This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSSU Laker Hockey

The old thread is maxed out. The 2010-2011 season continues.
    GO LAKERS!!

Re: LSSU Laker Hockey

It is going to be a great weekend and 2011 for Coach Roque and the Lakers. I can't wait to see him behind the bench tonight inspiring them to back-to-back victories and their climb to possibly a top-4 finish and first-round bye. They could be the dark horse of the second half. The guys are doing a lot of good things out there and are working hard. Go Lakers!

Comment

Serum, you moron.. way to not keep up on anything.
      Roque was suspended by the league for tonight's game in a real bullsh_t decision from the incident post game vs. MSU last weekend. To keep it simple for your feeble mind to understand.. he won't be behind the bench tonight..

Comment

Originally posted by SmartAxe View Post
        Serum, you moron.. way to not keep up on anything.
        Roque was suspended by the league for tonight's game in a real bullsh_t decision from the incident post game vs. MSU last weekend. To keep it simple for your feeble mind to understand.. he won't be behind the bench tonight..
        Crap this is the one weekend a year I get up to see a game and Coach Roque is suspended? You are right what a bs decision. The Lakers are in real trouble tonight without him behind the bench that is for sure. But this could inspire these guys to a big run and a top four finish. These guys get better every game and they are going to win a lot of games this year.

Win one for Jim!

Thanks for the update Mr. Axe but it makes me a bit sad. Good think I got tickets for Saturday's game too.

Comment

http://www.sooeveningnews.com/sports...tonight-s-game

Class Act! Can you take this man at his word?

Ever since he helped lead, along with the former AD and current Minister of Propaganda, the coup against the great Frank Anzalone can you people up there take him for his word? Ask some former players and former assistant coaches and they will tell you....

The Truth Is Out There....
          Last edited by Truth Squad; 01-21-2011, 04:19 PM.

Comment

The Evening News article never mentioned if the cops were going to arrest Poliski. I sure hope for the safety of all there is not a renegade linesman out their somewhere. Until I hear I will lock my doors and windows and keep an eye out for anybody running around the neighborhood in a striped shirt. blahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Comment

Hopefully Roque being suspended will help to inspire the team to get 6 points this weekend.

Comment

The game is only in the third but from what I am hearing,Lakers are a very poor team with a very good goalie . Roque has done a horrible job recruiting players and that seems to be the bottom line. When you have a program and a coaching staff that doesn't improve players,it has to be so hard to recruit . I feel bad for Kapalka. The guy is the bright spot on this team and he has zero help . Wasn't Campbell suppose to be this top gun they recruited for scoring. I heard his name tonight and actually forgot they even recruited the guy. He has done next to nothing for the team.Even with the game going into overtime,Lakers just don't have enough players to make them a good team.
                Last edited by sm2pk; 01-21-2011, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                  The game is only in the third but from what I am hearing,Lakers are a very poor team with a very good goalie . Roque has done a horrible job recruiting players and that seems to be the bottom line. When you have a program and a coaching staff that doesn't improve players,it has to be so hard to recruit . I feel bad for Kapalka. The guy is the bright spot on this team and he has zero help . Wasn't Campbell suppose to be this top gun they recruited for scoring. I heard his name tonight and actually forgot they even recruited the guy. He has done next to nothing for the team.Even with the game going into overtime,Lakers just don't have enough players to make them a good team.
                  It sounds like you base all of your opinions on what you hear. How many games have you attended so far this year?

Comment

Nice to see the Lakers get a point, but not good enough, especially with the Lakers getting no help again in the standings. They have to play better tomorrow tonight. What was the deal with the DQ major penalty on McParland? Was it a legit call or did the refs mess up again?
                    LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                      Nice to see the Lakers get a point, but not good enough, especially with the Lakers getting no help again in the standings. They have to play better tomorrow tonight. What was the deal with the DQ major penalty on McParland? Was it a legit call or did the refs mess up again?
                      I thought McParland's hit was solid but not that bad. The Western guy had his head down a bit. The way the game is being called these days, it seems like it's getting very difficult to put a good hit on a guy without getting called for a penalty. I'd like to see it again on a replay before saying for sure that the ref blew it.

At this point, I can't see the Lakers getting home ice in the first round unless someone or something quickly lights a fire under them. The offense is just struggling too much. Two goals tonight and only one of them from a forward. There are enough games left to get the points for home ice, but the team has yet to show it can put together the wins it needs. They just don't look hungry enough or play with enough fire.

Comment

Originally posted by Boot_Jim_Roque View Post
                        The Evening News article never mentioned if the cops were going to arrest Poliski. I sure hope for the safety of all there is not a renegade linesman out their somewhere. Until I hear I will lock my doors and windows and keep an eye out for anybody running around the neighborhood in a striped shirt. blahahahahahahahahahahahaha
                        The scary thing is he has a gun on him most times sinse he is a cop.
                        BLEED BLUE

Comment

I thought the McParland hit was a ok hit also.
                          BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by DopeyBaker View Post
                            It sounds like you base all of your opinions on what you hear. How many games have you attended so far this year?
                            Attend games. Lakers have the fewest wins in the CCHA and that is even compared to Bowling Green . They have a powerplay that is pretty much dead . They don't score enough goals in most games to give the team a chance to win. Most games come down to Kapalka on whether they will even get a tie. I don't think anything has changed the last 6 years to say players improve under this coaching staff. How many here attend MI Tech games but yet can say they are pretty much a team without much talent and it shows year in and year out. I don't attend games like I use to but I listen to them all and even watch them on here from time to time and I do go to a few a year and have seen nothing to convince me this team is turning any corners. As I said before,2012 seems to be the best chance this team has once the new program starts there. The question seems to be will Roque be there to work the program or someone new.

Comment

What a tie for the Lakers and this could be what really gets them going to win tonight and maybe 6 or 7 in a row. I was surprised at how many empty seats there were, especially in the section I was in. There must have been 8 other people. But those that were there were highly entertained and the Lakers deserved a better fate. The refs were once again totally against the Lakers as Crawford said in the post-game show and that McParlane penalty was a travesty. The other player should have gotten the penalty for embellishing. This team is just snakebit. It was good to see some extra campus security in case there were any renegade linesmen in attendance or on the ice. Get the head coach back tonight and I fully expect the Lakers to come out flying and get a big win. The forwards got one goal last night so that should quiet down the haters on this team that don't know what they are talking about. A win tonight and they could possibly be 3 points out of 8th place and next weekend at Bowling Green, a team they swept here and things are looking good. Help this team and this coach by attending the game and rooting on the Lakers. This team is going to win a lot of games this year and are the surprise team of the second half.

Comment

Working...
                              X