No announcement yet.

Brown & Yale @ RPI & Union (1/28, 1/29)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Brown & Yale @ RPI & Union (1/28, 1/29)

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
    Any word on whether the band is able to fit this weekend's games into their busy schedule?
    Wow. Just... wow.

In speaking of the band, any band members on here are hereby instructed to use any and all means to prevent FlagDUDE08 from touching any pep band equipment. Failure to do so may result in the team's 4th consecutive Freakout loss.

Comment

Count your blessings, RC- our band has showed up once this season.

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
        Count your blessings, RC- our band has showed up once this season.
        We're not far behind.

FlagDUDE decided not to answer my question, I see.
        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

We're not far behind.

As far as I can tell, at least alumni will bother to show up. I cannot speak for the current students.

Comment

Any word on whether the band is able to fit this weekend's games into their busy schedule?
            Thanks RC, I was wondering the same thing...the building felt eerily empty without the band during the Dartmouth game. They really need to work on logistics in order to get to all games next year.

Comment

How would FlagDUDE know the answer to your question? He, like you, is an alum who has no current connection to the band other than the fact that he can show up and bring drumsticks if necessary.
              Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                How would FlagDUDE know the answer to your question? He, like you, is an alum who has no current connection to the band other than the fact that he can show up and bring drumsticks if necessary.
                If he didn't know the answer to my question, maybe he shouldn't have responded to it, therefore piquing my interest in his ability to answer said question.

Comment

Will be at Brown game. Looking forward to it. Shall we start our own band?
                  Here we come!

Comment

Originally posted by fr joe View Post
                    Will be at Brown game. Looking forward to it. Shall we start our own band?
                    Well, in 2008 the RPI Pep Band was temporarily replaced at the Troy Music Hall concert by a kazoo choir. Bring a few extra.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      As far as I can tell, at least alumni will bother to show up. I cannot speak for the current students.
                      I am a current freshman and a band member, and I'll speak for myself but not for the band as a whole - I have been willing to play at games such as the USA game during finals week and the Harvard-Dartmouth weekend, but the band was not performing as a whole, and one clarinet doesn't make a band. I'm not an officer and I don't know what the decisions are based on, but I do know that the band does care about the team, and does care about playing and being at the games. It's also been one of the best things at RPI for me thus far. I'm extremely excited for my first Freakout and hoping that the team is playing their best this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by RKarger View Post
                        I'm not an officer and I don't know what the decisions are based on, but I do know that the band does care about the team, and does care about playing and being at the games.
                        When this has to be said and not merely implied, doesn't that seem to indicate a problem?

Comment

When this has to be said and not merely implied, doesn't that seem to indicate a problem?
                          Normally I'd assume it to be implied, but there was discussion earlier questioning the band's dedication, which was why I included it. It shouldn't need to be said, but assuming a lack of dedication because a student-run organization can't perform at times when there aren't a lot of students back also seems like a problem.

Anyway, this thread is for the upcoming weekend, and the band absolutely will be there, and that's what matters. I'm certainly looking forward to it.

Comment

Not to insert myself into one of your myriad RPI band soap opera threads, I just wanted to say that I picked up a couple of tickets for Saturdays RPI game at the Yale ticket office and there were at least 30-40 tickets left, my contact at the ticket office said they are usually returned on Weds. so there may be some tixs released back up your way later in the week. That said, where is the best place to park, do you offer between period hospitality on premises? Can you leave the rink between periods? Thanks.
                            YALE HOCKEY
                            2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by RKarger View Post
                              It shouldn't need to be said, but assuming a lack of dedication because a student-run organization can't perform at times when there aren't a lot of students back also seems like a problem.
                              For people who don't want to admit there's an issue, I completely agree. It seems like a huge problem for them.

Thank you for finally answering my question. I assume (my first assumption) that you had to check.

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                                Not to insert myself into one of your myriad RPI band soap opera threads, I just wanted to say that I picked up a couple of tickets for Saturdays RPI game at the Yale ticket office and there were at least 30-40 tickets left, my contact at the ticket office said they are usually returned on Weds. so there may be some tixs released back up your way later in the week. That said, where is the best place to park, do you offer between period hospitality on premises? Can you leave the rink between periods? Thanks.
                                I recommend parking in North Lot, near the Alumni House off Peoples Ave, and taking the shuttle. Either that, or arrive an hour early if you want to park on one of the lots on top of the hill behind the Field House.

And you can cut the snark.

Comment

Working...
                                X