Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine Recruit Updates: Monarchs and More......

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Recruit Updates: Monarchs and More......

Originally posted by BobF View Post
    Yeah that Blair Campbell was a great defensive coach. Almost as good a player as the two goalies we had, think there names were Allison Blair and Marsh Blair!
    Yes that was my BAD on the name...but I knew what I meant just came out wrong...THANK YOU for correcting me FBob...! AND what Maine could do with a Blair Allison in NET.

Comment

Devin Shore finished in the top ten in a handful of events at the NHL Combine this past weekend. http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=80653

Talked to a couple people who were at the NHL Combine and it seems hes still set to come to Maine, but as I said before we won't know a final decision until after the draft if his NHL team will have a say in the final decision.
      USCHO.com's MASCAC and ECAC-Northeast Columnist

Maine Hockey Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Sportsmaniac View Post
        Devin Shore finished in the top ten in a handful of events at the NHL Combine this past weekend. http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=80653

Talked to a couple people who were at the NHL Combine and it seems hes still set to come to Maine, but as I said before we won't know a final decision until after the draft if his NHL team will have a say in the final decision.
        Hope that Detroit drafts him,they are known to let there prospects get time in,that being if they are involved in College Hockey and then after 3 years going to the next level in the AHL...two examples Jimmy Howard & Gustav Nyquist.

Comment

Maine connections drafted in the QMJHL draft today '14 recruit Liam Pecararo taken by the Blainville-Boisbriand Armada in the 7th round, '14 recruit Ryan Cloonan taken in the 13th round by the Victoriaville Tigres. Maine native (uncommitted) Mark Dufour taken in the 13th round by the Drummondville Voltigeurs

I don't think there's nothing to be alarmed about. The Q instituted a rule this year that all teams needs to take two American players in the draft. Victoriaville/Drummondville isn't a "destination." Blainsville was able to get Stefan Matteau to sign and he decommitted from North Dakota, but his dad is the assistant coach with the Armada. The Armada are going to be a good team this year so I don't think they are necessarily going to try to hard to go after Pecararo this season.

Maine Hockey Journal

Comment

Rumors swirling on a few other message boards Saint John Sea Dogs draftee Noah Zilbert (17-years old) is looking at Maine/committed to Maine. I just sent an email to Noah for comment/confirmation. Played for the Fredericton Canadiens last year, had 26 goals and 29 assists in 27 games at the midget AAA level...Played with the Woodstock Slammers of the Maritime (Junior A) Hockey League during their playoff run in the Fred Page Cup and the RBC Cup

Maine Hockey Journal

Comment

Just got an E-Mail from Woodstock Slammers coach Jason Tatarnic on Noah Zilbert's future "(he) has not committed to Maine but he is on their radar."

Maine Hockey Journal

Comment

Judd Brackett, a Vancouver Canucks scout tweeted today Victor Bjorkung will play for Fargo this season

Maine Hockey Journal

Comment

I talked to Winthrop native Mark Dufour who's uncommitted this week.

Local taken in QMJHL draft
                  By Nathan Fournier Published: 14th June 2012

After a stellar junior season with Kents Hill, Mark Dufour is getting some attention from junior and college scouts.

The Drummondville Voltigeurs of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey league took notice of Dufour’s play and selected him in the 13th round of the league’s entry draft last Saturday.

“It’s a cool league. Growing up I looked up to it,” Dufour stated about going to Lewiston Maineiacs games as a kid. “It’s cool to be able to participate in (the draft process).”
                  LINK

Maine Hockey Journal

Comment

Article on Cam Brown

http://siouxcityjournal.com/sports/h...ment_form=true

Comment

Devin Shore story http://www.durhamregion.com/sports/a...t-plans-in-two

Gustav Nyquist's brother Oscar Nyquist will be playing for the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Jr. Knights of the Atlantic Junior (Tier III Jr. A) Hockey League this upcoming season

Maine Hockey Journal

Comment

Devin Shore story http://www.durhamregion.com/sports/a...t-plans-in-two

Gustav Nyquist's brother Oscar Nyquist will be playing for the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Jr. Knights of the Atlantic Junior (Tier III Jr. A) Hockey League this upcoming season
                        What type of player is the younger Nyquist...size/etc.

Comment

Not much on him but hes a defenseman http://eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=52783

Maine Hockey Journal

Comment

B.J. Salenero will be joining the Waterloo Blackhawks next season. He had 8 goals and 17 assists last season with the North York Rangers of the OJHL He will be joined by Eric Schurhamer there next season...Waterloo looks to be the best team on paper right now in the USHL. Blackhawks have the rights to Liam Pecararo and Ryan Cloonan, but they won't make the jump to the USHL it looks like until 13-14 season.

Cloonan will be taking part in USA Hockey's Select 17 event this week in Rochester N.Y.

Maine Hockey Journal

Comment

Not much on him but hes a defenseman http://eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=52783
                              If he has the work ethic and puck-handling skills like his brother Gustav then he could be a interesting player to watch and see which College Team goes after him. I would think that Maine has him on there rader screen.

Comment

Devin Shore #61 to Dallas. This mean much in terms of if he comes to Maine? Not sure how Dallas handles college players.

Comment

Working...
                                X