Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine Recruit Updates: Monarchs and More......

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Recruit Updates: Monarchs and More......

Originally posted by Big Papa View Post
    Paul Kariya was very special!
    And so are you !!! Smooch!
    I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Go Black Bears!!!!!!

Comment

Pietro Antonelli commits for this season

http://bangordailynews.com/2011/06/0...its-to-umaine/
        When you say Tim Whitehead, You haven't said much!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GoBlackBears View Post
          Pietro Antonelli commits for this season

http://bangordailynews.com/2011/06/0...its-to-umaine/
          This appears to be a very good recruit. I think he will be a legitimate Division 1 hockey player. Good size and scoring capability. Apparently, a good student if Princeton was also recruiting him. This season is suddenly looking much more promising.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
            This appears to be a very good recruit. I think he will be a legitimate Division 1 hockey player. Good size and scoring capability. Apparently, a good student if Princeton was also recruiting him. This season is suddenly looking much more promising.
            I agree. This kid is going to put Maine over the top and get Maine into the Frozen Four this year, if not further. He must be good with all the D1 powerhouses (Umass, Penn State, Princeton) that were chasing him. Maine lucked out for sure getting his verbal.

It is odd that Whitehead has several commitments from Boston Advantage, then gets several from Hill Academy, and now several from Stanstead. You don't see this too often, especially with programs that aren't well established D1 providers (SSM, Cushing, etc).
            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
              It is odd that Whitehead has several commitments from Boston Advantage, then gets several from Hill Academy, and now several from Stanstead. You don't see this too often, especially with programs that aren't well established D1 providers (SSM, Cushing, etc).
              It's not only "odd", but it's lazy too. It wreaks of lazy recruiting........almost like Whitehead can't go head to head with the big boys, so instead he'll canvas a few organizations and hope to "strike it rich" with 1 or 2 players from the bunch.

Comment

I agree. This kid is going to put Maine over the top and get Maine into the Frozen Four this year, if not further. He must be good with all the D1 powerhouses (Umass, Penn State, Princeton) that were chasing him. Maine lucked out for sure getting his verbal.

Nick do us all a favor and keep the bullchit out of our team recruit thread. This is an area for the fan's of the Maine program to discuss the incoming recruits.

Should everyone check with you in advance to posting to see if their opinion will be ok to post?

Comment

Originally posted by True Blue Fan View Post
                  Nick do us all a favor and keep the bullchit out of our team recruit thread. This is an area for the fan's of the Maine program to discuss the incoming recruits.

Should everyone check with you in advance to posting to see if their opinion will be ok to post?
                  He brings up an interesting point.

Comment

Originally posted by True Blue Fan View Post

I've chatted with you before and have a lot of respect for you. So I respectfully bring up the following two points.

A) I disagree that this thread is for Maine fans only or any other thread on this site.
                    B) Doesn't it seem kind hypocritical to ask me if everyone should check with me in advance of posting to see if it's ok with me while telling me to keep out of this thread and not post my opinion? That is what it seems like to me.
                    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

I think he is talking about this part. Kind of sarcastic and that belongs in the off season thread not in the recruit thread. BTW I agree, very lucky to get a recruit that might have been headed to that power house Princeton
                      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Was thinking the same thing about all the schools involved,but why would a glamorous start-up program like Penn State pursue a scrub,right..?

Comment

Look,I understand your passive/aggressive agenda,as I'm pretty sure most of us do...And you must be old enough to understand that there are unwritten rules regarding basic manners.(Or maybe not.)

Nobody is interested in your posts anymore,if anyone ever was.

We are trying to conduct a funeral here;show some respect.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                            Was thinking the same thing about all the schools involved,but why would a glamorous start-up program like Penn State pursue a scrub,right..?
                            I would think he has some talent for Penn State to have a look see...they want to start a solid foundation as they will be competing with programs that are Light Years ahead in both Tradition and on the recruiting trail...with that said thou,Recruiting some players is a gamble...everyone is looking for that Diamond in the rough.

Comment

Come on with the B.S. - Just admit it,you HATE Maine,the fans,the Program,etc. - Seeing Maine lose and dropping out of the Elite picture is what you relish,day in and day out.

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
                                It's not only "odd", but it's lazy too. It wreaks of lazy recruiting........almost like Whitehead can't go head to head with the big boys, so instead he'll canvas a few organizations and hope to "strike it rich" with 1 or 2 players from the bunch.
                                Thats WHY he needs to be shown the door next Spring so that they can get someone in with a Plan/Passion and wanting to put his mark on the program in a Positive way and direction...till that happens the recruiting trail will be lean and the product on the ice will be even more harder to watch.

Comment

Working...
                                X