This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Laker Hockey

Chris Ciotti commits to LSSU-http://www.nahl.com/news/story.cfm?id=2463. Can anyone confirm this is Bobby Ciotti's nephew? I think Bobby played at Lake State back in the late 70' or early 80's. Also played for the Soo Indians back in the day-excellent hockey player. I think this is a nice pick up for LSSU.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker4Life View Post
      Chris Ciotti commits to LSSU-http://www.nahl.com/news/story.cfm?id=2463. Can anyone confirm this is Bobby Ciotti's nephew? I think Bobby played at Lake State back in the late 70' or early 80's. Also played for the Soo Indians back in the day-excellent hockey player. I think this is a nice pick up for LSSU.
      An NAHL kid at that. Should make Buck happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker4Life View Post
        I believe it is his nephew. I know their was talk of a commitment from a player whose uncle played for the Lakers back in the 70's. This is probably that player and goes along with what Bill posted the other day about a possible commitment from a player out of the NAHL. He also is in the top 10 in scoring in the NAHL which is nice to see. Good luck the rest of the year Chris and welcome to the LAKERS!

Lakers need to get off to a strong start tonight like Western did 2 weeks ago. Scoring that first goal will go a long ways towards a win tonight.

Comment

Bobby Ciotti was quite the player back in the day. I remember him playing for the Indians, but not the Lakers.

He was a smallish, but talented player who played above his size. Much like a Marty St. Louis.

Comment

I believe that the video feed on the Notre Dame website is free for all three games this weekend.

http://www.und.com/allaccess/

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
              I believe that the video feed on the Notre Dame website is free for all three games this weekend.

Cool. Thanks Laker Dude.

Comment

I'm headed over for the game on Saturday, anyone else making the trip?

Comment

This is awesome. Thanks. Nehring PP goal on a nice pass from Cassiani ties the score at 1-1 halfway through the 2nd period.

Schofield scores a couple minutes later on a nice backhand to take a 2-1 lead.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                    An NAHL kid at that. Should make Buck happy.
                    He looks like a good signing. Leading point getter on one of the top teams in the NAHL. An older kid, hopefully that means he is mature enough to step in as a freshman considering we are going to have some big shoes to fill with Schofield, Acton, and Nehring graduating. I see he was drafted into the USHL before joining the NAHL, any idea why he went that route?

Comment

Good effort by the team tonight. That was by far the best game I have seen the Lakers play all year. It will be interesting to see how they respond now.

Comment

A demoralizing defeat tonight. Great game by Kapalaka and the rest of the Laker team but I think this heartbreaker really deflates the Lakers for tomorrow and Notre Dame wins easily. Hope the Lakers prove me wrong.
                        LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                          A demoralizing defeat tonight. Great game by Kapalaka and the rest of the Laker team but I think this heartbreaker really deflates the Lakers for tomorrow and Notre Dame wins easily. Hope the Lakers prove me wrong.
                          If they would have brought the energy they played with tonight, over the entire year, they would be in 4th or 5th rather then playing a top team like Notre Dame.

Comment

If they would have brought the energy they played with tonight, over the entire year, they would be in 4th or 5th rather then playing a top team like Notre Dame.
                            Exactly my thoughts. I was coming back online to post just that. This team had the talent level to nose out Ferris and Western in the battle for 4th place and the top "second tier" school in the CCHA. It's too bad they waited until the playoffs to start to figure it out. The Lakers just couldn't take care of business on home ice and beat the bottom feeders consistently. That's what put them in this situation. After the Ferris sweep, LSSU picked up 14 points at home (including series against BGSU and State) in 10 games with only 1 outright win. They played well against mid-tier schools: sweep of Ferris, 9 points against Northern, split of two series against Western, 4 against Alaska. Against the bottom three schools (BGSU, State, OSU) the Lakers managed just 11 points in 8 games. Even if they would have averaged 4 points a series against those bottom three that would have put them within 2 points of 5th place. But alas, this is all meaningless now. The Lakers season could end tomorrow if they can't come through and surprise with a W.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck LeVasseur View Post
                              Against the bottom three schools (BGSU, State, OSU) the Lakers managed just 11 points in 8 games.
                              Hopefully the younger players who will be around next year learn from this and take advantage in the regular season of playing the lower teams.

Comment

Check out the Notre Dame Thread. Comments by long time poster Irishhockeyfan - "Roque outcoached Jackson a bit last night." The regular ND posters said that the ND outplayed the Lakers for good parts of the game but were fortunate to win. Not all goals are pretty. Also sounds like they were impressed with the play of KK.

Comment

Working...
                                X