Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine Recruit Updates: Monarchs and More......

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Recruit Updates: Monarchs and More......

Originally posted by Big Papa View Post
    I dont mind the goaltending we have. We saw flashes of excellence. trust Coach Whitehead and our staff. We will be just fine.
    thw goaltending needs alot of improvment,lack of focus/soft goals and never a game stealing save was the recipe last season and as far as flashes...we can do with steady play instead...and TW,well I have no REMARKS on and about him...as far as the season...a .500 season could be in the cards/but I'm sticking with a 14-16-4 record.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Papa View Post
      I am entitled to my opinion. I like what I see in maine. i support my coaches and my team. If you have an issue with that then it is your problem.
      Go Black Bears!
      I knew it! It is Tim! The "I like what I see" comment gave it away!

Comment

2012 recruit SWANN BOISVERT has signed with the Pembroke Lumber Kings of the CCHL. Pembroke won the RBC Cup (Canadian Junior A Championship) last year.

Devin Shore will be playing with the Whitby Fury of the OJHL this season and will taking part in the Canada East evaluation camp tomorrow for the World Junior A Challenge in November

Ma#1ne Hky I will give my thoughts on this year's recruiting class tomorrow...I just got back from a vacation but wanted to pass this note along.
        Last edited by Sportsmaniac; 08-19-2011, 08:20 PM.
        USCHO.com's MASCAC and ECAC-Northeast Columnist

Maine Hockey Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Sportsmaniac View Post
          2012 recruit SWANN BOISVERT has signed with the Pembroke Lumber Kings of the CCHL. Pembroke won the RBC Cup (Canadian Junior A Championship) last year.

Devin Shore will be playing with the Whitby Fury of the OJHL this season and will taking part in the Canada East evaluation camp tomorrow for the World Junior A Challenge in November

Ma#1ne Hky I will give my thoughts on this year's recruiting class tomorrow...I just got back from a vacation but wanted to pass this note along.
          Ok and Thanks...will be interesting to see another person's perspective to this years incoming class and "IF" we can expect one or two to have a impact during their freshman season.

Comment

Stuart Higgins - A lot of hype when he committed at 15 and joined the NTDP. I think he will be a third line grinder type. I think he will be in and out of the line-up throughout this season.

Jake Rutt - He's a player you love to have on your team but hate to play against. I have seen him play at the high school and junior hockey level. He needs to keep his emotions in check. I think he's a bottom pairing defenseman this season.

Bill Norman - An relative unknown. When I talked to his high school coach he said his team didn't play the bigger schools so a lot of coaches and scouts missed him. It's a huge jump from Minnesota High School to Division I. I expect him to be brought along slowly.

Andrew Cerretani - Another kid I see being brought along slowly coming out of prep school hockey. I think he can be a shutdown center in the future, but will be in and out of the line up this season.

John Parker - Just like Higgins, another 92 that had a lot of hype when he committed to UMass at 15. I think he he can be a solid two way player. I think he can be a solid contributor on the bottom two lines this season.

Overall I don't see any real game breakers in this class.

If you need anything more I will answer best as I can

Maine Hockey Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Sportsmaniac View Post
              Overall I don't see any real game breakers in this class.

If you need anything more I will answer best as I can
              Wasn't Connor Leen supposed to have a pretty big impact this season? I was quite sure he was the one "can't miss" player from this class.

Also, can't find much on Pietro Antonelli. Anyone know what kind player he is?

Comment

Heisenberg showing BJ Salerno as a Maine commitment for 2013 or 2014. Rights owned by the OHL's Ottawa 67s (3rd round) and the USHL's Waterloo Blackhawks (6th round). Another Canadian using a Maine commitment to bargain with his OHL team?
                Originally posted by reBlur
                the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerzx2002 View Post
                  Wasn't Connor Leen supposed to have a pretty big impact this season? I was quite sure he was the one "can't miss" player from this class.

