Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
    For those intrigued by statistics, a 4-1 win tonight gives us an even 3.00 goals for per game and 2.00 goals against per game.

Winning last night's 1st period 2-0 gave us a positive goal differential in every period (+1, 15, 4, and 3).

And, hopefully I'm not jinxing anything, but we are one of two teams nationally that has not given up a short-handed goal all season (Boston College being the other).
    I noticed the short hqandeed situation also. I sure hope we can keep that at zero.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      He's still here.
      Yes I am!!! I may not be able to see any more games live, but I'm am still an Engineer.
      Jayson Moy
      USCHO

Comment

Originally posted by USCHO GM View Post
        Yes I am!!! I may not be able to see any more games live, but I'm am still an Engineer.
        We love you Jason!!!!
        I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by USCHO GM View Post
          You never lose that feeling. I left RPI in 1966 and 44 years later it still seems like yesterday.
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Some of my friends here would like to know: When was the last time we knocked off the #1 team in the nation?

Comment

Congrats to SA on his first Freakout win!
              I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                Some of my friends here would like to know: When was the last time we knocked off the #1 team in the nation?
                We beat UVM at the Gut in 96 if I recall correctly.
                Jayson Moy
                USCHO

Comment

congrats on a great win tonight (glad we could soften them up for you)..and a CD sweep.....

Comment

Well done RPI! Capital District is not to be messed with this year!

Comment

Guys, please. It was just one win.
                      Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                        Guys, please. It was just one win.
                        Two wins; we were talking about the capital district sweep. But, let's look at the big picture: H2H with Yale is now a wash; we probably won't flip that comparison unless we play them in the playoffs. Brown we have the sweep, and we're also ahead in the ECAC, so that should take care of COP. I can't remember whether we have Q-Pac or Princeton first (not really wanting to look it up), so it's time to focus there.

I think, for some of us, win or lose, we booze. Possibly a little extra boozing tonight.

Comment

Congrats on the win guys, York stood on his head and Rondeau had his worst game of the season. Quite a show at the HFH tonight, nice community get together. I have to agree with the RPI radio announcers that Yale basically dominated play and RPI stole this one, gonna be a fun home stretch.

Hope the player that was cut is OK. Knotty Pine is an outstanding establishment, now i just have to find an easier way from West Haven to Troy, the Taconic is quite dark at night.
                          YALE HOCKEY
                          2013 National Champions

Comment

8-3-2 in games against TUCs so far. Dam*. The only team that we lose the TUC comparison to is Yale. Brown and Niagara need to stay up while Cornell and Clarkson need to stay down. Quite impressive.

On the other side of the coin, we're tied for 4th in the ECAC standings. We swept Dartmouth (which I thought meant that we won the tiebreaker, but we're still listed behind them in the standings for some reason). The bye looks like a quite decent possibility, especially if we can win against the teams around us (Princeton, Cornell, Quinnipiac).
                            Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                              Congrats on the win guys, York stood on his head and Rondeau had his worst game of the season. Quite a show at the HFH tonight, nice community get together. I have to agree with the RPI radio announcers that Yale basically dominated play and RPI stole this one, gonna be a fun home stretch.

Hope the player that was cut is OK. Knotty Pine is an outstanding establishment, now i just have to find an easier way from West Haven to Troy, the Taconic is quite dark at night.
                              I believe someone reported that Bergin's cut wasn't too bad, though it was definitely a scary moment on the ice.

I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed that we don't meet Yale in the playoffs unless it's in a single elimination situation. We got the win tonight but Yale's what they're cracked up to be and I wouldn't like our chances in a best of 3 nearly as much.

As for your drive, the past couple times we've gone out to Yale or QPac we've been taking 90 to CT-8 and it works pretty well as long as we don't get stuck behind a truck in the hilly portion.
                              APBWiki

Comment

Originally posted by GRussinko View Post
                                I believe someone reported that Bergin's cut wasn't too bad, though it was definitely a scary moment on the ice.

I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed that we don't meet Yale in the playoffs unless it's in a single elimination situation. We got the win tonight but Yale's what they're cracked up to be and I wouldn't like our chances in a best of 3 nearly as much.

As for your drive, the past couple times we've gone out to Yale or QPac we've been taking 90 to CT-8 and it works pretty well as long as we don't get stuck behind a truck in the hilly portion.
                                I came up the way you mentioned, and it was much better than the way I went back, we all need to watch out for Princeton and Cornell, nobodys talking about Princeton, and Cornell has quietly put themselves back in the ECAC points race.
                                YALE HOCKEY
                                2013 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X