Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine Recruit Updates: Monarchs and More......

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Recruit Updates: Monarchs and More......

The USHL Entry Draft is Today (Tuesday) at 5 p.m.
    USCHO.com's MASCAC and ECAC-Northeast Columnist

Maine Hockey Journal

Comment

Cam Brown was drafted seventh overall by the Sioux City Muskateers in the USHL Draft...I am going to talk to him at 7 and will tweet some quotes afterwards on my twitter account @jrhockeywriter

Maine Hockey Journal

Comment

Eric Schurhamer (Waterloo) and Brian Morgan (Indiana Ice) both selected in the 2nd round

Maine Hockey Journal

Comment

"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer."

http://www.unionleader.com/article/2...87/1003/sports

Comment

Originally posted by blackbearbandie View Post
            "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer."

http://www.unionleader.com/article/2...87/1003/sports
            Wow... that's one tough SOB.
            The root canals are easy... it's the pain before the root canal that's the problem.
            'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Heres the final tally from tonight: Cam Brown (1st round, 7th overall/Sioux City) Eric Schurhamer (2nd Round, 25 overall/Waterloo); Brian Morgan (2nd round, 29th overall/Indiana); Nick Roberto (16th round, 231 overall/Sioux City); Ryan Cloonan (17th round, 250 overall/Waterloo).

I am hopeful the story will be up when everyone wakes up in the Morning.

Maine Hockey Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Sportsmaniac View Post
                Heres the final tally from tonight: Cam Brown (1st round, 7th overall/Sioux City) Eric Schurhamer (2nd Round, 25 overall/Waterloo); Brian Morgan (2nd round, 29th overall/Indiana); Nick Roberto (16th round, 231 overall/Sioux City); Ryan Cloonan (17th round, 250 overall/Waterloo).

I am hopeful the story will be up when everyone wakes up in the Morning.
                That's great we had three guys drafted so high. Is there that big of difference in class between Brown/Morgan and Cloonan/Roberto or were there other considerations?
                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Several Maine recruits selected in USHL Entry Draft
                  By Nathan Fournier Published: 23rd May 2012

Portland, ME – Cam Brown is ready to make the jump to the next level.

After spending the last two seasons with the New Hampshire Junior Monarchs of the Eastern Junior Hockey League, Brown, one of several University of Maine recruits, will head to the United States Hockey League next season after the Sioux City Musketeers selected him seventh overall in the USHL Entry Draft Tuesday night.

He is already familiar with the club.

“I went out and practiced with the team for one week (last season) and fell in love with it,” said Brown.

LINK>>>

-----------------------

There's other considerations like both Cloonan and Roberto aren't going to play in the USHL next year.

Maine Hockey Journal

Comment

From the twitterverse:

Ryan S. Clark ‏@ryan_s_clark
                    According to the Force, draft pick and Swedish defenseman Victor Bjorkung is a Maine commit. Make that 5 committed players the Force drafted
                    Retweeted by Chris Dilks

Comment

Just talked to Ryan and he said he going to talk to the Force today about Victor Bjorkung. Last season with Djurgården U-20 of the Swedish SuperElit League he had four goals 13 assists in 42 games. Started his career with Malmo. http://eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=30195

Maine Hockey Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Sportsmaniac View Post
                        Just talked to Ryan and he said he going to talk to the Force today about Victor Bjorkung. Last season with Djurgården U-20 of the Swedish SuperElit League he had four goals 13 assists in 42 games. Started his career with Malmo. http://eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=30195
                        Is Bjorkung on Maine's Radar or is this just idle talk...checked around and the 2013 Recruiting UPDATE is not up yet but is in progress. A year in the USHL and added weight could be good at this time for the young Swede. Would his coming to Maine also be joining Sam Wolfe as incoming D-man for 2013-14 season..?

Comment

If you look at the link I provided they say hes a 13-14 recruit...It's a Swedish website and they got this news from "inside information."

Maine Hockey Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Sportsmaniac View Post
                            If you look at the link I provided they say hes a 13-14 recruit...It's a Swedish website and they got this news from "inside information."
                            OK...just checking...not trashing you on your info. Always making SURE that what I see or hear is what it is. THANKS for the Info & Updates...........oh one last one...!!!! Is the Goaltender Matt Morris heading to Maine this Fall..? If yes then there will be a crowd for the netminding duty's(Sullivan/Ouellette and add Morris).

Comment

I didnt think you were trashing my info, I was just pointing this website (which is reliable and better than HockeyDB.com in my opinion if you are into looking up players) is the only place that had him committing to Maine before Ryan Clark/Force announced it yesterday. I am sure the Force have talked to the Maine coaching staff to confirm it anyways

Maine Hockey Journal

Comment

I noticed on Heisenberg's site that Gareau is now listed as coming in 2013, can anyone confirm this? Any chance Maine gets another forward for next year?
                                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Working...
                                X