV time outs the Yale players just all stood around and Allain didn't seem to talk to them at all, compared to Appert who was using his board and talking nonstop. Anyways, just an observation I found interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Go Puckman View Post
                    I don't know if this is his style, but Allain did not do a whole lot of coaching while the game was going on. During TV time outs the Yale players just all stood around and Allain didn't seem to talk to them at all, compared to Appert who was using his board and talking nonstop. Anyways, just an observation I found interesting.
                    Not surprising....after all he is the coach that took a gold medal US team and coached it to a bronze medal(2nd.loser)... this weekend really was the first test of their metal.Playing Union a very good team in that rat hole they play in...then coming into the BRFO in Troy playing a team theve had some trouble w/lately and going down...IMO they failed their first test.The notion that they crushed us and we still some how won i believe is not correct.From where I sat the first period was even,they dominated the second period as most teams do against us for some reason...and we obviously won the third period,lets remember they never had a lead.Was AY outstanding absolutly...did Rondou stink absolutly NOT.We earned this win contrary to what coach Keith(2nd.loser)Alain wants people to think.No matter what the polls say and I put very little creedence in this silly numbers game...its fun to play with but its about 25% of the story...Yale is not the best team in the country and IMO never was and I believe this weekend proved that.OK Boys pile on !!!...and Oh by the way I'm starting to worry about Wicked Slappahs he's been MIA.
                    What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Sometimes when my faith in the RPI fandom is shaken, I just visit other threads and see people like jcarter posting his inane prattle and realize how good we have it here.

Now that I've said that, Beman or TimV will probably come back. Well... actually, we haven't lost in a while, so maybe not.
                      Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                        Congrats on the win guys, York stood on his head and Rondeau had his worst game of the season. Quite a show at the HFH tonight, nice community get together. I have to agree with the RPI radio announcers that Yale basically dominated play and RPI stole this one, gonna be a fun home stretch.

Hope the player that was cut is OK. Knotty Pine is an outstanding establishment, now i just have to find an easier way from West Haven to Troy, the Taconic is quite dark at night.
                        I agree with your summary. Sometimes you need your goalie to steal a game for you, and ours sure as heck did. I would point out that RPI's mudders (Rabbani, Lee, Malchuk) took it to Yale in the corners a bit in the 3rd when Y was trying to muster a rally...winning (or at least stalemating) physical corner battles and maintaining/gaining possession.

Yale's a great squad and will no doubt rebound from this w/e.
                        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

We are up to solo #6 in the PWR. Assuming we will continue to lose out on all RPI battles that we are currently losing, we actually have a really decent chance of flipping the BC comparison. Even if we only earn a split this weekend, we'll still be ahead on TUC record (with two home games vs. TUCs remaining - Quinny & Princeton). But, we are already winning that point so it is essential that we stay ahead on it. As far as common opponents go, we have a very strong record (2-0-1) with only the home game verse a terrible Colgate team remaining. BC has 3 COp games remaining (1 vs. BU, 2 vs. Northeastern); if they lose just one of them and we beat Colgate we'll be able to, at worst, split that point (BC would be 7-1 = 87.5% and we would be 3-0-1 = 87.5%). Long story short, it is not hard for us to imagine flipping this comparison without getting a ton of outside help. Then again, there is a very strong chance we end up losing the TUC comparison because we a 3-0 record against Brown and Niagara, who are teetering on the edge of being TUCs.

Comment

I really like this site:
                            http://siouxsports.com/hockey/rankin....php?teamid=38

Really helps visualize each individual comparison.

What it doesn't show is the "impending doom" at the TUC cliff that we could face if a couple games don't go our way. Like knsmith mentioned, we _need_ Brown and Niagara to stay TUCs, likewise we want to keep Cornell and Clarkson out. Looks like we could lose 4 comparisons if those games don't go our way. Wouldn't mind seeing RIT become a TUC, though.
                            RPI Class of 2012
                            Visit rpitv.org to watch almost every RPI Hockey home game LIVE, as well as a huge collection of on demand games from this season and seasons past, all for FREE!

Comment

Originally posted by RHamilton View Post
                              I really like this site:
                              http://siouxsports.com/hockey/rankin....php?teamid=38

Really helps visualize each individual comparison.

What it doesn't show is the "impending doom" at the TUC cliff that we could face if a couple games don't go our way. Like knsmith mentioned, we _need_ Brown and Niagara to stay TUCs, likewise we want to keep Cornell and Clarkson out. Looks like we could lose 4 comparisons if those games don't go our way. Wouldn't mind seeing RIT become a TUC, though.
                              However, if we keep winning (especially a sweep this coming weekend), our RPI will continue to go up.

I assume the TUC-critical comparisons you are referring to are: Michigan, UNO, Western Michigan, and New Hampshire. With UNH, we have a very good chance of flipping the RPI comparison our way to counteract (and we own them on COp). Western Michigan has 6 TUC games (all vs. top-20 teams) left, so they are no lock to stay ahead of us even if we lose Brown/Niagara (and as you mention, there is a pretty decent chance we can pick up RIT). UNO has tons of tough TUC games left, and we also flip COp if we sweep Quinny/Clarkson (tie it if we get 5 points from those 3 games). The Michigan comparison is probably the biggest problem, as they don't have super-tough TUC games left and they beat us on COp.

Long story short, the TUC cliff is important, but this 6-out-7 streak that we are on has really given us a lot of leeway because our RPI is now so much stronger (and we have fewer teams who have a chance of flipping TUC on us generally).

Comment

I like Allain. He does not play the trap so I give him credit. I didn't see all of his comments but I thought that basically stating that Allen stole the game for us trivialized the effort of Chase, Josh, Patty Koudys et al. I agree with the comments of tb. Yale is a good team but is not as good as Denver, Fighting Sioux and others. I think Yale and especially Allain exhibited a glassjaw. He pulled Rondeau pretty quick for a kid that has been good to him all year. I don't know what that does for his (Rondeau) confidence. I liked that Rabbani was on the second unit PP. Good to see WS back.
                                "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Working...
                                X