Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine Recruit Updates: Monarchs and More......

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Maine Recruit Updates: Monarchs and More......

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
    Just thought id pass this along, not sure if youve seen it already but its a recent interview from Feb. 7th with Sebastien Gingras, mentions he's still planning on attending UMaine.
    Thanks for posting. That is very interesting indeed! Based on the interview kid has a good head on his shoulders. Here's hoping that he does end up at Maine.

Comment

I can't see Flynn or O'Neill going anywhere unless its out of frustration.
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll
        I said to compare him to Moore and Leveille in the AHL.

you don't consider that "very well"?

I bet Michel would... compare Sill's pro career to every forward that he played with at Maine
        Purcell's in the NHL
        DeKastrozza was called up for 7 games in the AHL, also on a top team
        Levs, Johnson, Ryan, Bells, soares Hahn, are in europe
        hamilton, shepheard, clark all could not cut it in the ECHL

in my opinion, that puts Sill in second place I bet every forward he played with at Maine would consider playing for WBS in the AHL "doing very well" in the AHL.
        A) It ain't about the pros. Matt Cassell is a better pro than Matt Leinart, does that mean USC should give back the national title? Levs is too small and too slow,r elatively, to play in the NHL, and he's making more money overseas than he would as a non 2-way guy in the AHL. He's worlds better than Sill (in temrs of college hockey).

B) Did you really think I wouldn't look it up? With hockeydb.com it takes less than a commercial break.
        Greg Moore's played 352 AHL games, scored 83 goals and 106 points. That's 0.54 ppg.
        Michel Leveille played 64 AHL games, had 21 points. That's 0.33 ppg.
        Zack Sill's played 106 games with 24 points. That's .22 ppg. So in 42 more games than Levs he's managed to put up 3 more points. Congrats.

Listen I don't watch the Wilkes-Barre Scranton Dunder Miflin's or whatever they are, maybe this guy has some grit to his game that translates to the pro level on a fourth line basis. Neither Moore nor Levs have stats in the AHL worth bragging about, however I wouldn't be bragging about Zack Sill's numbers either. But to say he would've been better than Moore and Levs in college hockey is laughable.

Also on another topic, there's no way O'Neill's going anywhere. He's a 7th round choice and as a defenseman, he's got work to do to make an AHL roster. Can't see Atlanta making a push for a seventh round guy...
        Last edited by BoSox3066; 02-10-2011, 02:46 PM.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
        43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
        104-47-14 (.669) in that time
        3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
          Sill has 12 points (2 goals) in 48 games for Wilkes-Barre/Scranton. "Very well" indeed.
          How'd Bellamy do last year?
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Pretty hard to project what Sill coulda/shoulda/woulda done at Maine with that small a sample size. I thought he was going to be a good 2 way forward but I doubt he was going to be an All American. I wonder if the guys dissing him ever saw him play?

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
              Pretty hard to project what Sill coulda/shoulda/woulda done at Maine with that small a sample size. I thought he was going to be a good 2 way forward but I doubt he was going to be an All American. I wonder if the guys dissing him ever saw him play?
              I don't think it's a diss to say the kid wouldn't have been the second best forward to play at Maine in the last ten years. He would've been a nice player, probbaly like Hamilton and Shep. KIA is making it out like he's better than guys with 3 All-American letters between them just cuz he's a grinder in the AHL. I think that's bogus.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
              43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
              104-47-14 (.669) in that time
              3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                I don't think it's a diss to say the kid wouldn't have been the second best forward to play at Maine in the last ten years. He would've been a nice player, probbaly like Hamilton and Shep. KIA is making it out like he's better than guys with 3 All-American letters between them just cuz he's a grinder in the AHL. I think that's bogus.
                Its all a projection based on a few games, IMHO he never would have been better than Levs or Moore in college. The fact he got kicked out and Levs and Moore didn't says alot to me. KIA unless you are going to tell the whole story about his dismissal don't bother telling me it was nothing. I've heard it before

Comment

Just thought id pass this along, not sure if youve seen it already but its a recent interview from Feb. 7th with Sebastien Gingras, mentions he's still planning on attending UMaine.
                  Thanks for the link;it was very interesting.(He looked a little *relaxed* in his own end at times,but whatever...Timmay will coach him up,right?)

If only Maine had a goalie right now that was at least average,none of us would be too upset.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                    Saw him 3 times;small sample,I know.

He didn't do a thing for me,except that he had speed and played hard.But he had no hands at all,as far as what I saw.

BTW,I was no big fan of either Hamilton or Shep,either.Grinders like that getting so much ice-time made me wonder where the program was going,even as I watched Ham help Maine advance to the FF in Rochester a few years back.(And I'll probably NEVER forget his bad-angle goal to take back the lead from Harvard in Albany,whenever that happened.)

Fact is:those guys weren't very good,and certainly Sill was another one who fits that mold.His class was a really low point for Maine's recruiting.I thought the program was buried when I saw that crew play.

Maine has speed AND hands up front now,for the first time in a while...If they only had a little 'tending,we all wouldn't be so miserable.

Comment

I went back and watched this interview again. I think perhaps Maine is no longer interested in him because he wasn't able to get much playing time with the Muskegon Lumberjacks. He is back with the Brockville Braves now and appears to be a bright kid. Just a guess on my part.

Comment

Heisenberg has listed a new recruit for 2012 or 2013. Dylan Gareau from Stanstead College prep.
                        When you say Tim Whitehead, You haven't said much!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GoBlackBears View Post
                          Heisenberg has listed a new recruit for 2012 or 2013. Dylan Gareau from Stanstead College prep.
                          6'1", 182 lbs., 11-19-93, so if he came in 2012 he would be 20 for most of the season.

Looks like he played 55 games in the CJHL in '09-'10, scoring 11 points. In 10 games for Stanstead College he has 4-9-13 in 10 games. Stanstead plays in the Midwest Prep Hockey League, spanning the US and Canada.

Comment

Dylan Gareau is 9th in scoring in a 5 team league in the Northeast Division. There's also 5 teams in the Western Division with the playoffs starting February 25th. A school with excellent academic and hockey development reputation. Founded in 1872.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                              Dylan Gareau is 9th in scoring in a 5 team league in the Northeast Division. There's also 5 teams in the Western Division with the playoffs starting February 25th. A school with excellent academic and hockey development reputation. Founded in 1872.
                              He's 5th in points per game...leader among players not playing for St. Andrews.

I like that he's got a little size (comparatively).

Comment

Probably as a walk on.................just like flynn............as the recruiters seem to have an eye for potential talent........... ? Do walk ons show up on Heisenburgs.......or unless they are recruited walkons? Was Grant a nursemaid for the young goalies ?

Comment

Working...
                                X