Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine Recruit Updates: Monarchs and More......

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Recruit Updates: Monarchs and More......

Blindly checking the box score? I was in the building that night and it was the best defensive game I've seen Maine play in 6 years. So sorry I don't think the roster's full of guys who are "not good D1 defensemen."

They're not perfect, but they've improved and a blanket "they all stink" statement is bogus.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
    43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
    104-47-14 (.669) in that time
    3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by umainesuperfan View Post

does anyone know any way to find stats on eagan and what year he's supposed to be coming in??
      http://www.wildcat-hockey.com/page/show/389090-home...near as I can tell, he is junior this year and Heisenberg has him listed as 2013 arrival. Wonder if he'll finish high school and come or play a year of junior first?

...and for what its worth, Pryor is the most improved d-man this year. Not sure that says a lot for him considering who else is on the blueline. On the other hand, the 'battle' for most improved d-man should be wide open considering who else is on the blueline.

Comment

Originally posted by chripy View Post
        http://www.wildcat-hockey.com/page/show/389090-home...near as I can tell, he is junior this year and Heisenberg has him listed as 2013 arrival. Wonder if he'll finish high school and come or play a year of junior first?
        The Eagan High School hockey website lists Wolfe as a senior.

Comment

Originally posted by dwollstadt View Post
          The Eagan High School hockey website lists Wolfe as a senior.
          derp. guess that answers that question.

Comment

For all that are complaining about the Monarchs on the team.... How would this team look with Brian Dumoulin (former Monarch) ?

Comment

Originally posted by KEEPER View Post
              For all that are complaining about the Monarchs on the team.... How would this team look with Brian Dumoulin (former Monarch) ?
              How would they look with Mario Lemieux, Cam Neely, and Bobby Orr?

I think the general point when speaking of the EJHL is that it has produced some great players (Coyle?, Dumoulin obviously, Gilroy even though he was several years older than everyone, heck even Joe Rooney) but after skimming those guys off the top and distributing them to the BCs and BUs, it's a rough place to do business regularly. Not impossible to find a good player underneath that top layer (Mangene?) but obviously not exactly up to the USHL standards for depth and the competition is clearly weaker in the EJ as a result. Has Maine shown they can get one of these EJ top players like a Dumoulin yet? I don't think they have in quite some time anyway. And if that's agreed upon, asking where they would be with Dumoulin is kind of pointless as he was one of the best players in the country and chose to go to Boston like a lot of the great New England players do.
              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Again...........Anyone want to throw back Flynn? Mangene? Beattie? Nemec? Cornell? Rutt?

Comment

• Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
                  Again...........Anyone want to throw back Flynn? Mangene? Beattie? Nemec? Cornell? Rutt?
                  Nemec hasn't used his size twice.

Comment

Nice to see that you are open to other input and opinions.

so am i wrong? nobody with two eyes could argue that hegarty or pryor are good coming out of their own ends. just watch the games.

Comment

Maybe those guys from the Monarchs are busts.....probably Corkum doesnt really know them as he thought he did.... What da phk they doing at the top of the national scoring stats? Posers I tellya. Surely there must be some reason he believed in them. Bobby, bobby...speak to us man.
                      I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                        Maybe those guys from the Monarchs are busts.....probably Corkum doesnt really know them as he thought he did.... What da phk they doing at the top of the national scoring stats? Posers I tellya. Surely there must be some reason he believed in them. Bobby, bobby...speak to us man.
                        He is speaking. And he is saying " I will play these guys because they know how to win National Championships". They have that experience, and once they learn what it takes to be great at D1 level, they will surprise everyone.
                        sure why not

Comment

just noticed Cam Brown is now listed as 2013. When did this happen? Is Shore going to come next year? Sportsmaniac, where you at?

Comment

Originally posted by chripy View Post
                            just noticed Cam Brown is now listed as 2013. When did this happen? Is Shore going to come next year? Sportsmaniac, where you at?
                            And no more Swanny. I wonder when he was removed from the list and if Maine has someone else potentially coming.
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
                              Nemec hasn't used his size twice.
                              You wanna give back the rest of them? Was that a difficult question???

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                                You see these guys way more than I do, so I'm not gonna quibble too much. (But...)

I was at Merrimack when Pryor sustained that (lower-body and concussion?) injury in his first year. I loved his motor in that game, and considered him a real keeper. Since he came back he seems to have lost his fire a bit, but I guess having your brain knocked around will do that to you. Heggarty, I was never really sold on.

It's all about how they execute the breakout. Heggs is especially careless in that respect. I am so tired of seeing him try to waltz through his own crease in traffic, make a panicky pass, and cough it up for a shot or for extended zone-time for the other team. He has ability, but exercises poor judgment regularly, if you ask me.

Not picking on the kid; he just doesn't exhibit a natural D-man's instincts, IMO. Been too much of that sort of thing at Maine for a few years now.

"The thought that Hegerty is awful just makes me laugh, he turns the puck over also but he is far from awful."

How can anyone say a hockey east dman that turns the puck over regularly is far from awful? #1 job of a dman is reliability with the puck in the zone. Here is an idea, why not recruit dman that don't turn the puck over, there are lots out there! Recruit at 17/18 on proven witnessed ability not the what is being said, aka " the buzz". The vermont coach actully admitted in a news quote that unfortunately these days the recruits are getting younger so the recruits are chosen more on the buzz ( actual word he used ) rather than their play. Lowell just recruited a 17 yo Russian that was suppose to pop right into the line up a few weeks ago even though his last game played was in march 2011 at a u16 level in texas. He must have had a really loud BUZZ.

Comment

Working...
                                X