Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine Recruit Updates: Monarchs and More......

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Recruit Updates: Monarchs and More......

Please CORRECT me if anyone can...this is the list I have of who is coming in for the 2012-13 season,just going with 2012's: Goaltender;Matt Morris** D-men;Ben Hutton-Daniel Renouf**Forwards;Swann Boisvert-Ryan Lomberg-Cam Brown-Devin Shore-Dylan Gareau**a total of 8 players...did I miss someone or incorrectly put someone down that should be considered at 2013..? 1 golaie/2 d-men/5 forwards.....and hopefully a NEW Coach..!

Comment

Just saw this via my twitter feed. USHL game between Muskegon and Indiana highlights from the 18th. Watch the video and you will see there is much to like about #7 in white Ryan Lomberg! Enjoy!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbjP4w3_InM

Comment

Originally posted by BobF View Post
        Just saw this via my twitter feed. USHL game between Muskegon and Indiana highlights from the 18th. Watch the video and you will see there is much to like about #7 in white Ryan Lomberg! Enjoy!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbjP4w3_InM
        Good stuff! Hope he doesn't pull an Austin Watson and jet before coming to Maine.

Comment

He hits harder than anyone on Maine right now

Can the goalie come to?
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
            He hits harder than anyone on Maine right now

Can the goalie come to?

Their goalie John Keeney hasn't committed yet. He made some nice saves in that video. Must be nice to have a goalie.
            When you say Tim Whitehead, You haven't said much!!!

Comment

Thanks for the link BobF. It was very interesting to watch.

Can't say I was favorably impressed by the general quality of the hockey played, though. There were as many spectators on the ice as there were in the bleachers. Not sold on this kid yet, considering.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                Thanks for the link BobF. It was very interesting to watch.

Can't say I was favorably impressed by the general quality of the hockey played, though. There were as many spectators on the ice as there were in the bleachers. Not sold on this kid yet, considering.
                You aren't sold... on the level of play... of the USHL? Short of getting a kid out of the Swedish Elite League, there really isn't any league out there with NCAA eligible players being played at a higher level. Some might argue (and in fact do argue) that UMaine's whole issue the past decade has been relying on the inferior EJHL and NAHL much more than the USHL for recruiting.

Comment

I agree, the USHL seems to be the better league. The stats on how many guys from each team go to D1 schools is amazing. Even players from Ontario are starting to realise its a better route than the Ontario Jr. Hockey League. Check out this story about Ryan Lomberg who pass on the OHL, OJHL and headed to the USHL.

http://jrhockeyrecruit.com/2011/08/t...n-lomberg-way/

Comment

Oh and if you are still not sold on Lomberg, have you seen the YouTube video with him pulling the crazy breakaway moves when he was 13 (in prep school)

http://jrhockeyrecruit.com/2011/10/h...cruit-youtube/

Comment

Originally posted by jrhockeyrecruit View Post
                      Oh and if you are still not sold on Lomberg, have you seen the YouTube video with him pulling the crazy breakaway moves when he was 13 (in prep school)

http://jrhockeyrecruit.com/2011/10/h...cruit-youtube/
                      did he used to call him self Kevin Roy?

what am I missing?

Comment

• Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
                        did he used to call him self Kevin Roy?

what am I missing?
                        My mistake. I wasn't thinking straight. Roy is obviously a different player. Commited to Brown - Sorry.

Comment

http://bangordailynews.com/2011/12/2...r-next-season/

Ben Hutton, 6' 3" defenseman verbally commits to Maine.

Comment

FWIW Matt Morris ranked 28th among North American goalies in the CSB mid-terms.

Below some guy playing Boston Advantage.....Eek.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                            43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                            104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                            3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

For your reading pleasure.
                              http://mendotaheights.patch.com/arti...day-defenseman

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                              And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                              Twenty red lights in his honor
                              Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Kyle Williams, a 5-10 180 lb. defenseman from Bowdoinham, Me. has verbally committed to the University of Maine. He's the second leading (defenseman) point scorer for the New Hampshire Jr. Monarchs.

Comment

Working...
                                X