Also, can't find much on Pietro Antonelli. Anyone know what kind player he is?
                  Sorry I missed Lean...I think he has the most impact out the bunch for the upcoming season and the entire four years. He's very skilled player, I liked him a lot when I saw him last Fall.

I don't know much about Pietro Antonelli either

I will try to get in contact with BJ Salerno.

Maine Hockey Journal

Comment

Maine lands another recruit
                    Published on: 21st August, 2011 by Nathan Fournier

The University of Maine Black Bears men’s ice hockey team continued to get talent from the north of the border as forward Brandon “BJ” Salerno gave his verbal commitment for either the 2013 or 2014 season.

“I chose Maine because I know the hockey program as well as the education program is top of the line,” said Salerno in an email to the Maine Hockey Journal Sunday afternoon. “The support the entire school gives the team at every game is electrifying.”
                    LINK>>>
                    Last edited by Sportsmaniac; 08-22-2011, 02:37 PM.

Maine Hockey Journal

Comment

For all you early I am early risers the EJHL All-Stars will be opening up the Junior World Cup tomorrow 4 am against the Team from Latvia. http://news.sportbox.ru/ (Russian) will be broadcasting the event but I think there will be a direct link from this this site http://mhl.khl.ru/worldcup/?ELEMENT_ID=7226 (At the top where the video camera logo is).

Brian Harris and Cam Brown will be competing

Maine Hockey Journal

Comment

Nice interview with 2012 recruit Ryan Lomberg:
                        http://jrhockeyrecruit.com/2011/08/t...n-lomberg-way/

Nice to see Maine hook a solid player away from some of those bigger schools.

Comment

Surprising,these days,to hear a couple of kids say that they chose Maine over BC and North Dakota(!)

If they had a straight-up choice (as in:full rides offered by any of the schools involved),then it sounds even better,but who among us really knows the details?

Clearly,the recruiting has improved,outside of the goalie position.I have no idea why,but I suspect that Corkum has a lot to do with it...Nothing else has changed in Orono since the disastrous classes that preceded his hiring.

Big question is:can Tim do anything with these guys..?He had a very good team at his disposal last year,and dropped the ball squarely on his feet.If he couldn't figure out a way to win last season,I have very grave doubts that he will this time around.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                            Surprising,these days,to hear a couple of kids say that they chose Maine over BC and North Dakota(!)

If they had a straight-up choice (as in:full rides offered by any of the schools involved),then it sounds even better,but who among us really knows the details?

Clearly,the recruiting has improved,outside of the goalie position.I have no idea why,but I suspect that Corkum has a lot to do with it...Nothing else has changed in Orono since the disastrous classes that preceded his hiring.

Big question is:can Tim do anything with these guys..?He had a very good team at his disposal last year,and dropped the ball squarely on his feet.If he couldn't figure out a way to win last season,I have very grave doubts that he will this time around.
                            Your not alone in thinking this way...only way there's a chance is the Goaltending has to improve big time and the players are allowed to play...sadly I sense a frustrating season upon us in 2011-12...hopefully I am WRONG.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

Different people want different things. I think its as simple as that.

I think that Corkum probably has helped the recruiting but I wonder if Danny has improved as well? Now that he has done it for five or six years I'm sure he has a better idea what kids to target and how to get them to commit. I'm actually optimistic on this years class and think it will turn out to be one of the best we have had in the last seven or eight years. I look at this year as a win-win situation, either Maine does great and everyone is happy or Maine does bad and Timmy moves on.
                              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

As others have pointed out, just because a player was "talking" to this school or that school, does not mean they were highly interested in said player. Schools put out feelers to a lot more players than they end up offering spots or money to. If BC felt that this kid wasn't worth a full ride, and offered him say two years, vs Maine offering a full ride, thats @ $120K more that he'd have to come up with to go to BC vs going to Maine. Again, not saying the kid isn't good, but you have to take those quotes with a serious grain of salt, especially when you hear he was talking to Holy Cross and Quinnipiac, as those schools typically don't even waste their time with true high end talent.

Comment

Working...
                                X