This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Laker Hockey

TS's second choice would probably be Francis Anzalone, so it's probably better to ask what his/her third choice is.

Comment

Bill, thats why i added the third choice.
      BLEED BLUE

Comment

The new governor wants to put a end to the the tax credit you get when you donate to the states universities. This i think will hurt the smaller ones like LSSU quite a bit. It would in my oppinion put more inportance on getting buts in the seats to create more revenue.
        BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Squad
          Frank Anzalone is doing very well, building a solid program in Quad City and they are climbing the standings and more and more people are seeing once again why he is a coaching legend in college, junior and now professional hockey.
          Actually, Quad City is falling in the standings. They were in first place in their division. Now they are in 5th.

Comment

Very interesting. Thank you for your input.
            BLEED BLUE

Comment

Truth Squad. Frank Anzalone is not coming back but let us hope like hell Roque isn't coming back either.

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Squad
                It took less than 6 months and only 55 games to accomplish 30 wins not almost 3 years and over 100 games.
                Anzalone:
                01-02: 8-27-2 (.243)
                02-03: 6-28-4 (.211)
                03-04: 9-20-7 (.347)
                04-05: 9-22-7 (.329)

Roque:
                05-06: 15-14-7 (.514)
                06-07: 21-19-3 (.523)
                07-08: 10-20-7 (.365)
                08-09: 11-20-8 (.385)
                09-10: 15-18-5 (.461)
                10-11: 10-13-9 (.453)

Comment

Originally posted by DopeyBaker View Post

Anzalone:
                  84-85: 27-16-1 (.625)
                  85-86: 24-18-1 (.570)
                  86-87: 22-16-2 (.575)
                  87-88: 33-7-6 (.783)
                  88-89: 29-11-5 (.700)
                  89-90: 33-10-3 (.750)

Roque:
                  05-06: 15-14-7 (.514)
                  06-07: 21-19-3 (.523)
                  07-08: 10-20-7 (.365)
                  08-09: 11-20-8 (.385)
                  09-10: 15-18-5 (.461)
                  10-11: 10-13-9 (.453)
                  I was talking about this year and Quad City. I helped you out Coach Dopey with Frank Anzalone's amazing six year run. You might want to focus on the powerplay and accomplishing win number 11 on the season, however.

You are a good sheep Dopey Baaaaaaaaaaaker.

This is my last post, there is no try to change the mindset of this flock and their shepherd.

The Truth Is Out There.....
                  TBA
                  Last edited by Truth Squad; 03-01-2011, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker54 View Post
                    If JR's contract were not renewed the search committee needs to find a young experienced coach who is hungry for an opportunity like LSSU can and would provide. I am optimist that there is such coach out there who would like to coach at Lake Superior State University. An example would be; to the chagrin to many of you Michigan fans I am an Ohio State football fan. Look at their coach and program and where he came from. OSU dipped into Division II to a very successful program at Youngstown State and nabbed Jim Tressel. Lake State needs to dip into the lower ranks and pick someone who has run a championship program.

I heard the name of Joe Shawnan a Northern Michigan Assistant Coach. Hire Rick Cromely as a consultant to find an up and coming coach; maybe he would like to help out his alma mater. How about an up and up and coming coach like Ron Fogarty from Adrian College the first coach at Adrian; after 4 years he has a winning percentage of .892 with a record of 98-11-2; http://www.uscho.com/stats/history/a...key/2010-2011/. Quite frankly looking at his bio he might be what the doctor ordered.
                    I think it's important that our next coach be an outsider. I understand that it is important to bring in someone who understands the fabric of LSSU hockey in the Soo. However, this team hasn't had an outsider named head coach since Bill Selman in 1981. Anzalone was an assistant to Selman when he was hired, Jackson was then hired after serving as Frank's assistant, then Borek was promoted to head coach from assistant under Jackson, then Anzalone came back, and now Roque. We've picked from the same tree now for 30 years. Granted we had a lot of success from that tree but it's time for a change. An outsider will bring in fresh ideas and a new outlook. If this team is going to return to it's glory days it's going to take some creativity and outside thinking. I wouldn't mind following the path of Western Michigan and the UNO, both hired coaches from the USHL ranks. I think having a coach close to either the USHL or NAHL would be beneficial to our recruiting in either of the leagues.
                    Last edited by Buck LeVasseur; 03-01-2011, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Squad View Post
                      This is my last post...

TBA
                      Your best post ever, Truth!!!

Comment

I was talking about this year and Quad City. I helped you out Coach Dopey with Frank Anzalone's amazing six year run. You might want to focus on the powerplay and accomplishing win number 11 on the season, however.

You are a good sheep Dopey Baaaaaaaaaaaker.

This is my last post, there is no try to change the mindset of this flock and their shepherd.

TBA
                        Don't leave us Truth. I am serious when I say I like your posts. Without you we are left with a bunch of fanboys ( and girls) posting in an echo chamber. Your diatribes and stale arguments are consistently amusing. By the way, I like it when you call me Coach Cooper.

Comment

This is my last post.

TBA

Promises, Promises... You've said this before and yet you keep coming back.
                          And we have no idea why, because since your boy Nik was booted from the team a few years ago, you have no vested interests in LSSU any more. So don't worry about "those people up there" and "our little school" anymore. Just stick to your word for once and finally go away, since you're obviously not a Laker Hockey fan and never add anything of interest or value to a discussion about LSSU hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by SmartAxe View Post
                            since your boy Nik was booted from the team a few years ago
                            Very cheap shot and quite disrespectful towards the player who had to give up hockey just because a coach didn't want to have him around.
                            If the identification is correct, I can forgive quite a few things from the Truth Band.
                            Last edited by backbencher; 03-02-2011, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by backbencher View Post
                              Very cheap shot and quite disrespectful towards the player who had to give up hockey just because a coach didn't want to have him around.
                              If the identification is correct, I can forgive quite a few things from the Truth Band.
                              I assume you guys are talking about Nik Sellers? I wasn't around the program when he was, what happened?

Comment

Originally posted by Buck LeVasseur View Post
                                I assume you guys are talking about Nik Sellers? I wasn't around the program when he was, what happened?
                                I only have second hand info from players and an assistant coach. Probably the only two who know are the player and head coach. Sounds like it wasn't a good fit. I will always fondly remember his game winner against Michigan at the Norris Center. He seemed to be a player with potential, above average speed and hands, that didn't develop.
                                Last edited by DB Cooper; 03-02-2011, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X